• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overwatch Mafia: Game over?!

Ninjorf

Friendo
    Years
    Mostly I'm not active because I don't understand what is happening. It looked like Winston killed somebody during the day phase and voting didn't happen. But I don't see how that's possible.

Years
    At a 7/2/3 split.

If we lynch a mafia it's 7/1/3. Assuming the mafia kills a townie & the cult recruits one, we're at 5/1/4.
    If the cult recruits mafia it's 6/4. Both situations take us to MYLO.

If a townie is lynched, it'll be 6/2/3. This means 4/2/4 or 5/1/4, much like the previous situation.

Lynching a cult however, takes us to 7/2/2. This is favourable as it can go 5/2/3, 6,1,3 or 7/1/2.

Of course we can just hope the mafia will hit a cult tonight, but who can trust them?

The problem there, is that we're no closer to identifying who the townies and cult are. Even for Winston it's a problem because anyone they've had a result on could later have been converted. Taking a page out of the SJ method here, what do you think of Tracer's contributions thus far?

Mostly I'm not active because I don't understand what is happening. It looked like Winston killed somebody during the day phase and voting didn't happen. But I don't see how that's possible.

It's not without a rocket launcher and none were used. It was either flavour text or implying something about the events of the day phase.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    Look at it pretty simply.

12 left, 5 aren't town.

If you take me & Johnny out, that's 5 town 5 scum, leaving us with a 50:50 chance of lynching scum

On Tracer, I can't tell too much, they're hardly playing the game seriously

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
    Morning dogs & cats. Bummer that Sombra is back again but I'll definitely take the second coming of Sombra over the second coming of Widowmaker.

Superjolt, I'll answer your question from yesterday. Sorry for ignoring you. Yesterday was crazy.

Right, while I still find Ninjorf a little suss (although, at this point its just due to inactivity), Rabi was becoming a liability to my survival in the game. I voted for Rabi to prove a point. He and I are not working together. That was before he claimed Soldier 76. I unvoted him following that.

I must say though, it's getting a little frustrating having so many inactive players. We are maybe six active players including myself, out of the 12 remaining players. :\
    I just want to point out that voting Rabi and just stating you're not working together doesn't really prove anything. I mean, there could be other reasons but "I voted him, clearly we're not working together" is not a good reason.

Wrt to you and Ninjorf, I had a weaksauce theory that involved you and him being cult but then realized cult didn't recruit N1 so that theory is down the drain
    GP, just noticed I also didn't get an answer from you before D2 ended - what do you think about jd?

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    @rabi cult have to outnumber ALL factions, so both town and mafia will have a common lylo

Years
    I just want to point out that voting Rabi and just stating you're not working together doesn't really prove anything. I mean, there could be other reasons but "I voted him, clearly we're not working together" is not a good reason.

Wrt to you and Ninjorf, I had a weaksauce theory that involved you and him being cult but then realized cult didn't recruit N1 so that theory is down the drain

GP, just noticed I also didn't get an answer from you before D2 ended - what do you think about jd?

I've got a null read on him to be honest. I could easily see him as any of the three alignments depending on how you read into his posts.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    Traditionally a non caring attitude would point towards town, though he could be the cult target.

Years
    Or he could be maf/cult trying to look town. I'm going to just bite the bullet here and

[Lynch] Tracer

If he convinces me otherwise I'll gladly change my vote.

Trainer 766

Or he could be maf/cult trying to look town. I'm going to just bite the bullet here and

[Lynch] Tracer

If he convinces me otherwise I'll gladly change my vote.

Why Tracer though? What did he say that makes him scum?

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    I've got a null read on him to be honest. I could easily see him as any of the three alignments depending on how you read into his posts.
    You really think I could even be mafia? That surprises me.

He's posting some, but is not engaging with the active discussions at all, and even voted for GP last phase. I think he's worth taking a look at for sure.

Years
    You really think I could even be mafia? That surprises me.

Potentially yes. You could just as easily be culted/cultist or town though. I'm really not entirely sure what to think of you. You're proving really hard to read this game.

He's posting some, but is not engaging with the active discussions at all, and even voted for GP last phase. I think he's worth taking a look at for sure.

Couldn't have said this better myself. I guess at the very least, I don't think you're working on the same team as Tracer.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
    My guts telling me Tracer is scum. No real evidence though.
    Kind of agree, I could probably vote him today
    Right. All of the flavor text has me hella confused.
    I think you're getting too hung up on the flavor text, I'm not saying it's not important, but really the juicy stuff is what people are posting in the thread. Do you really have no reads or thoughts on who could be mafia or cult?
    I can agree with this actually, there was something specific that bugged me from him on D2 but I missed something in his post the first couple times I read it
    I think it's more like what he's not saying. I mean, besides just being inactive, he dropped a vote on GP at the end of D2 but didn't explain, he only said GP was suspicious and left it at that

What do you think about him?

Trainer 766

Tbh, saying someone suspicious and voting them without concrete evidence is what I've been doing in mafia games lol.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    I can agree with this actually, there was something specific that bugged me from him on D2 but I missed something in his post the first couple times I read it
    What is it that bugs you about me? Are you saying you don't remember?

Are you still looking at Ninjorf as scum now that he is voting Tracer?

[Lynch] Tracer

Back