• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Orange is the New Black Season 2

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    The Netflix original, Orange is the New Black season 2 premiered today. I'm currently on episode 4, anyone else a fan of the show? I love the actors, and like the story as well. So far, it's not as good as season 1, but it's getting there. What are your guys' thoughts on the show?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Don't know why I'm commenting now, since I haven't finished the first season, but I plan on getting to it eventually. I like the story, and most of the characters are pretty interesting, especially with the backstories they give, but some of them are just plain annoying. I see they're still in jail though, so I guess Piper doesn't get out in the finale of the first season or anything haha.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Finished the second season earlier today. Was really great. Can't wait for season 3!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I haven't been able to watch more than half of the first episode of season two but I'll be watching all of it when I vacation in Alabama in a week or so. Been super psyched since last summer.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Finished Season 2 last night. I lost all respect for Piper after what she did, and the ending was funny. That's all I'll say without giving away any major spoilers.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Finished the second season earlier today. Was really great. Can't wait for season 3!
    Wow, Nick, that was quick! I finished it yesterday and felt exhausted but yowza! It's a wonder your eyes haven't frazzled up.

But yeah. In complete agreement. It was so much more expansive and nuanced and novelistic in its scope: all good things in my book. Lorraine Toussaint should be Meryl Streep-style famous.

lozzop

Monkey slut!
    Years
  • I finished it just a couple hours ago to, such a good ending! I feel kind of lost now though, what am I going to do with my life for the next year '-' Btw, have any of you seen the kitten parody? So funny XD

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • I started watching this recently too. Have yet to get far in it but it's been quite funny so far, especially considering one of the characters resembles a clueless friend of mine in her mannerisms and such. I am quite entertained.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Finished Season 2 last night. I lost all respect for Piper after what she did, and the ending was funny. That's all I'll say without giving away any major spoilers.

Are you referring to the call she made on the final episode?

Why? She was in danger because, you know, and Piper was losing all the people close to her. I thought it was a clever way to a) keep her safe, and b) keep her close. Though I think it mostly dealt with her wanting to be with someone again more than it did keeping her safe, but still.

Tried to keep that a little vague. Hope you got the clues.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Are you referring to the call she made on the final episode?

Why? She was in danger because, you know, and Piper was losing all the people close to her. I thought it was a clever way to a) keep her safe, and b) keep her close. Though I think it mostly dealt with her wanting to be with someone again more than it did keeping her safe, but still.

Tried to keep that a little vague. Hope you got the clues.

Yeah, but it was still a selfish move on Piper's part.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Yeah, but it was still a selfish move on Piper's part.
    Spoiler:
    But consider everything Alex put her through. She's in there because of her.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I just watched the first episode of season 2. It was okay, but I don't really care for Piper/Alex and their story. I thought the drama with Pensatucky in season 1 was unnecessary and really took away from the rest of the characters. I'm basically watching OITNB for everyone but Piper/Alex lol.

Sirfetch’d

Finished s 2 last night and I have to say I enjoyed it more than the first one! The finale was way better albeit a little saddening haha. Now the painful wait for season 3 begins :(

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I haven't actually started on it yet, but I'm guessing from the sound of the replies in here that it's really awesome.

Years
  • I've heard so many good things about this show, and now that I finally have Netflix, I'm definitely going to give it a go once I finish the shows I'm already plowing through right now, haha. Just by reading a plot summary found online, it sounds like a really unique story, and I can't wait to pull an all-nighter and watch all of the first season soon so I can join in with you guys :]

Mystify

confused
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2020
    Season 2 was awesome, can't wait for season 3. I'm just really glad we got Morello and Poussey's backstories, I love them. Also I heard that season 3 is going to have less Larry and I'm happy about that because I don't care about him lol.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Season 2 was awesome, can't wait for season 3. I'm just really glad we got Morello and Poussey's backstories, I love them. Also I heard that season 3 is going to have less Larry and I'm happy about that because I don't care about him lol.

Larry's life is pretty much set at this point, and I couldn't care less about him now. I also wasn't satisfied with Morello's backstory. Seemed very cut-and-cry, though Christopher's appearance at the jail made up for where it was lacking.

the ending though I could scream

Years
  • I actually preferred Season 1. I'm not sure why, I just did. And the finale for Season 2 was a little bit long, but it tied things up nicely and that final scene was so incredibly satisfying (you all know which one I mean). Alex and Piper are kind of boring if I'm honest, and I may be the only person who likes Larry (though I dislike Piper in his defence). I do love how the older members of the prison are portrayed as pure evil though.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I actually preferred Season 1. I'm not sure why, I just did. And the finale for Season 2 was a little bit long, but it tied things up nicely and that final scene was so incredibly satisfying (you all know which one I mean). Alex and Piper are kind of boring if I'm honest, and I may be the only person who likes Larry (though I dislike Piper in his defence). I do love how the older members of the prison are portrayed as pure evil though.

Spoiler:

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I love this show so much omfg. Amazingly acted, actual decent storylines, led by a bunch of amazingly talented women? Yes p l e a s e.

Gotta say Season 1 was amazing but Season 2 was outstanding. I lost a lot of liking for a lot of my S1 favs tho like Black Cindy, Taystee, and Alex. I started to like Taystee towards the end though, I need her and Poussey to be besties again ok???

This season also gave Tiffany and Healy a lot of development together and whilst I find their characters individually gross and annoying, their friendship is kinda cute tbh.

So glad we got Poussey, Black Cindy, Suzanne, and Lorna back stories though, especially the latter two.

And talking about Suzanne, god her episode had be sobbing, Uzo is such a fabulous actress. I feel bad for even referring to Suzanne as Crazy Eyes now tbh.

And I'm glad that S3 will have less Larry because I'm pretty sure no one likes him l o l. My S3 wishlist is; Piper/Alex get back together, more Suzanne, especially more comedy and more friendship moments with other people like Lorna (their scene really killed me) and Piper. Big Boo and Norma back stories. I know there's apparently another Daya one as well? I also need their baby to come because we all know it's gonna.

And I was watching the S1 episode today where Mercy leaves and I thought what if she comes back, not knowing Trisha is dead? And then she could totally find out somehow that Mendez did it?? Even tho he's gone, but is also returning for S3 (as well as his Mom apparently?)

and this will never happen but I need Miss Claudette to come back, I want flashbacks of how her first few weeks in prison were. (((plus piper/claudette friendship is like crack to me)))

Should I spoiler the majority of this or??

Back