• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Personal Life: Your Redeeming and... well, Not-so-Redeeming Qualities.

SpeedXaaa

Uses XD too much...
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    I just thought of this today, after having yet another one of "those days..." those days where you're all mood-swingy, and half of the time you feel like the world doesn't care, the world hates you, etc.... Well, at least I do... I'm just like that.

What do you believe are your reedeeming and not-so-redeeming qualities; and why (second part is optionable)?

Stuff that I hate about myself and am not so proud of myself about include...
    • That I'm shy most of the time; or at least at school. I'm not quite all that shy in general, but yeah... I sorta have a two-faced personality; though I know just how much it can hurt to be shy at times....
    • I can be pretty quiet and withdrawn. Once again, this is mainly at school and/or around a crowd I either feel uncomfortable with or just don't know.
    • I have a low base self-esteem. This is a major issue... when in the right mood, I can nitpick out every little thing wrong with me that are things apparently only I see; and then I get all depressed start to have slightly suicidal thoughts.... Just trust me. When I'm in the right mood, I can list off SO much crap that's "wrong" with me.
    • (One of those examples include) The fact that no guy will ever like me. I mean, seriously. This has more to do with my self-esteem, but yeah.... All my friends say I'm cute and pretty and have an "adorable" personality and whatnot, and I beg to differ. I swear, if there's any guy that likes me, there's something wrong with their head. What's TO like about me...? Nothing. My friend today was saying how she felt the same way when SHE was a Freshman (she's a Sophomore, now...), but... yeah.
      Even though I have a hard time thinking up redeeming qualities, I DO have some... some people say there's something wrong with THEM, but I still beg to differ. I'm hopeless.
    • My confidence can lower quite easily. I think I've already explained that.
    • I have a short temper, mostly with my parents. I. Swear. To. GAWD they're so annoying! It's not MY fault. I'm usually pretty level-headed, but if you get on my nerves badly enough... oh geez. Things don't get too nasty, but they can. I'm the type that will usually take it out on someone else, sorta; doesn't matter in WHICH way, though. I'm just irritated QUITE easily - I'm even annoyed by my mom's fatness, needless to mention how whiny and childish she acts. She has the maturity level of a five-year-old... and gets away with it. Just WTH is that?!
    • I tend to be quite busy at times....
    • Oh, and I'm pretty paranoid at times....
    • At times, I can be quite the procrastinator. It just depends. D:
    • I can be whiny and complain when I want to.

It's amazing how I can think up redeeming qualities about myself, but...
    • I generally have a happy, bubbly personality. Just as long as I'm around my friends, not my retard-ish parents.
    • When I'm happy, I'm pretty happy... yeah.
    • I enjoy helping out people when I can. NOT JUST from "human nature," but from my own decisions. Thanks, twocows, for pointing that out (I was rushing a little bit last night...). XD
    • I'm usually a bit calm and somewhat level-headed.
    • I try my best to be as kind to people as I can, though one way you know that I don't like someone and am just trying to be kind is when I basically refuse to look them in the eye and etc....
    • I have a rather strong sense of common sense and basic logic, basically meaning that I try to be as reasonable and rational about situations as I can.
    • I try my best to listen to others, and I personally think I do quite well at it. :]
    • Oh, I have quite a bit of physical strenth, too. I'm a lot stronger than I look... I personally think I'm fat, but everyone else tells me it's muscle.
    • I try to be as honest as I can, though I will lie when I feel it be neccessary.
    • I usually TRY to stay out of others' conflicts, but will get involved if it concerns/has to do with myself or if someone on either side (or both) of the conflict needs help.
    Umm... it's not surprising, but I actually can't think of anything else right now.

What about everyone else?

edit: other's posts triggered my brain, so I've got more up. XD Sorry. *shot down*

Last edited:

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Here's some of the stuffz about me. Yes, I meant to spell stuff like that.

