• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pink clothing Sun exclusive?

Years
    I found it strange in my Pokemon Moon game that while I could buy blue clothes, I could not buy pink clothes. I needed one of those pink dye stands in the Festival Plaza in order to get pink clothes, and it doesn't even cover hair accessories.

Now while I'm playing Sun, I can buy pink clothes but not blue, and the hair accessory I wanted in pink is available now to purchase!

I'm not sure why Gamefreak decided to do this, but I hope they never do it again. Why should a color be specific to one game and not the other? More choices are always better. And I really like pink. D: Matches my love for Sylveon.

Did anyone else notice this? Did it bother you?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I found it rather annoying too. There's no good reason for clothing colors to be version exclusive.

Years
    Ah yes, the annoying thing that is version-exclusive colours. It does infuriate me since it felt like a stupid idea on GF's part after X/Y which had all clothes available across both versions.

So basically, these are the colours and the version that has them.

Sun: Red, Orange, Yellow, Pink, Beige
    Moon: Green, Blue, Navy Blue, Purple, Gray

There are also other clothes that are specific to a certain version. To get the clothes from the other version, you'll have to interact with other players in Festival Plaza. Talk to a player who's the same gender as yours and you can buy one of their clothing items off them, or otherwise you can dye your clothes using the dye stands.

Back