• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Owning Both?

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I bought both games (X and Y) on release day - actually I had them on pre-order since the pre-orders had started months before

Today I own more than one of each game so I can play various teams without restarting.

answer the questions:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    I own X but really, really want to get Y. It's immensely difficult for me to restart my first file in a Pokemon game, especially since I've already caught all the Pokemon and achieved so many things. Y would be a fun thing to replay and go through the story again.. because I truly do miss it.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    I own both pretty much for all above reasons, mainly use Y since it was my first one, and i get to use x for story repeat. :-)

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
    I own both versions. I got X after Y for collecting and because I wanted to play with a new team. I'd also be able to get version exclusives and mega stones easier, so that was a big plus. I personally don't regret having both versions at all!

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    I own both nowa nd honestly can say I havent regretted my decision! I LOVE being able to have tyranitarite AND aggronite without having to get rid of any megastones and love having one for main story (will be my recently bought X) as I will be restarting my Y once I beat the E4 and get the legendaries then will reset to start with another starter to get the third legendary bird (still need zapdos, or picking fennekin as starter) as i chose chespin in Y for articuno my favoritea nd chose froakie in X as thats my favorite starter choice:)

I LOVE owning both! Thanks so much for the input guys and gals!

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I have both versions. I also have two 3DSs, one being the limited edition Pikachu 3DS XL so I can trade between my games. I really think it's worth it because now I can have my completed X save for tournaments, trading and Friend Safaris while I redo the story in Y.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 23, 2020
    I had both Black and White because I wanted to restart the story again a few times and not lose all my hard work. However with X & Y I have no desire to start the story again at the moment so only see myself getting the third version if it comes out and not both the games for this gen.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    I almost impulse on a Pokemon Y 2 nights back, but decided to hold out for the 3rd or sequence instead. Can't find a point in playing over the same storyline, albeit different versions.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'll buy Y for the sake of version exclusives. I have X, so buying Y would be worth it because Yveltal and other Pokemon that I can't catch on X. I really don't mind starting the story over again.

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    I got both now and just did an impulse buy on amazon on saturday for a blue pokemon x and y 3ds xl limited edition :) cant wait to get it, should have it by monday :) yay! Lol

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I only have X and I would never buy the other copy. I just don't feel like I need to. xD I can definitely see why other people would though.

Years
    I never by both. I do however buy the thirds of each main game.

As for mystery dungeon I buy 1 in each series. Bought Red Rescue Team, Explorers of Darkness, and Gates to Infinity.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2014
    I started with Y and now that I've beaten it I really want to do it all over again. So I bought X so I could get Xerneas and a different bird. I'll probably restart Y at some point so I can get all 3 of the legendary birds.

Years
    I have both only because I found a copy for 15 bucks and couldn't pass it up. I usually only get one out of the set though. It's cool because you can get all of the version exclusives and use one for restarting and the other for collecting/saving all of your stuff.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    I only bought the X version cause I was able to obtain nearly all of the other version exclusive pokemon through the GTS or from this forum. But I'm waiting to see if there's going to be a 'Z' version of the game.

Years
    I only bought the X version cause I was able to obtain nearly all of the other version exclusive pokemon through the GTS or from this forum. But I'm waiting to see if there's going to be a 'Z' version of the game.

I cant imagine a Z version because theres Zygaurde which is the "Z" pokemon. But I could be wrong. I could see more of like an X and Y version 2 though.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
    I want to get Y for my Solo challenges and other things, but I think I'll wait until they are a little less expensive. I'm not going to pay fifty Euros just to play it again.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I only own X, but I'd like to eventually get Y.

Mainly because I just had to restart X to be able to play the game again, and I always dislike having to erase my files. D:

Back