• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pinnacle of the Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    ok Sil don't mean to be mean or anything but i think we should start before it dies just like biomergre did!

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Okay, guys. I haven't been able to get onto PC in a long time, and I'm afraid I'll have to close this roleplay.

It's because there's an issue with my computer at home (I'm typing this at my dad's, which I'm rarely at once a month) where I can't connect to Pokecommunity. I'm trying to get this fixed, but I think it's beyond my capability. :(

My friend (who is really good with computers) is thinking that there's an issue with my ISP, where my IP address is unable to connect with Pokecommunity's DNS (or something like that, I'm not good with that kind of stuff). But, whether it's the issue or not, I won't be able to get onto PC.

If I can get this issue fixed before January 17th (the time that the thread becomes "dead"), then I might be able to repost. But, I have no clue how long this is gonna take. :(

However, there is one option. If I can get to my grandparents every weekend, I'll be able to continue this RP. It just depends; do you guys want to be left independent during the weekdays while the roleplay is going?

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
    Okay, guys. I haven't been able to get onto PC in a long time, and I'm afraid I'll have to close this roleplay.

It's because there's an issue with my computer at home (I'm typing this at my dad's, which I'm rarely at once a month) where I can't connect to Pokecommunity. I'm trying to get this fixed, but I think it's beyond my capability. :(

My friend (who is really good with computers) is thinking that there's an issue with my ISP, where my IP address is unable to connect with Pokecommunity's DNS (or something like that, I'm not good with that kind of stuff). But, whether it's the issue or not, I won't be able to get onto PC.

If I can get this issue fixed before January 17th (the time that the thread becomes "dead"), then I might be able to repost. But, I have no clue how long this is gonna take. :(

However, there is one option. If I can get to my grandparents every weekend, I'll be able to continue this RP. It just depends; do you guys want to be left independent during the weekdays while the roleplay is going?

Well, this stinks. I was looking forward to this.

Lets see, I don't see any of the great, awesome RPers on this thread (Mika, Alter Ego, TotoMud, YoshiRiru), but I'm pretty familiar with RPing and stuff. Maybe I could help out and be mini-leader or something? First I've got to get my SU done...

Lucciola

Vibing with the music
    Years
    I can also help with continuing this role play if you like Silhouette cause like I.M I was looking forward to this game as I put a bit of effort into my character and have taken over other peoples' role plays before and or help them continue it while the're dealing with something else, though not on this forum but you get the idea. So if you can't get to your grandparents as often as you hope maybe me and I.M can team up and help this rp continue on, all you gotta do is give us a little info on how you'd like things to go or whatever plans you may have for this game

Silhouette

Years
    I am so relieved. After talking to Rukario, we got the issue fixed. I was so scared for a minute.

Everyone has the rest of today to finish sign-ups. I'll give until tomorrow, since PC was down for a day.

Silhouette

Years
    Izuna has a reservation. Right?

Not until Izuna posts... By the way, you might want to finish your sign-up, because I'm starting the roleplay. Don't worry, just because I'm starting the roleplay doesn't mean you're out. You might just get behind. Missions aren't starting until a while, though.

I'm making the first post right now. Can someone post in the OOC (not spam, of course) so we can start using that?

IC:

It was a warm, humid day, the sunlight glaring down from above. There were hardly any clouds in the sky. The Wingull hung lazily in the sky over the ocean, as if watching the calm water from below. On the beach by the water, a small Zigzagoon wandered to cool down. It dipped its paw in the salty water, but before anything else happened, a huge spout of water erupted, soaking the Zigzagoon. It sped off in a zigzag direction, having accomplished its goal, only a bit unexpectedly.

From the water emerged a person in a blue scuba suit. The person took their mask off, and set it down. He seemed to be a young man, not a child. Any person would guess that he was thirty years old. He had deep, maroon eyes, and somewhat long hair to match. He looked down at his watch, and gasped. He was late to his introduction. The clock read 11 o'clock AM, and he was supposed to be to Slateport by 10:30. He ripped off his scuba gear to reveal a black suit and tie. He tossed it in the briefcase by his motorcycle, and tossed the briefcase in the small compartment on the side. He hopped on and sped off toward the north, heading toward Slateport.

A few moments later, he arrived to the city harbor. His hair was jetted backward from being wet and riding the motorcycle. He saw a large crowd of highly-varied people; from children to old people, girls, guys, guitarists, and even a group of three people were doing street magic. He scanned the crowd, and saw a tall man in a suit like his and sunshades on. The man approached.

"Otis, where in the world have you been? These people have been waiting nearly an hour!" the other man said to Otis. Otis cringed, and tried to fix his hair. It didn't work, remaining jetted back. He gave up, and walked around this group of people. Otis was proud, though. These people all had something in common, despite their many differences; these were the best trainers in the land. As far north as Sinnoh, and south as Johto, these trainers were the one-hundred best trainers.

As he neared the small podium, he was met by the town mayor. The mayor had a frantic look on his face, but seemed relieved when he saw Otis. Otis nodded to him, and went to the podium. He tapped the microphone to make sure it worked, and surely enough, a thud echoed throughout the plaza. The crowd became silent, the hums of the guitars fading. Otis cleared his throat.

"Welcome, trainers! Today is your special day. I invite you to join me as I open up a new place that will test your skills as master Pokemon trainers like never before! I call this the Battle Frontier. A place with facilities that will measure every aspect of being a trainer. Now, that's enough spoiling the surprise, I want you to see for yourself," he said, shuffling his feet. He looked up at the sky.

"It's trainers like you that made my dream become reality. Now let me share with you my gratitude," he finished. He stepped down from the podium, and headed for the harbor.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    "It's trainers like you that made my dream become reality. Now let me share with you my gratitude," he finished. He stepped down from the podium, and headed for the harbor.

Rocky had nearly fallen asleep as he had been waiting for what seemed like forever until he heard a voice from someone named Otis
    "Well Blade shall we" as the Sceptile nodded his head in agreement and followed Rocky to the harbor.
    "well we're the first ones here so um Otis was it? how exactly are we getting to the battle frontier" as he stood there waiting for an answer.

Silhouette

Years
    Otis was walking slowly, with a 'guard' at either side of him. He put on his sunglasses, hoping to prevent the bright sunlight from harming his eyes. Just as he got them on, he heard a somewhat high-pitched voice from behind him. He turned around rapidly, seeing a young boy. He flipped his sunglasses into his hands, and listened.

"Well, we're the first ones here so, um.. Otis was it? How exactly are we getting to the Battle Frontier?" he asked. Otis looked around, curiosity filling his eyes. He modestly looked down to the young boy.

"We're taking a luxury cruise out past Pacifilog, which will take about two days," Otis said, his voice trailing off. He noticed the big group of trainers on their way, so he hurriedly cut off his conversation with Rocky. He walked to the large building, slipping his sunglasses into his pocket. In this building, a large pool of water was stationed in the center, with a gigantic ship in it. The water exited to the left of the room, where sunlight poured in from. Otis smiled. He bought this ship with his own money some five years ago, and his dream was to allow the world's best trainers to enjoy its luxury atmosphere.

He waited by the entrance of the boat, allowing all of the trainers to get on before he did. A number of trainers stopped to shake his hand in greeting. Otis's dream was nearly complete. He just needed to get to the frontier.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    "sweet"Rocky had said before running in the boat
    "oh one more thing where do we sleep?" he said to the man who obviously was thinking of something.
    "like where is my room?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back