• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Parasailing Donkey Sparks Cries of Animal Abuse

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    (July 20) -- Police in Russia are investigating reports of animal cruelty after a parasailing company attached a donkey to a parasail and dragged him hundreds of feet above a beach as part of a live advertisement, The Moscow Times reported.

This was no joy ride. Russians were frolicking below when they began to hear the donkey screaming in fear as a motorboat pulled him across the skies above the Sea of Azov.

"The donkey screamed and the children cried," Larisa Tuchkova, a police spokeswoman for Russia's Krasnodar region, told the Russian paper RIA-Novosti, according to a translation in The Moscow Times.

Tuchkova said witnesses snapped photos of the frightened donkey with their cell phones instead of calling the authorities.

"No one had the brains to call police," she said.

The four-legged, no-winged animal survived, but was dragged along the water until it was rescued by sympathetic beach-goers. According to a report in the Russian newspaper Taman cited by the Times, some children were asking their parents, "Why did they hitch a doggie to a parachute?"

Russian police did not appreciate the publicity stunt either. They are investigating the men involved on criminal charges of animal cruelty, according to a report in RIA-Novosti cited by BBC. Their names have not been released by police.

Kimberly Wells, a spokeswoman for the Brooke, a British animal-rights organization, said the donkey was likely in pain. "This animal would have been extremely distressed, suffering immeasurable fear and pain," Wells told Sky News.

[Passage found here]

That just disgusts me. I don't know how anyone could do that to an animal. I am a heavy believer of animal rights and if someone did that in front of me I would go berserk on them. Just because it can't speak like us humans doesn't mean it doesn't have feelings like us. I mean that donkey could have died and the people didn't give 2 cents about it. It seriously angers me whenever I see something like this.

Comments/Concerns/Opinions?

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
  • This really does annoy me, because of the fact of that it was for ENTERTAINMENT. And it didnt sound like the people were bothered either, as they were just taking pictures, and not trying to stop it. It worries me when I hear that people would actually do something like this to another member of the planet.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    This really does annoy me, because of the fact of that it was for ENTERTAINMENT. And it didnt sound like the people were bothered either, as they were just taking pictures, and not trying to stop it. It worries me when I hear that people would actually do something like this to another member of the planet.
    Thats what annoys me to. I mean if some human was forced to do that I bet a lot of people would help, but since its an animal everybody just wants to point and laugh. I don't see how some people can be that stupid and cold toward animals just because they can't talk or ask for help.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Why couldn't they just use a fake donkey? My thoughts are that it was animal abuse because the poor creature was fearing for it's life the whole time. Heck, it might even be traumatized for life!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Why couldn't they just use a fake donkey? My thoughts are that it was animal abuse because the poor creature was fearing for it's life the whole time. Heck, it might even be traumatized for life!
    The animal was severely stressed out and could have died from it. Whats worse when I was watching the news, the people who did it are only going to get a warning! I mean thats not right. They should at least go to jail for Animal Abuse or have a large fine to pay.

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • As a proud donkey owner (her name is Delilah.. she's lovely) this makes me feel sick to my stomach. :< I couldn't imagine having to see a poor donkey flying around in the sky, crying for help. And just for entertainment.. it's disgusting. I would definitely have done something about it.

I hope that the poor thing recovers, and doesn't live the rest of his/her life with behavioural issues, etc.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
  • Things like this make me want to pull my hair out. This is sick... I feel very sad for the animal that had to go through this.. People really need to think before they act these days.. And I agree, the people who did this shouldn't of been let off with just a "warning". Absolute BS imo.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Same here. I mean I really love animals and I would give my life to protect them without any thought.

When I showed it to my family, my sister thought it was funny, and that made me really mad that there are people like her who think abusing animals is funny.

Years
  • Well... Maybe I don't love animals that much, but ... I can't stand for that kind of views. I'm too sensitive for it. I could give some lesson for this abusing person.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • Why can't I stop laughing at the ridiculous stupidity of what was done? I mean seriously? What kind of nutcases launch a donkey into the air like that? What. The. Heck.

Anyway, despite how hilariously retarded what they did is, the actual donkey flying itself is not funny at all. Totally lame.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Why can't I stop laughing at the ridiculous stupidity of what was done? I mean seriously? What kind of nutcases launch a donkey into the air like that? What. The. Heck.

Anyway, despite how hilariously retarded what they did is, the actual donkey flying itself is not funny at all. Totally lame.
    I know right? (lol xD)
    I find people who abuse animals very idiotic. Some kid was kicking a stray dog outside of the school, so I kinda went overboard and beat him up :/

Anyways, the donkey is currently up for adoption, and is going to find a new home :]

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • What prompts people to do stuff like this? I may not be a big fan of animals, but even I think this is sick. And just for publicity? Absolutely disgusting.

Fortunately, I hear that Russian prisons are among the toughest and most brutal in the world. Cause these guys deserve it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I've been noticing around that most people who abuse animals say that the animals don't have feelings so they can't feel anything.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Well look on the bright side. That is the only donkey in the history of the world that's known what it feels like to fly like a bird.

Would've been awesome if the donkey crapped on one of the people responsible from mid-air though.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • I don't care much for animals, to be frank. However, if the donkey had kicked its way out and dropped into the boat, the operators would probably have died. And there would be a real danger when it landed, as it would be in an excited state and probably kick anyone who came near. This was stupid and dangerous.

Back