• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga PC's Favourite Anime: Part Three - Comedy

Years
  • PC's Favourite Anime: Part Three

Welcome to Anime & Manga's newest project! The idea here is simple enough. We're looking to create a long term recommendation gallery featuring the PokeCommunity's favourite series.

Each week, until the project's end, we'll be asking you to list up to ten of your personal favourite anime series in the given genre (don't worry if they also appear in subsequent lists). At the end of the week, we'll take down every series mentioned here to later be placed into the recommendation gallery. Of course, you're welcome to discuss each others' lists here also.

As the title suggests, for this week we're asking for up to ten of your favourite comedy!
    Here is the schedule for the project!

- Week One: Action & Adventure
    - Week Two: Drama & Romance
    - Week Three: Comedy
    - Week Four: Thriller & Horror
    - Week Five: Slice of Life
    - Week Six: Isekai
    - Week Seven: Compilation Thread Posted!

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    1. Gintama
    2. Carnival Phantasm
    3. Hinamatsuri
    4. KonoBi
    5. Konosuba
    6. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
    7. WotaKoi
    8. Joshikousei no Mudazukai
    9. Non Non Biyori
    10. Aggretsuko

I decided to list anime by how much I like them as a comedy show, rather than how much I like the show overall. For example, Carnival Phantasm would've been in front of Gintama otherwise.

pkmin3033

...that is all. I've never really watched any other anime I'd consider to be just comedy, and the MAL list has FMA Brotherhood on there, so yeah, none too reliable there.

Years
  • I don't watch a lot of comedy honestly, but let's see. Descending order again.

1. Mawaru Penguindrum (Somehow this manages to be a comedy, a supernatural mystery and a drama all equally and all at once.)
    2. Toradora!
    3. Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
    4. O Maidens in Your Savage Season
    5. Mob Psycho 100
    6. Zombieland Saga
    7. Azumanga Daioh
    8. Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid
    9. Lovely Complex
    10. My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    1. Little Busters
    2. Angel Beats!
    3. Oushitsu Kyoushi Heine (The Royal Tutor)
    4. Ouran Koukou host club

Nidoking 77

Nidoking Aficionado
    Years
  • I guess they're not "strictly" comedies as they have a fair bit of action, but I think they have a fair bit of comedic content. At the very least, I laughed lol

SunflowerLady

❤Dog Lover🔆 🥴
    Years
  • 1.SKET Dance
    2.Daily Lives of High School Boys
    3.Arakawa Under the Bridge
    4.My Bride is a Mermaid
    5.Detroit Metal City
    6.Gintama
    7.My Ordinary Life
    8.Minami-ke
    9.The Devil Is a Part-Timer
    10.Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto

Years
  • On to the next week! It appears as though the overall favourite comedy was Gintama. What was particularly interesting this week was that there was very little overlap between everyone's favourites. Goes to show you how subjective comedy can be.

Back