My relatively good traits (only because I like to start with the good things):
    -I try to help people when I can.
    -I'm very nice (but some people call me intimidating..)
    -I have high tolerance for annoying people.

My not-so-good traits:
    -I, too, have a fairly low self-esteem. But not that low.
    -I'm really quiet and shy.
    -Sometimes I try too hard to help people.
    -I can be a bit awkward to be around. Seriously, when people put me in a weird position.. it's really awkward.
    -I sometimes worry too much about what people think about me.

Years
    Ok, well:

> I have a short temper when someone is trying to tell me something that I already know!
    Just like, when someone clearly doesn't know what they are on about, but they still try to tell me otherwise. It annoys me. If they are right, I will accept that and not get angry, but when I know what I am on about, it is just annoying.

> I am lazy
    A bad thing, I have low drive at times.

I have more, but they don't strike me at this moment in time.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    My decent traits;
    ~ I try to be a peacemaker
    ~ I consider myself a good friend (to an extent at least)
    ~ I like to help others out (usually xD)
    ~ I try to have a sense of humour

My not so decent traits;
    ~ I can be extremely stubborn
    ~ I have a hard time telling when I'm using my inside voice
    ~ I'm extremely awkward.. though hilarity ensues, so its not horrible
    ~ I tend to be lazy
    ~ I have very low tolerance towards people who annoy me D:

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    I've had a fairly bad day, so I'll try to keep this clean.

The Good:

I have a work ethic

People either love me or hate me for having that, but I get finished a lot faster then the people whining about how much work they have.

A Good Listener
    People (especially the girls in my grade) seem to have 'confessions' with me about the most random stuff.

Smart
    Again, people seem to love and hate this trait. Ironically, I don't consider myself very intelligent, as my cousins were honor roll students through middle and high school, as opposed to my B average self.

The Bad

Mental Issues
    I was sent to (ie forced to go) to a private school by my parents, who also managed to con my dear old grandmother into shelling out the money for that worthless institution. Coming in, I made as many friends as I could, relying on my comedic talents to gain an audience, and before I knew it, everyone in my grade was my friend. They all stabbed me in the back when my beloved grandfather died, however, and then bullied me until I got kicked out in my freshman year. Needless to say, my mind has suffered, and I undergo frequent random depressions.

Hardass Stance
    What with the 4 1/2 years of constant bullying, I became very resilient and anti-social, something that people don't seem to get.

Short Temper
    I have a very short temper, and it becomes even shorter once you throw in all the stupid and incompetent people who populate high schools nationwide.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    The Good:

Im intelligent. And Im nice when I wanna be

Never hit girls

Im loyal, I guess

The Bad:

Im one devious devil. Ill pull pranks anywhere, anytime.

I procrastinate to much

Ialways do a wrestling move to my friends whenever possible

I can never focus. :P

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Desirables: -Im very intelligent
    -Im a sexy beast
    -Im usually nice to everyone
    -Im physically strong, and more or less athletic
    -I can pretty much do anything if I apply myself

Undesirables: - I get panic attacks:C
    -Im kinda lunie (but im self aware so meh..)
    -I complain alot about my high anxiety levels
    -Im basically a broke Woody Allen.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    Crappy Traits-
    Blunt
    low-self esteem
    likes kicking butt
    can't run
    doesn't care about school
    Thinks to much
    Looks
    Strong willed
    Fights for what I think is right
    Sleeps to much
    Short
    Good Traits-
    Blunt
    Doesn't care about school
    Fights for what I think is right
    Stands up for others
    Creative
    Thinks to much
    Strong willed
    good actress
    good dancer
    Short

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Pros:
    Attractive
    Knowledgeable
    Honest
    Often eager to help others
    Artistically capable
    Extensive imagination
    Practically-minded
    Realistic
    Good with animals
    Decisive
    Patient

Cons:
    Introvertial; Untrusting
    Asexual
    Belligerent; Sanguinary
    Inattentive
    Unloving; apathetic
    Lazy
    Fascist/far-right political stance
    Relatively unclean
    Talk to self
    Forgetful
    Selfish

I like all my traits, naturally since it's me, but I've done what I can to place them into categories based on what others would generally deem the them to be.

