• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU Pokemon Showdown Team

CloudFinalPHD

The Panda Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Hi there, I'm trying to test out some teams when I reealized I'm horrible at it. Can someone help me with this team?

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Spore
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Seed
    - Sky Uppercut

Espeon @ Life Orb
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Morning Sun
    - Yawn
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball

Klefki @ Light Clay
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 240 HP / 108 Def / 160 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Thunder Wave
    - Foul Play

Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 Def / 248 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Earth Power
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Dark Pulse

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Overcoat
    EVs: 240 HP / 52 Def / 216 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Taunt
    - Foul Play
    - Toxic
    - Roost

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
    Ability: Sniper
    EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Focus Energy
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
    First, if you'd prefer using poison heal breloom, you're better off using its subpunch set (sub/spore/focuspunch/seed bomb) since bullet seed does pitiful damage without tech. Otherwise, just go with the standard tech breloom with Spore, Bullet Seed, Mach Punch and Rock Tomb/Swords Dance.

Second, since you have no stealth rock setter (which is very important to net OHKO's for critdra), I suggest replacing heatran's set for a utility variant. (Lava Plume/SR/Roar/Toxic or Willowisp) As well as replacing one of Mandibuzz's moves for Defog.

Third, I'd rather replace Espeon for a revenger or another offensive mon, since Knock Off is so common nowadays and if you look at the team preview, the frail Espeon is like shouting "Imma bounce your rocks on your obvious SR Setter!" and get OHKOed on the switchin instead. I'd recommend something like Gothitelle or Magnezone to trap and/or take care of annoyances like Ferrothorn and other troublesome mons that could hinder your critdra sweep. And speaking of Kingdra sweep, you could run agility instead of HP Fire to generally get fast KO's once the steels/fairies/bulky waters are removed by your trapper.

Hope that helps!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    So I think the main thing is that many of your Pokemon just don't do anything.

Mandibuzz is really passive. It walls some stuff but is fundamentally reactive. It's extremely exploitable and cedes momentum to the opponent. Klefki is pretty mediocre but on a team like this especially because dual screens are pretty pointless without a set-up Pokemon (something like RP/SD Landorus-T, DD Gyarados, etc.) to take advantage of the defensive boost. Espeon is easy to wall, frail, etc. Looking at Kingdra and Heatran, it looks like you're looking to run a balanced team, but if that's the case you need to maximize your teamslots to make up for some inherent limitations that the playstyle has (meaning that you need a really good offensive core and very synergetic and precise supporting/bulky mons to back them up).

So if you want to make this team better, use Pokemon that put more pressure on your opponent. Add a Stealth Rocker because Stealth Rock is a necessity on any good team. Also, it sounds simple, but I recommend simply using better individual Pokemon. Synergy is important, but you're a lot more likely to BS your way to a win because, say, Mega Gardevoir was able to pull off an endgame sweep with its special bulk and power. Espeon just can't do that.

CloudFinalPHD

The Panda Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2014
    Ok, I made some HUGE changes to the team, and I'd love some feedback on it now.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
    Ability: Pixilate
    EVs: 240 HP / 240 Def / 28 SpA
    Calm Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Hyper Voice
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psychic

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Whirlwind
    - Roost

Excadrill @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 HP / 168 Atk / 88 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Iron Head
    - Rock Slide

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower
    - U-turn

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
    - Focus Energy
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Agility

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Substitute
    - Spore
    - Focus Punch
    - Seed Bomb

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Just a few little things. Psyshock > Psychic on Mega Gardevoir so it can blast special walls away, who'd normally love to come in on Garde. Having both Spikes and Stealth Rock is kinda unnecessary on Skarmory unless you're going for a semi-stall team here. If not, swap Spikes with Brave Bird or Defog. And since you're using Agility on Kingdra, you can move a few of those Speed EVs into its HP.

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
    Agreeing with Zekrom on that, and if I may add, replace megavoir's shadow ball with focus blast for coverage against steels, since shadow ball has nothing much to hit in OU (afaik only gengar, medicham or kazam/goth, which is taken care of anyway by STAB psyshock and pixelate hypervoice). Also on kingdra, you might opt for 196 speed EVs to at least outspeed scarfchomp at +2 (you could also run timid nature with 160 speed evs to outspeed scarf lati@s at +2, but sacrifice sweeping power from modest).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Ok, I made some HUGE changes to the team, and I'd love some feedback on it now.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
    Ability: Pixilate
    EVs: 240 HP / 240 Def / 28 SpA
    Calm Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Hyper Voice
    - Shadow Ball
    - Psychic

Skarmory @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Whirlwind
    - Roost

Excadrill @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 HP / 168 Atk / 88 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Iron Head
    - Rock Slide

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower
    - U-turn

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
    - Focus Energy
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Agility

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Substitute
    - Spore
    - Focus Punch
    - Seed Bomb

I don't think that Mega Gardevoir should use a Calm nature to bolster up its special bulk. It's already fine uninvested. You're also not taking advantage of the 100 Speed Gardevoir has in Mega form. It's still physically frail, even with investment. However, the below set has minimal defensive investment to let Mega Gardevoir survive 2 Psyshocks from Latios:
    -Psyshock
    -Hyper Voice
    -Focus Blast/Hidden Power (Ground)
    -Taunt/Will-o-Wisp/Calm Mind
    Nature: Timid/Modest
    EVs: 24 Def/232 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Gardevoirite
    Ability: Trace

Skarmory is horrible Taunt bait if it opts for both of its hazards. Just stick to one of them and you're good. Since this is a Showdown! team, use this Skarmory instead:
    -Roost
    -Defog
    -Whirlwind/Taunt/Brave Bird
    -Toxic/Stealth Rock/Counter/Brave Bird
    Nature: Bold/Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Rocky Helmet

Assault Vest Excadrill should use 120 HP/136 Atk/252 SDef for optimum special bulk.

Use this set on Therian Landorus:
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -U-turn
    -Knock Off/Superpower
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 140 HP/156 Atk/212 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf

The EV spread has enough Speed to let Therian Landorus outspeed Mega Manectric, while the Attack and HP EVs let it still hit hard and make the most out of Intimidate.

And if you can't fit Stealth Rock on to Skarmory, you might as well put it on Therian Landorus:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -U-turn
    -Stone Edge/Knock Off
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Rocky Helmet

I don't think that Poison Heal Breloom is viable anymore. It's walled by so many things, including Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss, that it's not even funny. The Technician set is the way to go this time. I'd rather have a move that hits both Pokemon neutrally than be walled entirely by them, IMO. However, Gardevoir can handle the aforementioned Pokemon, giving Breloom some breathing room:
    -Bullet Seed
    -Mach Punch
    -Rock Tomb
    -Spore
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Ability: Technician

Back