• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pet Peeves

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    • Checkpoints not being adjacent to boss zones. Bonus points for placing an unskippable cutscene between the two locations.
    • Pitiful size of manuals (and where did those huge boxes for PC games go?).
    • AI cheating.
    • Tryhards.
    • DRM.

Last edited:

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
    Pitiful size of manuals (and where did those huge boxes for PC games go?).
    I know right?
    I wouldn't even refer to the current game manuals included with the game as true manuals because they usually only show the pointless system you're playing on what the controller looks like (you know just in case you forgot what console you bought) and the HUD. I miss the old days when there would be a short story to read to get you up to speed on the plot, info on characters, weapons, items, etc. as well as a few hints and tips. And those huge boxes for PC games? How about any box! A lot of media is digital these days and unlike console and even handheld games, PC games are almost entirely only available for download. Best Buy still has a surprisingly decent section, but when you see thousands of games on Steam you quickly realize that it's really not. It's not that I have anything against digital downloads as I have a bunch from Steam, it's that I like things to be simpler. For the games that I have the CD, I can always reinstall them without having to worry about having an internet connection,enough data left, or if the game was removed from the online store I'm purchasing it from. As long as I have an outlet to plug my laptop into and I keep my physical PC games safe, I will have them and be able to play them forever. Having a physical collection is cool too, same thing as people having bookshelves instead of a tablet on the counter.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    The overall atmosphere of both the setting and the supporting cast can make or break a game for me sometimes, take GTA 5 for example when I was giving it a test run solely because of my love for the past GTA installments like San Andreas and GTA 4 but even that could not convince me to tolerate what I currently believe to be the worst supporting cast and environment ever conceived in a video game and I stopped playing it altogether in less than a week in.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Design laziness, Cheating AI, amongst a whole lot of others. But by far, the worst thing ever are button mash events, god how I hate button mash events.

Back