• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Basically im here for the fact i would like to download "pokemon adventures....red!" but im not sure how i see the links i see someone thing about a lore and then the beta but i need help instaling it and everything :P. Instructions plz? no...ok ;-;
    Welcome to PC!

To play Pokemon Adventures: Red, you'll need:

-a clean FireRed ROM (which you will have to find yourself)
    -The UPS patcher Tsukuyomi (Google for it)
    -the file downloaded from the link for Beta 11E (the Lore link is just information about the universe the game is based on!)

After you extract everything to your computer using 7zip or something like it, run Tsukuyomi to apply the patch to your FireRed ROM file.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    Has anyone been able to at least trial play pokemon x and y using citra? i am so waiting for citra to comeout and i cant wait

You need at least an existing save file to skip the opening sequence, it runs far less than full speed on a high-spec computer, the game will crash when entering a wild battle and certain other sequences unless you toggle some emulator settings (which makes the game run even slower and with more graphical glitches) and there is no sound on the main build of Citra.

In short it is not worth trying to play the game in the slightest until they're able to further improve the emulator.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    Android roms?

Hey guys I'm new to this whole rom hacking thing, my buddy turned me onto these on my android phone. My only problem is I don't know which ones to download onto my phone so my emulator can read it. If anyone has any ideas I'd really appreciate it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2016
    White screen

I'm having trouble launching the game with the vba. I patchet fire red and whenever I try to open it it results in just a white box and nothing else. Am I doing something wrong?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I'm having trouble launching the game with the vba. I patchet fire red and whenever I try to open it it results in just a white box and nothing else. Am I doing something wrong?

Check which version of FR you are using. Most FR hacks are of FR 1.0.
    You can check which version of FR you have by running a clean version of the ROM. If a green PRESENTS appears below the Gamefreak logo, then you have a copy of version 1.1. If you do have FR 1.1, you should get a new ROM.

Years
  • Problems associating .gba files with visualboy emulator

I know this isn't very relevant to rom hacking, but I have a big problem. Before today, I had .gba files associated with the visualboyadvance emulator as normal. But today,for some reason, .gba files weren't associated with VBA anymore. When I tried fixing it by selecting the emulator from the "Browse..." button, my computer ignored the selection and instead associated .gba files with a program in the "Recommended Programs" portion of the application selection window. No matter how many times I try selecting the emulator, my computer selects whatever's first in the recommended programs portion (which is Windows Media Center by the way). Even going into VBA and associating .gba files from the options menu doesn't work. Is there any way I can fix this? (or somehow reset my pc to what it was like yesterday if possible?)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    Here's my problem:
    HOW CAN I PATCH POKEMON HACKED VERSIONS ON MY CELLPHONE?! I'VE TRIED VARIOUS PATCHING TOOLS BUT DEYM IT FAILS EVERYTIME. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

How can i patch roms on my Cellphone?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2017
    Problems with ups

I've been trying to patch pokemon ruby destiny games and pokemon sinnoh legacy with tsukyomi ups to play them but they are saying invalid checksum and I looked into it only to find stuff about it's an unclean rom but I got a clean copy and it still gives me the same issue can somebody help me.

P.S this occurs with both version of pokemon ruby that i have and a pokemon firered copy

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2016
    I dont know where the rom goes or how to get to it

I am new to this and I am trying to download a rom onto my phone but once I hit download were does the rom go and how do I get to it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2016
    It should go to folder called download if its anything like mine (not an iphone 6plus) . if u download to external sd (this worked on multiple android phones that i try on however one of them i have not tested was iphone 6plus wich i dont know if android os or not) exit some folders )wich are open atomatikly for some reason) until you end up in a folder wich contains a folder mnt and multiple other folders open up folder mnt it should have two folders in it one labled external_sd the other one is not important for this tutorial open folder external sd and it should be in a .zip file right there done end of tutorial

Last edited:

COOLTRAINER♂

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    The iPhone doesn't have Android, an accessible file system or an SD card so none of that is relevant.

Depending on the emulator you're using you can often drag files into that app's storage in iTunes, or install Dropbox and save your ROMs to there for other apps to access.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2021
    I recently tried to play a pokémon fangame (Heiwa), but as soon as I go outside of my house a lot of the tiles are messed up. I can't go in houses (I know where they are, the problem is that the houses consist of wrong tiles). Normally I should have a clean FR Rom, seeing that a friend of mine has used that one for ages now. I'm actually not really sure if this is a patching error or an error on behalf of the Heiwa creator.

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I recently tried to play a pokémon fangame (Heiwa), but as soon as I go outside of my house a lot of the tiles are messed up. I can't go in houses (I know where they are, the problem is that the houses consist of wrong tiles). Normally I should have a clean FR Rom, seeing that a friend of mine has used that one for ages now. I'm actually not really sure if this is a patching error or an error on behalf of the Heiwa creator.

All hacks are created to be patched on a clean copy of a ROM.
    Try to find a new FR rom and repatch.
    Make a copy of the clean rom too, so you don't destroy it.

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
    Years
  • R4 on 3DS

Hey,

I start off by saying: I'm deeply sorry if this isn't allowed here, but I haven't seen any reference to R4 in the rules. If this isn't allowed, I'm deeply sorry.

I just bought a 3DS, mainly because of Pokemon of course (god... I'm starting to get addicted again) but of course I'd love to play other games as well. Now, I started thinking about getting an R4 just like I had for my DS lite.

I heard an R4 can brick your 3DS and OF COURSE I don't want that to happen. My question is: is it safe to use an R4 on a 3DS and what do I have to be aware off? Can I put 3DS games on it? And can I still make use of online services (for example, if I would put Omega Ruby on it, could I still trade, battle etc. online)? And could I still play my 'normal game cards'?

I'm very careful with this so I'd love somebody to give me an answer. If this isn't allowed but you know the answer you can also PM me. Thanks in advance. Again, I'm sorry if this isn't allowed.

COOLTRAINER♂

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    Flashcarts will not damage your system but old DS flashcarts will not play 3DS games, and the majority of flashcarts won't work on an up-to-date 3DS if you haven't already installed a means to run homebrew.

Back