• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pinnacle of the Final Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • OOC: Um, I don't mean to be mean Blastoking but you should probably put more than 3 lines, in-case a moderator comes along.

Alice stepped onto the beach, eyes narrowed under the glare of the sun. She raised a hand to cover her face as she scanned the port and catching sight of the boat. Trainers were streaming onto it, pokemon on their shoulders, by their feet. Glaceon, whom was padding softly behind her grunted at the heat.

Alice picked her up and continued onto the boat, sidestepping most of the Pokemon who accidentally wandered under her, like the Paras which pinched her leg painfully. The boat wasn't particularly fancy or anything of the sort for an amazing occasion but she didn't mind.

Taking notice of the fact she had no idea what so ever of her room number, she turned back to ask the man wearing a suit whom was talking to a boy with a Sceptile.

"Excuse me, but which is my room?"

Lucciola

Vibing with the music
    Years
  • Lindsay had listened to the minor speech and was about to pile onto the boat with everyone else when he spotted two young trainers asking about where their rooms were so out of curiosity he waited to see the answer, even though he wouldn't really need a room because he'd be glad to sleep on deck with his pokemon and the night sky "You know, I doubt this guy knows where your rooms are, why not try the staff on board the ship instead" commented Lindsay towards the young girl and boy.

While he was doing so his Flareon down by his legs glaring at the Glaceon that the girl was holding though Lindsay wasn't sure why but chalked it up to Flareon's usual serious nature or some kind of dislike of ice pokemon, but Espeon was curling up beside Lindsay as well but was instead watching all the people boarrding the ship as well as the ship itself almost wanting to wonder off and explore.

But Flareon stopped watching the Glaceon and saw the inquisitive look in his daughter's eyes and lightly booped her on the head with his tail "Flare Flare" expressed Flareon and Espeon put her head down in reply "Essp" added Espeon, and returned to her seated position to wait when Lindsay started moving agian while Flareon kept an eye on the Glaceon the girl was holding.

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    "eh who cares i don't really need a room i just wanted a place to put my stuff i guess any where is good?"Rocky said as he head up the boat just before he entered his stomach growled he went back down to Otis
    "hey where's the cafe?"he said while resting on the ground as he had ran the whole way to this boat and he needed some rest. After all he ran all the way to Slateport from his home with no breaks
    so tired he thought in his mind.
    "You know what just tell me inside i need some rest anywhere is good"he went off only to realize Blade was missing.
    "of course Blade always knows where the Cafe is,HEY WAIT FOR ME!"he yelled while following the trail of prints blade left behind.

Last edited:

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • "Like where is my room?" Rocky started to explain. Otis didn't know this kid, and he was about to ask him for his name to give him his room location. Suddenly, a young girl appeared, asking "Excuse me, but which is my room?" Otis was about to ask her for her name, when another boy cut in. "You know, I doubt this guy knows where your rooms are, why not try the staff on board the ship instead." Otis looked back to Rocky, ready to ask him for his name.

"HEY WAIT FOR ME!" Rocky yelled before Otis could ask him for his name. Otis sighed. Maybe one-hundred trainers was a bit too much? He shrugged, and turned back to Alice. He scanned her face quickly enough so she wouldn't notice, and spoke up.

"Alice, is it? You're room is..." he said, pulling out a clipboard from his briefcase. He flipped a few papers on it, and pulled out one of the papers, "...is room 45. It's at the back of the ship, and you'll be paired with someone named 'Courtney.'" Otis gave Alice the slip of paper, which contained a map of the ship and her room location.

The map showed a gigantic room in the center of the ship, labeled 'dining hall'. Surrounding it were twenty rooms, rooms 1-20. Another 20 rooms were in the front part of the ship, rooms 21-40, and another 10 in the back. All the rooms provided a luxury atmosphere, and cable TV. There were 50 rooms in total, just enough to fit two trainers in each room. They were to be of the same gender, of course.

Another young lad asked for his room, and Otis gave him his slip of paper. Otis had a copy of all the invitations that were sent out. Each invitation showed the map of the boat, and the person's room number on it. After giving a couple more trainers their spare invitations, Otis soon realized that he made his plans without considering himself. He didn't have a room to sleep in.

"Uh.. GI Joe," he said sarcastically to one of his guards, "we don't have rooms," he said to him, half whispering. The guard looked at him.

"What do you mean? We're only here until you leave Slateport. You're on your own after that," the guard said. Otis slowly looked away from him. Suddenly, the boat horn blew. The guard left, and Otis was standing there, all alone on the ship deck. Everyone else was either in their rooms, or in the dining hall. As they departed, he saw Slateport slowly shrink to the horizon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    "sweet Blade you found an all you can eat"He said as he started eating
    "Whoops can't forget you guys"as he got up threw a couple of pokeballs and out came a Arcanine and a Steelix.
    "ok guys dig in!"he yelled while provideing enough food for all of the trainer's pokemon
    "HEY IF ANYONE WANTS I GOT SOME POKE FOOD RIGHT HERE!"he yelled as he went back to eating.

A couple minutes later as the pokemon were still eating Rocky went outside on the deck he looked at the clear blue sky and all of a sudden a giant shadow was shown going over the water and over the boat.Rocky looked up but couldn't believe what he saw.In the sky he saw a huge bird like creature with rainbow wings fly over,and falling from the sky was a rainbow feather,quickly Rocky ran over to the feather and picked it up.he thought to himself.
    Ho-oh? no it couldn't be but it must be. he looked over to a couple of trainers who must have seen the huge bird he didn't notcie Otis though.