I've just realised how good this site is at extorting information from me, I wouldn't even make this list for MySpace...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    Pros:
    Attractive
    Knowledgeable
    Honest
    Often eager to help others
    Artistically capable
    Practically-minded
    Realistic
    Good with animals

Cons:
    Introvertial; Untrusting
    Asexual
    Belligerent; Sanguinary
    Inattentive
    Unloving; apathetic
    Lazy
    Fascist/far-right political stance
    Relatively unclean
    Talk to self

I like all my traits, naturally since it's me, but I've done what I can to place them into categories based on what others would generally deem the them to be.

That's true about asexuality; even more so than homosexuality, people just don't get it. They assume every one has the same desires as they do, when in reality, everyone is different (though asexuality is definitely rare).

Last edited:

devilicious

dream
    Years
    Qualities (or so I've been told):
    Optimist (sometimes too much for my own sake)
    Honest/Blunt
    Direct/Straight-to-the-point
    Good Listener
    Fairly Attractive
    Always eager to help those in need
    Natural joker/fun-maker (my puns are awesome, I tell you)
    Pretty good amount of self-confidence
    High tolerance and patience

Not Qualities:
    Obsessive
    Apathic
    Stalker habits
    Occasionally selfish
    Lazy (when it comes to schoolwork lol)
    Sense of humor can be offensive sometimes
    Undecisive

SpeedXaaa

Uses XD too much...
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 10, 2016
    I would personally believe asexuality would suck. But that's just me. D8
    Sorry. Getting a little off, here; please ignore. XP

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I would personally believe asexuality would suck. But that's just me. D8
    Sorry. Getting a little off, here; please ignore. XP
    We're now discussing a mentioned trait; that's not off-topic in a thread about personal traits. That said though, it's best we not dwell on sexuality for long.
    Asexuals don't feel left out, we are (perhaps in a broad sense — I can't speak for everyone) simply of the opinion that we could be off doing better things.

Last edited:

Nemaru

nah
    Years
    Good Qualities
    I have a good personality
    I'm outgoing
    I'm intelligent (According to 95% of people I know. not including me)
    I have an insane imagination
    I'm unaffected by what people's opinions of me are (In other words, resistant to peer pressure.)
    I'm athletic
    I'm brave (I guess...x-x)
    I stand up for what I believe
    I can completely isolate myself from all emotion
    I'm strong
    I'm skinny
    I'm fast
    I'm not afraid to be myself

Bad Qualities
    I take things too far
    I get involved with things I shouldn't
    I think my "friends" are probably the wrong people to associate with.
    I remember stupid little things but forget important stuff
    I'm easily offended (If someone tells me to "shut up" or anything like that I feel sad, embarrassed and like an annoying 9 year old.)
    I pick fights
    I'm very lazy
    I want to get good grades in school but I never actually try
    My mom is an insane weirdo.
    I eat more junk food than healthy food

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I originally responded to every one of your posts individually; took me over 2 hours to write. A very effective way of putting off studying for my trig final, I might add.

A few things I thought I'd mention:
    1. A lot of you seem to act like procrastination is a bad thing. Why should it be? There are more important things to do than busywork, like enjoying the short time we have.
    2. "Never hit girls" struck me as funny (and a bit sexist). Men and women both need a bit of face-punching from time to time. I saw a group of girls picking on some nerdy-looking fat girl back in high school, so I OHKO'd the leader-girl with my textbook. Protip: if you get out of there fast enough, you won't get in trouble.
    3. Someone said "good with animals." I'm good with animals, too -- when they're on my plate and lightly breaded.
    4. As for asexuality, I just don't care. Who you like (or, in this case, don't like) isn't my concern. Personally, I wouldn't care so much about losing my sex drive, but I'd rather not lose my penchant for romance, which is vaguely related.
    5. And for everyone that thinks "helping others" is a good quality... well, you're half right. It's human nature, really. If you were to see someone drowning, and you had a life preserver handy, you'd have to be some sort of sociopath to keep it to yourself. Still, people these days are such jerks, a fair few of them would charge the guy for using the life preserver after saving him. It's a tough world and it's always pleasant when someone's nice, I suppose.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'll a name a few..

