• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Physical or Digital?

Years
    I almost always go physical, because while you can take digital copies with you anywhere and still have another game in your system, if something happens to your system it could get messy. D: Doesn't help that they can take up a lot of space on your hard drive.

But if there's a game that only goes digital, that's not to say I would never get it.

Years
    I prefer physical, as I think it feels like you actually have the game. Also, if something happens to the console that has all the games in it, you're screwed. (hypothetical, but it can happen)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I prefer physical, as I think it feels like you actually have the game. Also, if something happens to the console that has all the games in it, you're screwed. (hypothetical, but it can happen)
    Well, just Nintendo Systems. On every other system the games are tied to the account, and this is largely why there was (and still is) such a push for Nintendo to adopt an account based system.

One day, hopefully...

Years
    I prefer a hard copy but environmentally speaking, digital copies are better. Less space means less waste.
    If only I could adhere to that:/

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    I prefer physical copies. Just in case my console randomly dies, then my games wouldn't go down with it. Memory's an issue, too..BF3 patches take a heeeeap of memory, so I refrain from digital copies. The only digital game I have to this day is Little Big Planet (thank you PSN outage from ages ago).

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
    Years
    I prefer physical copies More, It gives me a feeling I really own something.
    I can put it on my desk Can show it to friends And stuff like that.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Physical. Always. I like actually owning the game and not having to worry about servers going down, losing my games if my system gets lost or stolen (hello Nintendo), or the other hazards of digital gaming. I like having a way to display my collection on my game shelf, and it's just something about having a physical box/disc/cartridge that gives more of a sense of ownership. Plus my internet sucks and it takes forever to download games, especially now that they're reaching tens of gigabytes.

PC games are a different story. Steam sales offer so much of a discount, and the service has proven itself to be reliable and trustworthy, so most of my PC collection is digital.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I prefer a physical copy. I like holding the game in my hand better than just having it on my 3DS memory card.

I never lose my games so I'm more afraid that the game will just not be there someday or I'll accidentally delete it. :c

Yukari

I'd rather have a physical copy of a game, even with PC games. Also I tend to keep up with my games, so losing a game really isn't a concern.

Back