• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC WiFi Tournament

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Can I register?

I'll be playing in 5th Generation.
    My FC is 1893-1219-1890 and I'm in the Australian Time Zone :)

Of course! Anyone can join this tournament before April 30.

Remember, tournament starts in April 30, 2011! ^^

Doubles

Fire Angel Dragon Thing...:3
    Years
  • Cool this might be my first tournement plus I would just love to try some of new pokemon... if I need this (North America East) (Fifth Gen) (Pokemon White). And is it ok if some of my pokemon are lvl 50?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Yep, it's about time I get those pairings up, eh? Well, unfortunately, I've had to DQ several people for not responding to my PM, which means that, not counting the three who get a free pass to Round Two, we only have six people starting off the Fourth Gen Tournament. And here they are:

Tournament 14 Pairings

Round One 4th Gen

Dark sandslash VS Lazn

Dusknoirs VS Alakazam17

Radekal VS Mozarch4

Free Rounds: Kepov, wonjoon0330, CowboyBrianine

Normally I'd cancel the tournament under these conditions, but we still technically have more than eight people. Though this turnout is making me believe that the Fourth Gen Tournies have become a thing of the past. Time for us to get into the new gen, I guess, eh? Which brings me to the next set of pairings, for those already using their new teams:

Tournament 14 Pairings

Round One 5th Gen

CowboyBrianine VS bigcj55

Venzeron VS OneofFour

PKMN Trainer Nick VS Doubles

Ooka VS TTC

Dusknoirs VS Charizard_Man

Jimmyray VS Mozarch4

BlyDX VS AleksanderU

Musica VS man

Impo VS FinalMaster

Free Round: wonjoon0330

And there you have it, folks! Good luck in your battles, and I hope you all have fun! Battle results are due in anytime before Saturday, May 14th, 2011. And with that...

COMMENCE! :D​

Years
  • Checking in to say I defeated Venzeron. There was a level problem, namely that flat battle limits the pokemon to three, along with enforcing atypical random matchup pokemon bans and item clause, so I had a rather not negligible advantage.

This may be a source of problems for other battlers? Or did we not set up the rules properly? For reference, it was single battle, no restrictions (the only other choice is flat battle), no rules for items, pokemon, or... the other thing?, and wonder launcher on (both consented to).

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Checking in to say I defeated Venzeron. There was a level problem, namely that flat battle limits the pokemon to three, along with enforcing atypical random matchup pokemon bans and item clause, so I had a rather not negligible advantage.

This may be a source of problems for other battlers? Or did we not set up the rules properly? For reference, it was single battle, no restrictions (the only other choice is flat battle), no rules for items, pokemon, or... the other thing?, and wonder launcher on (both consented to).

PC WiFi Tournament follows Smogon's standard rule for both Gen 4 & Gen 5, which means level issue doesn't matter, but you guys broke the clause by turning on the wonder launcher.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    I beat Dark Slandslash 5-3 (he ran) for Round 1 of the 4th Gen PC Wifi Tournament.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2012
    I beat Dark Sandslash. Unfortunately, it seems like he's unwilling to admit it here. If you look on my page, however, you can see that he has made a few angry VM's expressing his anger towards my team just because it was better made than his.

Would it be logical for someone who won to be so angry that he would attack me for "stealing a team from top smogon battlers"? I think not.

Years
  • PC WiFi Tournament follows Smogon's standard rule for both Gen 4 & Gen 5, which means level issue doesn't matter, but you guys broke the clause by turning on the wonder launcher.

Ah, if that is the case, we can battle again, though I think the outcome will be very much the same. It was not used, and the level difference really made this not a battle of strategy.

I don't know why Verenzon hasn't posted here yet, I asked him in a PM to confirm in this thread. I think he feels that due to the level advantage, the battle was unfair, and I fear he wouldn't accept the results were we to replay it again anyways.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Ah, if that is the case, we can battle again, though I think the outcome will be very much the same. It was not used, and the level difference really made this not a battle of strategy.

I don't know why Verenzon hasn't posted here yet, I asked him in a PM to confirm in this thread. I think he feels that due to the level advantage, the battle was unfair, and I fear he wouldn't accept the results were we to replay it again anyways.

It doesn't matter. Him not replying is same as admitting that he lost to you.
    Unless he posts and saying that you didn't beat him, it should be fine.
    You probably don't have to battle him again, since you'll beat him anyway.

This tournament isn't meant for people with in-game team to participate, at least not to win. If Verenzon have bunch of lower level Pokemon, it probably means none of his Pokemon are IV'd nor EV trained properly. Which means, even if someone rare candies his Pokemon to Lv.100, if you have IV'd & EV trained team, it should still be an easy win for you, so I don't see need for you to battle Verenzon again, unless Alakazam17 want you to battle him again.

Last edited:
    Back