• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FIXED Page position jumps when typing in longer post

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Summary:
    When writing long posts (or editing), sometimes the page position will jump. This can prevent one seeing what they are typing as the line the cursor is on in the post has move off-screen. It doesn't happen all the time and seems dependent on the initial page position.

Bug Type:
    Usability

Steps to Reproduce:
    Not necessarily easy to reproduce. Try messing around with the FAQ/General Info thread sticky I have in SwSh - or this post! (Go to a line near the bottom in edit mode, type a letter, scroll the page down, type again until you see the page jump on typing.) You may need to play around with where the position of the page is initially before typing in a line to observe it. Less of an issue, but still noticeable, in full editor mode; in this case I can at least still see stuff being typed on-screen.

Reproducibility:
    Sometimes. Was reproduced by Sheep.

Expected Results:
    No position jumping!

Actual Results:
    Position jumping.

Device Configuration:
    Chrome on laptop, full size, Ubuntu (also happened on iOS laptop).

Theme Used:
    Johto Elite. Reproduced on Coloured Flattered (ORAS).

-------------
    LMK if you need a gif to better explain this behaviour.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've mentioned this 1738495 times, but apparently only on Discord. I switch over to Forever Standing (Old UI) for long posts because it's just not usable on the new UI.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I just wanna add that I've also had this on all of my longer posts at least to some degree. On the really long ones it made typing the post unbearable to the point I opened up a word editor to finish it. The problem also exists on mobile, and requires a much smaller word count to reproduce. It's incredibly annoying. I wanna add to the themes with what I experienced this on, namely Yggdrasil and Infernal Smash.

Back