• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Orginal or Remakes?

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    Which do think is better the original or remakes? i personally think that the Remakes for Pokemon are better then the originals (Even though i played the originals and loved them) mainly cause of the updated graphics and script fixes.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • I love them both. Of course, the better of the two just HAS to be the remakes. They take the old game and make it a LOT better. Whether it be the graphics, or the battle system, or even the battles themselves~! But of course, you can defenitely NOT forget about the originals. But with the remakes comes new Pokemon, new battles, and new other fun things to do! Like the Battle Frontier and Pokeathlon in HG/SS which was a remake of G/S/C.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    I like HG/SS better because of better moves, and the Physical/Special split (Man, i just loooooove that split :D)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like both the original and remakes equally because I never got a chance to play the original R/B/Y/G/S/C to have an opinion on them.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Remakes for me. Better graphics, glitches are addressed, the newer mechanics, and in the case of FR/LG, the introduction of the ultimate playable character (Hint: It's the gender you COULDN'T play as in the original).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I like the originals better since the music was so nostalgic, and we didn't have to deal with all the "abilities" and all those other stuff that the remakes have. But I tend to like the remakes as well, since I'm a graphics junkie, the game graphics have improved a lot.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • In nearly every instance in games, movies, TV shows etc, the originals are ALWAYS better. Pokemon is the only franchise on earth where I like the remakes more.

Eagledelt

=)?
    Years
  • Original games are the ones that make us love the story, the characters and all that stuff. With the remakes we get more graphics, event better stories, more characters and more Pokemon! I preffer remakes. Can't wait for R/S Remakes, and I hope they are announced this May ^-^

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Hmm...tough choice, originals have a better feeling to them, the remakes have new features.....I guess I'd choose the nostalgic of the old ones over the remakes :D

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • HG/SS were a hit to me, i love Johto's saga, but personally, i've more fun and experiences when i play G/S/C for the first time, nostalgic time...

Years
  • The only remake I've played is Leaf Green, and I have to say it's every bit as exciting as the original. Sure, there isn't that feeling of "this is all soo new!!" but there definitely is that feeling of "OH! I remember this!" and the nostalgia does creep into it on some levels. Added to that, there's of course the improved graphics etc and it's less likely for the battery to give out on you, being a newer game :)

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • Well, I prefer the original r/b/y over fr/lg and hg/ss over the original g/s/c. I just don't think that fr/lg matched up too well against it's original counterpart while hg/ss did a great job at it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I love playing both actually. Comparing RB to FRLG however, RB is vastly superior. I actually can't stand FRLG (so I guess me saying I like both remakes and originals doesn't apply in this case, but it does later). I felt FRLG, even though it did its job remaking RB, just didn't add enough to give it its own edge against RB. Sure, updated graphics and music, TMs, and the addition of the Sevii Islands was there, but I just wasn't feeling it. It looked nice, but I hated the music. The Sevii Islands I found to be more of a bother than a good time, so I just didn't care for them. So in this regard, I say RB >>>>>>> FRLG and I'd play the originals over the remakes any day. Seriously, good luck if you want me to try to play FRLG. It's only good for...SRing for a shiny starter. And even I wouldn't bother with that.

Moving on to GSC and HGSS, I love playing both. HGSS added a lot of new features, but I still felt it really retained enough from the originals to where it was a perfect balance. They even had the original music in the game (talking about the GB Player here) and I'm sure that meant a lot to players, cause I know it gave me a thrill. But point is, you can hand me either GSC or HGSS and I'll happily play either. I enjoy both the originals and remakes in this case.

When RS gets its make over (shut up, you know it'll happen) I'll probably feel the same as I do with GSC and HGSS. Hoenn is my favorite region and RSE are games I can play over and over and not get bored of it. So even when the remake hits the scene, I'm sure I'll still be rockin' the originals.

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
    Years
  • Yeah, the originals are nostalgic, but I try to avoid using that in arguments... The remakes generally just have a lot more to do, and feel more, for lack of a better term, "complete". Things are much more detailed, some mistakes are fixed... It's like a revised version sometimes. That said, I didn't really like FR/LG simply because they were too similar to the originals. It just felt like a graphical and musical facelift.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Honestly, I don't know. I loved RBY but really disliked FRLG for some reason. Yet with GSC, I find the originals hard to go back to yet I enjoyed myself in HGSS. Then again, with the latter, I'm sure the fact that I played through it with Cherrim following me has something to do with it. Then again, with the former, I really didn't like gen 3 and since that used the same engine (I think?) and had mostly the same feel, it just didn't click well for me.

But I'll go ahead and say remakes are better since they let you re-experience something using all the improvements that the series has seen since.

Back