• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    When someone tells you something new and surprising (or even just interesting), do you believe them straight away or do you require proof first? In either case, why?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    If I know this person as being trustworthy, I'll take their word for it. If I know them to make stuff up, I'd require proof.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Well, if I have no reason not to believe them, then I usually will. Unless it's just too crazy.

Briar

how do you make coffee sexy?
    Years
    it depends on how "new and surprising" this piece of information is, and from whom. if it's from someone who i can't take seriously, then i would obviously ask for proof.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    My answer is probably 'all the same' but with a twist; If it goes too much against reason, I don't believe it, no matter who the person is.

For example, if my brother shows up and tells me he saw an alien last night, I wouldn't believe him. He show me photographs. He shows me recordings. HE EVEN SHOWS ME A PIECE OF ALIEN CLOTHING. "No. Faaaake. Go away."

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I demand proof before I believe things, because people have tried to troll me too often in the past lol.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    i'm not gullible, but i'm not interrogating them about whatever they claim. i'm pretty open minded and the world is a mysterious place. if someone tells me they saw a ghost, i'd be more inclined to know the details of what went on than anything else. even if they're making it up, i really wouldn't mind all that much. very creative of them and something i respect!

Years
    If I don't have any need for proof (which is probably 95% of the time) I'm not going to ask for any and I'll just accept it. It's likely not something that's really going to affect me in a drastic way anyway, and if it does I'm only going to ask for more information so I better understand what's going on and not to make sure it's the truth.

The above doesn't apply to debates and things like that though. Then I want to have facts, numbers, documentation, and all that jazz.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Depends on how important it is, if it's just a dumb story I might think "hmmm that probably didnt happen ololl" but won't think too deeply about it, it's probably still entertaining

if it's a serious accusation I'll be like ***** PLZ, WHERES PROOF

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Uh, I'm quite a good judge of character to be honest, or so I'm told. But I'll belive someone if I know they're very trustworthy. But I don't really blurt of GIVE ME PROOF. If I don't belive them, I'll just say so. If they want to give me proof then and it's solid, obviously I'll belive them.

Though you know what, I remember when I pulled out a full art Zekrom card out of my first Black and White booster pack, I told my friend and he didn't belive me, ended up taking a picture and he still didn't belive me, told me to make a youtube video. I obviously didn't bother.​

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Depends on who it is. Though these days I'm extremely skeptical of anything, if they received something good in a package or something, well then good for them. I'm not really one to spaz or something to most people. There are a few exceptions, but so very few.

Information on the other hand I basically want to see where they got the information, either because I just want to see it for myself or I don't believe them and I want to see proof of it. Again, it depends on who it is. If it's my sister I tend to just want to see it as well, but with someone who I'm not so close with I want to see the proof of it, especially if it's something important that I care about. If they're giving me information that I care less about I'll just go 'Oh, that's cool!' or something, because I wouldn't really care whether or not it's actually true or not... if that makes sense.

I don't know. I'm really everywhere when it comes to information and believing people these days. There are some who I trust, and there are some who I won't trust as much; usually those people are those who have told me invalid or things that aren't the truth.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    It depends what happened. But if it was something crazy--pics or it didn't happen.
    I'm not that gullible, oh and it also depends on the person. If it was an honest person or someone I can trust then I would probably believe them... maybe.

Years

It's too much effort to demand proof for every damn thing. If I keep paying 2000 everytime someone could potentially deceive me, I'll lose all my life points in no time at all! I will usually believe people I consider to be my friends without much doubt. But sometimes these so called friends can deceive me.

Spoiler:

Anyway, the key is to know when to use the negation and when to hold back on it.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    If it's a friend I'm listening to, I'll always believe them right off the bat. If it's someone I've just met, I'll feign belief anyway because demanding proof outright would probably cause a scene. It's not like I'm dying to catch anyone in the act; unless it's a claim that involves me or my friends, I couldn't care less about whether you're lying or not.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020

It's too much effort to demand proof for every damn thing. If I keep paying 2000 everytime someone could potentially deceive me, I'll lose all my life points in no time at all! I will usually believe people I consider to be my friends without much doubt. But sometimes these so called friends can deceive me.

Spoiler:

Anyway, the key is to know when to use the negation and when to hold back on it.

Oh god this is funny. I'm sorry Drakow LOL.

Anyway sometimes I'm gullible but for me it depends on the person who tells me something, and obviously what they are telling me. But I think that if my best friend would tell me something and he was serious about it, even if it'd sound ridiculous - I'd believe him, so it's really more about the person telling me.

Back