That right there should tell you that one of my bad qualities is being lazy. xD;

Good Qualities -

Nice
    Funny
    Pretty enough
    Intelligent
    Wise (or so I've been told.. o_O)
    Not afraid to be myself
    NEVER gotten into a fight with anyone
    Peer pressure has never bothered me
    Outgoing (on rare occasions, when hyper)

Bad Qualities -

Shy
    Quiet alot of the time
    Fairly anti-social
    Not fond of hanging out in a large group of people
    I put things off, and when pressured I'm even worse about it.
    & I have a tendency to block things out.

There, huzzah.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I just thought of this today, after having yet another one of "those days..." those days where you're all mood-swingy, and half of the time you feel like the world doesn't care, the world hates you, etc.... Well, at least I do... I'm just like that.

I have those days...A lot =/

Well...Here goes nothing:

- I think I'm an honest person.
    - I'm fairly intellectual and intelligent.
    - I like to keep healthy and stay active.
    - I definitely look for a good personality first, looks come second.
    - I'm fairly athletic
    - I usually try to avoid conflicts as much as I can.
    - I'm pretty musical, I play the guitar quite well.
    - I have some pretty cool (albeit not very useful) talents, like juggling and solving Rubik's Cubes and stuff.
    - I have a pretty vivid imagination.
    - I'm generally a pretty "nice" person. Nice is way too general =/
    - I'm good at accepting other people's opinions.

And now the bad stuff:

- I'm usually pretty anti-social when it comes to interacting with new people.
    - Some people's quirks annoy me to no end, and I usually won't say anything about it, and I'll just stay mad =P
    - I'm quite shy, especially if I like someone. I just keep mulling things over in my head and don't usually say anything or make my feelings known.
    - In the past I haven't really stood up for myself much, but I'm getting better at that.
    - I don't really push myself much, especially when it comes to school.
    - I personally don't think I'm that good looking, but my opinion doesn't really matter there XD
    - I get these random short bursts of depressions sometimes set off by random things.

There's probably more, but that's all I can think of right now. I do, however, think my good qualities outweigh the bad.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    Good Qualities
    - I haz good grammar.
    - I'm accepting.
    - I'm optimistic.
    - I like pie (That has to count? Right?).
    - I'm generous.

Bad Qualities
    - I procrastinate.
    - I can be loud and rude when annoyed.
    - I can be a grammar Nazi without thinking about it.
    - I'm forgetful.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Good Qualities
    Half the people I know would disagree with me on some of these, but gtfo.

- I guess I'm pretty athletic.
    - I'm straight to the point, almost redundant. ;-;
    - Humorous to some degree.
    - Healthy.
    - Imaginative (SUNSHINE PENGUIN RIDING A RAINBOW HIPPO!!!)
    - Generally friendly, if you don't p me off. Or when I'm not p'd off.
    - ...Attractive according to a variety of people.

'Hole' Qualities

- Half the time, I'm a complete ass.
    - Stupid bordering on dumb.
    - Ignorant.
    - Accusative.
    - Anti-social half the time.
    - I don't like to branch out when it comes hobbies.
    - Lack of empathy/sympathy and general caring makes me seem like a robot.
    - Incredibly intolerant.
    - I tend to be a prissy brat more often than not.
    - I get angry easily.

Oh thats one big list.

Back