• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Organising those boxes

Years
    In my normal playthroughs, I put more significant Pokémon (like ones i've bred with a lot of good IVs or my main team members), i'll put them in boxes that I wallpaper with the legendary Pokémon on them. For example, in my main White 2, I have a box with White Kyurem wallpaper where I have nothing but (pseudo-)legendary Pokémon and members from my Hall of Fame team. Other than that, I don't really put specific members in different boxes - I leave most random ones wherever.

You have no clue how much I want a sort system in boxes. Sort by Pokemon name, nickname, Pokedex#, and so on.. that would make my perfectionist life so much better (as well as those who are catching things for a living dex)!

Right now I just sort of box Pokemon wherever unless they're members of my team, then I'll usually put them in the last box so I can find and withdraw them quickly when needed. Shinies have their own box with a "shinies" label so that's the only instance of me really organizing things properly. Eggs usually have their own box but that's only for quick access, again, since I hatch then all at once and then release or Wonder Trade depending on what I got. It's no biggie to me if I shove them in random boxes to clean up space.

Please give us a sort feature. :'(

Years
    I always keep my shinies separate from my other Pokemon. Other than that, I don't really do any specific box organizing. Sometimes I make a box for my original team members, or the ones that I journeyed with before completing the game.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I kind of have a weird heap/stack system when it comes to organizing boxes. That has been pretty useful in gen 6, as I was particularly active during this generation, especially in terms of Pokedex completion and breeding for competitive Pokemon.

The basic layout looks like follows:
    - the first box is empty, unless I want to trade some Pokemon via manual trading, which is when I move the ones I want to trade to said box (prevents me from scrolling through all the boxes after every successful trade)
    - from box two onward every Pokemon that doesn't solve a purpose besides filling my Pokedex, gets sorted by its primary type (except legendaries)
    - after those come the boxes containing legendaries
    - the last box contains all my Pokemon that serve a certain purpose ingame (ingame teams, Pokemon catcher, Pickup squad, etc.)
    - the boxes before the job-box contain my "elite", basically all the competitive Pokemon I have
    - before those comes the breeding section (future breeding projects, Dittos/Synchronizers, positive breeding leftovers (additional mons with all around perfect nature and IVs that I don't need for the moment))
    - every other box between legendaries and breeding mons is empty

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years
    The only things I do that are particularly special with my boxes are separate stand outs into their own boxes. I have a Shiny Box, a couple Legendary Boxes, a Parent Box, a Team Box, and several IV Bred Boxes. Otherwise, I just kind of have them all cluster. It gets pretty spammy. Fortunately the PokeBank is awesome... though I don't use it a lot because it can be -really- tedious transferring so many Pokemon.

Back