• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR & AS for normal DS Versions?

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2014
    Don't You think that nintendo should have given this version to the Nintendo DS users (the ones who don't have 3DS) because personally, i have waited 6 years for a hoenn remake on my DS i and when it finally comes out, its on a 3DS that my family doesnt allow me to buy. It is a pain. I hope they make one for normal DS...

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Unfortunately, the reverse then becomes true: everyone who has bought the 3DS then gets cheated out of a remake made with the most advanced technology, and they are the ones that have spent money keeping up with the times. It is rather disheartening to hear of how many people will be unable to play these games, but that is life, I suppose. :\ Hopefully circumstances change for you soon though and you will be able to enjoy it!

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • Sadly, I think that the normal DS is in the past now and they won't be making anymore games for it. The 3DS has been out for a few years now.

It sucks for those like you who don't have a 3DS but that's just how electronics go. >_<

Edit: You could always try a 2DS maybe. It's cheaper and would play 3DS games (just without the 3D switch) o:

Years
  • As Eevee said, these games won't be on the DS, only the 3DS. The DS is a 10-year-old handheld and pretty much obsolete since they are closing down its wi-fi services soon. I do feel sorry you haven't got a 3DS yet, but I'm sure you can get one eventually.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Well, ideally that would be nice. Though, that's also like me wishing that Persona 5 would release for the PS2, rather than the PS3 /4 that's it's planned for. @__@ Game companies don't usually downgrade. They probably want people to have more of a reason to buy a 3DS, I'm sure. :/

Years
  • Not in the slightest, we're on 3DS now and if you've not upgraded then that's too bad, they aren't going to sacrifice graphics and amazing gameplay because some people "dont have one yet".

If you want OR and AS, then buy a 3DS, save up for it, you have a few months.

Exactly what he said.

Not everyone is going to downgrade graphics just because you can't afford the latest generation of console. I managed to get my 3DS before X and Y were even announced, so that way I was prepared for when Pokemon would eventually make the leap to 3D.

Don't worry, not everyone can catch up easily to those who already are planned but as said above, do save up and you shall get it eventually. The games don't get released until November so yeah plenty of time to do so!

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • Exactly what he said.

Not everyone is going to downgrade graphics just because you can't afford the latest generation of console. I managed to get my 3DS before X and Y were even announced, so that way I was prepared for when Pokemon would eventually make the leap to 3D.

Don't worry, not everyone can catch up easily to those who already are planned but as said above, do save up and you shall get it eventually. The games don't get released until November so yeah plenty of time to do so!

Exactly, I bought my 3DS at the Christmas before X and Y launched because I had enough at the time, I knew I'd need it and there was other games to tide me over till then ( Monster Hunter etc )

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • To be honest, I got my 3DS two years after it launched because when it was first put out there, it had very little games and I didn't feel the use for a 3DS. Then eventually Animal Crossing came out as well as Mario Kart 7 and I couldn't say no. xD

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • I knew after Black and White 2 that we'd be leaping to 3DS, it was gonna happen so I made sure I was prepared. They'll stick with Pokemon games on the 3DS for at least another generation or maybe even two so you have plenty of time to pick them up.

if you don't get them at launch day, yeah its a bummer but if you're a true fan then it'll be magical no matter when you play it

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I got mine for Kingdom Hearts near the end of 2011, had to wait seven months for it though. Like wise one could buy the 3DS right now if they have the money, or buy the cheaper 2DS (which if one's parents don't allow to buy a 3Ds they could buy a 2Ds which isn't exactly the same) ;)

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    You know ORAS should release sometime around the 10th anniversary of the original DS.

Hate to break it to you, but the that console's time is long gone.

I knew after Black and White 2 that we'd be leaping to 3DS, it was gonna happen so I made sure I was prepared. They'll stick with Pokemon games on the 3DS for at least another generation or maybe even two so you have plenty of time to pick them up.

if you don't get them at launch day, yeah its a bummer but if you're a true fan then it'll be magical no matter when you play it
    TBH, Gen 5 just seemed like a filler generation to me, bridging the gap between the, "true," DS Pokemon generation, (Gen 4,) and the 3DS Pokemon generation, (Gen 6.)

Years
  • I think Nintendo chose to publish it on the 3DS because (1) it would just be way cooler that way graphics- and mechanics-wise, (2) the DS series (DS, DS Lite, and DSi) is coming to an end, and (3) this is a way for Nintendo to make more money by making people get the 3DS or 2DS. At the end of the day, I think it was a smart decision to release OR/AS on 3DS.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Going to join the choir here.

The DS is dead now - it's no longer being produced, and the same goes for new games for it. That's just how it is, and with options like the 3DS around as well it's not that un-affordable an option when you have 6 months. Family saying no is one thing, but then again, if you use your own money...

And at the time, it was actually surprising that they put BW on the regular DS. It seemed that it may have been better waiting for the 3DS, but that's what they went with (and sales turned out well anyway, unsurprisingly). B2W2 was one of the last games to come out for the DS iirc, and that was a sure sign that the next game would be 3DS. With X&Y being on the 3DS... really a given that any other games following would be too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Going to join the choir here.

The DS is dead now - it's no longer being produced, and the same goes for new games for it. That's just how it is, and with options like the 3DS around as well it's not that un-affordable an option when you have 6 months. Family saying no is one thing, but then again, if you use your own money...

And at the time, it was actually surprising that they put BW on the regular DS. It seemed that it may have been better waiting for the 3DS, but that's what they went with (and sales turned out well anyway, unsurprisingly). B2W2 was one of the last games to come out for the DS iirc, and that was a sure sign that the next game would be 3DS. With X&Y being on the 3DS... really a given that any other games following would be too.

I feel that Gen 5 came along at a really awkward time for Nintendo. Game Freak just barely managed to release whatever they were working on in time for the DS, and naturally that's probably part of the reason as to why we didn't see any remakes for Gen 5; they knew its console was coming to an end real fast.

Back