• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

IcePyro

I'll just not say anything
Years
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! _Prince_ is in! It would be a bit of a downer if you weren't in, but it's what World King said. A princeless tourney wouldn't be as fun.

As originally Posted by lucaslucario

Darn, that is one big gang of Americans...

Yeah...I know.

Hey Zam, it looks like you're the winner of the Little Cup unless anyone else joins.

Unrelenting0

Revived Phoenix
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2010
Yet again, because my name isn't on the list, I'll say it again.

I'd like to sign my paranoid self up for the American Tourney.

Loto

Fear Nuckle!
Years
Yet again, because my name isn't on the list, I'll say it again.

I'd like to sign my paranoid self up for the American Tourney.

Well...stop spamming it? Zam hasn't posted nor seen it yet so obviously your not gonna be on the list yet. Zam will check all new posts that he hasn't seen once he looks at the topic so don't worry about it.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Well...stop spamming it? Zam hasn't posted nor seen it yet so obviously your not gonna be on the list yet. Zam will check all new posts that he hasn't seen once he looks at the topic so don't worry about it.
What he said. I've only forgotten someone if you notice I added someone who registered after you, XD. Which I believe only happened twice since this thing started two and a half years ago. XD

That said, the first post is updated now. ^^

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2009
Because when it comes to hacked pokemon, it's very possible to, say, push the stats a LITTLE past the maximums, and it would as first glance look legit if the advantage is small enough. And nobody is willing to check the stats of each and every pokemon (that's 12 per battle to check), to see if all the stats conform to the accepted maximums. (bieng 31 IV + 252 EVs + Beneficial Nature). And since there are 6 stats to check per pokemon, that amounts to 72 checks per battle, which is most certainly a pain in the $$%#. That is a reason I'd see, anyways. I don't actually know for sure.

But that scenario seems quite likely to me. No hacks, so nobody has to worry about stat checking. Just because you trust every single human being doesn't mean there isn't just ONE person willing to play a little beneath the belt to come out on top.
This is what happens when you think alot guys...is this a good thing?

But, it is completely possible to hack a Pokemon that looks EXACTLY like a legit one. How would you deal with that? And if people don't stat check, people can enter with hacks too.

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
Years
It's just like the hack check against me previously. It was believed that my Luxray had an above normal special attack. Mine wasn't hacked, but it would be hard to recognize something like that and someone who had raised their special attack a little so thunder could ko a vaporeon.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
Keep in mind that we're also still waiting for Tourney #8 to finish. xD

*pokes Mukkamoto and MasterUmbreon*

IcePyro

I'll just not say anything
Years
Originally Posted By Glass Walker

But, it is completely possible to hack a Pokemon that looks EXACTLY like a legit one. How would you deal with that? And if people don't stat check, people can enter with hacks too.

If it looks, acts, and has the same stats as a normal pokemon, then it wouldn't count against you. It's not like you're adding an advantage for yourself. Say you had a Starmie at level 100 with 361 Speed Stat. This would mean 31 IVs In Speed, 252 Speed Evs, and a helpful nature. This would mean that there is almost no possible way for them to outspeed you if you are facing another Starmie (they would either have to have the same stat as you, it would have to have been hacked, or they were using an item to boost speed (i.e. Quick Claw)). If the other Starmie outsped yours, it could be a coincidence that it had the same stat as you, or it could be the other two reasons.

I don't ever hack any of my pokemon because it's kind of like producing a factory made robot as opposed to training a normal pokemon, which is to me, more like producing a biological specimen. Plus, it takes waaaaaaaaaaaaay to long for me to hack =P

WARNING TO ANY UNFAIR HACKERS OUT THERE...WE WILL FIND YOU...

Back