• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Picture Thread

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
Years
  • I suggest that the thread be restarted, as the first pages of the current one are full of dead attachments, and every now and then someone shows up and goes "The attachements are all dead >_<"

It's kinda annoying.

[/end suggestion]

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    At my old board, they had a MotM style setup. A picture thread, and a discussion thread. Made it easy to prune dead attachments and links. Might be something to consider, though it'd require two more stickies. ._.

aRedMoon

Years
  • :/ That seems like... more of a waste than anything. ~_~;

One thread works... and we know from experience that discussion threads work wonderfully.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Yeah yeah. Still though, in theory, if you were looking to see if a particular person had posted a picture, it's easier than fishing through 45 pages of posts, some of which don't even have a single pic on them. =\

aRedMoon

Years
  • That's true... but who would be there to enforce it...?

And would people update their first post with new pics, or make a new post?

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    How it worked at PSOW was anybody could make a pic post, in reply to the pic topic. We could state on the first post nay non pic threads in the pic thread would just be deleted. Then people could discuss em in the other. I Suppose we could lock it and have mods add them, but that seems a bit too much.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
  • That's a freaking good idea...the new pic thread is cluttered with spam and the occasional pic...but is it meritable enough to be stickied?...I mildy think so...

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • I gets alot of posts so I think It coudl be stickied. And if we put a new one up everyone will be going to it agian and post pictures back up.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Then people wouldn't notice the discussion thread at all. Not like they would if it were stickied anyway, but still. x_X; I think it works okay the way it is now. If people are looking for a specific person's picture, can't they just run a search on the thread?

aRedMoon

Years
  • Do people ever use the Search anyways? X.x

And with a link in the first post of the stickied topic, I think people might get that they're supposed to go to the discussion thread. :/

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • PokeVillage said:
    what have pokemon become today
    And I though you left PC -_-;;;.
    Can't you got to any forum without spamming?

Anyway the attachements are old and is just taking up space on the sever so they should be cleaned. I think it would be best if a new thread was started.

aRedMoon

Years
  • ...they aren't taking any space, they don't exist period. ~_~

...and if there is a new thread, can I make it? :D

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Lightning said:
    Then people wouldn't notice the discussion thread at all. Not like they would if it were stickied anyway, but still. x_X; I think it works okay the way it is now. If people are looking for a specific person's picture, can't they just run a search on the thread?
    Yeah, but it's just kinda nice to browse the thread and stumble upon pics of people you might not have thought of otherwise. ^_^;

I still think two would be best, maybe with a big bold TALK ABOUT PICS IN THIS THREAD *link* then only sticky the actual pics. Meh.

HoundoomTrainer

Me>You?
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 9, 2006
    It's funny how you want to make a new Picture Thread, yet this is already full of SPAM.

:D

-HT

Back