• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Paint my nails pretty~

Do you paint your nails? If so, do you enjoy doing/wearing it?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    clear with big glitters! that is, if i ever feel like tending to my nails. i don't like too much how plain colors look, on me anyway.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I did a few times in the past, but never frequently. Nowadays, I'm much too lazy to be going around and putting Nail Polish on my fingernails, same for make-up. I'm fine without those types of things, in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    There's something about cosmetics that really kind of weird me out. I prefer everything to be 100% natural. I even try and avoid taking pills and things, because the thought of chemicals being applied to the body is kind of unnerving to me, whether it's in the form of medicine, or strange gooey stuff being applied to the face/nails.

I don't really care much if other people use them. Unless someone absolutely plasters themselves in make-up so they look like a clown, then it's just funny. I've yet to meet someone who doesn't look better when they're not wearing make-up though.

But the thought of applying any form of cosmetic to myself just makes me shiver. And that's just the thought of the feeling of it, not including the fact I would look silly.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Hmm yes and also nail extensions sometimes.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I would only paint my nails if I was going out somewhere. Takes too much effort for me. o/ I tend to paint them blue/green.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I never have painted my nails, unless you count that one time when I was eight when I colored them in with a pen xD

I've never felt the need to, not even with clear nail polish. Though I wonder how my friends would react if I did. Maybe I should paint them t resemble the Quality Inn logo...

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    Whenever my nails are long enough, I paint them. But recently I've bitten my nails so much that there isn't much point, since there would be more nail polish around my nails than actually on them, haha. :>

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I did a few times in the past. I will paint them in glitter type colors. Like purple and pink with glitter. Or I will wear a solid dark red. But I really don't have the time to do my nails. I work in a place that I constantly scanning and picking stuff up. The nail polish will chip off.

Years
    Most of the time I don't care to. When I get the urge I usually don't have time to paint my nails anyway, or the money for that matter since it's not worth doing unless you're using the more expensive stuff like OPI and you do it often enough to make it worth the cost. Unless you want to wear the same color over and over and over.

-Scourge-

Come Together
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I never paint my nails, because it seems more like a girls thing than a guys thing.
    If I ever did it would be black, because thats like the only manly fingernail polish out there.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I very much enjoy nail polish. :D
    I tend towards brighter colours, like I have a really nice green colour, a really nice purple colour, and pink, and neon green, and red, black, midnight blue, and a few more, but I can't really keep track of them because I have a lot.
    They're so fuuuuuun. ^^

As soon as I can, I'll be painting them orange and black for Halloween, although I don't have my own orange nail polish so I've been waiting on my friend to bring me some, and she always forgets. D;

Oh, and since someone mentioned makeup, Eyeliner is pretty much equivalent in interest for me. :)

EDIT: Also want to get electric blue. I'll buy some once I get a job. <3

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    I paint my nails sometimes. It depends on my mood and/or the outfit. I like painting them pink, red, or blue. Black is too messy, lol.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't paint my nails for obvious stereotypical reasons.

The only time I ever applied any sort of makeup was when I was involved in musicals when I was in middle school. The thought of having to paint my nails or wear makeup for no true reason at all just doesn't attract me in the least.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I paint my nails when I am extremely bored and what not. Stuff like that, or.. when my friends want me to... well, want to paint them, not have me. BUt its whatever... =3

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    My cousins once painted my nails when i was 3 but that was the only time o.o

Gundisalvus Kuno

Solving Problems Since 1999
    Years
    I have never painted my nails, nor do I plan on it in the near future. I don't really enjoy the look of people who over do it on cosmetics, it just looks unnatural and I reallly don't like that

Back