Years
  • Alice turned her head to look at the new trainer, who had a Flareon and Espeon at his feet. The Flareon was glancing suspiciously up at her and she wondered what it was staring at, until Glaceon shifted so he could stare down at the competition with disdain. Alice took notice of the Poke balls he had around his waist though, one in particular. 'A Luxray, hm?' she tried to remember his face in-case they ever met. "HEY, WAIT FOR ME!" the other trainer who was asking for room ran off in another direction and she blinked, 'Is everyone going to be that hyper?' she thought.

Alice turned her head at the sound of a voice. "Alice, is it? Your room is..." The man began, pulling out a clipboard from the briefcase he was carrying. He started flipping papers on it, and pulled out one of them. "...is room 45" He continued, "It's at the back of the ship, and you'll be paired with someone named Courtney." He handed Alice a slip of paper and as she looked over it, found out it had a map of the ship and her room location.

The map was fairly simply, showing the main dining room in the center of the ship, with twenty rooms around it, starting from 1. The front rooms ended at 40, so her room would be one of the ones at the back, as it was 45. There was 50 rooms in all and it seemed that each room was made to fit two people. She memorized it and folded the paper neatly and put it in the back pocket of her shorts. "Thank you." she replied to the man.

Alice started off down the hallway, passing the dining room and catching a glimpse of the previous trainer with a Steelix, which was scaring the pants off the rest of the trainers in the room with him. She rolled her eyes and continued to her room. The number 45 was nailed onto the door and as she opened it, the salty smell of the sea drifted in. She let go of Glaceon, who began exploring his new surroundings inquisitively. She placed her meager belongings on the bedside cabinet on the left, nearest to the window. Her room-mate hadn't arrived yet, so she got to pick her bed. In the distance, Slateport city was drifting further and further away. 'What an interesting day this was' she thought.

Silhouette

Years
  • A couple of hours later...

It was starting to get dark. The sky was turning a purple color, and Otis shivered. He cursed for forgetting himself. He had no room to stay in, so he waited all day for the dining hall to get empty. When it finally was, Otis dug in his pocket for a key, and unlocked the room door when he found it. He creaked the door open, and slipped inside. It was quiet and dark, which was creeping him out. He was tempted to send out one of his Pokemon, but decided against it. He wanted to keep them a surprise.

He scanned the room with shifty eyes, looking for a spot to sleep. These two days were going to be rough. He looked over to the counter, and found a spot that was out of the way of everything. He laid there, and shut his eyes. A few moments later, his eyes widened at a shrieking sound. He hopped up, and heard the sound again. It sounded like it was coming from outside on the front deck.

CRACK!

He hopped out from behind the counter, and ran outside. He saw nothing; only the moon in the sky and water all around. Nothing was out on the deck. He heard the terrible sound again, and looked over the edge of the front end of the boat. He saw bubbles rising from the water. Suddenly, a red-and-blue colored fish leapt out and hooked its teeth on the hull.

"A Carvanha?? Argh, these things eat boat hulls.. only one thing to do!" he said to himself. He reached for his side, and pulled out an Ultra Ball containing a Pokemon.

"Go, Crueltia!" he said, in an attempt to be quiet. Suddenly, a huge Tentacruel appeared in the water around the crowd of Carvanha. "Giga Drain!" The Tentacruel's tentacles lengthened to nearly the size of the boat. They stabbed multiple Carvanha. Green energy started flowing inside of Crueltia's tentacles, from the Carvanha to Crueltia. When it was done, Crueltia withdrew its tentacles, and the Carvanha that were trying to eat the boat fell into the water, unconscious. Otis withdrew Crueltia, and looked around. No one saw him, thankfully. He ran back inside to the dining hall, and got back behind the counter. Before he could, he heard a bell ring. A voice over the PA called.

"The dining hall is open for breakfast." Otis cursed, and got out of the dining hall. He saw the sun starting to rise from the horizon.

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    Rocky was tired as he still had not found his room so he decided to walk around the deck with Blade.He was walking until he heard a strange noise
    CRACK!
    he went towards the noise only to find Otis throwing an ultra ball and a Tentacruel coming out.
    Rocky decided to stay out of sight he saw the beast fight some Carvanahs.
    now what do we have here Otis? he thought while Otis had returned the Tentacruel to his ball and was walking to the dining hall.Rocky tried to stay out of sight until he heard a noise.
    "The dining hall is open for breakfast."
    then he heard someone silently curse he thought it was Otis.
    "Well Blade let's get some grub and leave Otis to um whatever he is doing"he said while heading towards the dining hall.
    "i'll have some fried eggs and toast please" he said while Blade nudged him.
    "oh yeah, and some poke-food" he said while walking away to a table to start to eat.
    "can't forget you guys"as he took out a great ball and an ultra ball and threw them, and out came Steelix and Arcanine.
    "dig in!"

King!

better
    Years
  • Chapter 1: Positively Glorious

Courtney walked along the hot beach, her toes freely walking over the land, with sand slithering their way between them. Her shoes were getting small again, or, her feet bigger. She had been in a cramped little boat on the way to Slateport, which had also happened to be covered in grime - not one of Roxanne's greatest ideas. Nonetheless, she was fine.

Two of her Pokemon walked along with her. Sammy at her side, brushing against her legs, and Archie on her head, one of his favorite spots. She'd grown accustomed to it however, except when he fell asleep. "So, Sammy, how does it feel to be back to your roots?" She asked, turning her head and looking down at the cat. He meowed, and then smiled, nodding his head. Courtney smiled back.

When she reached the port, her shoes back on her feet to endure the gravel, she looked around. Only a few people were here. She had been late. 'Ugh, now I'll have to find my way through a crowded ship to my room. Whatever.' She thought. Making her way to the dock leading to the large cruise ship. She scooped up Sammy into her arms. 'Come on big guy." She said, as she walked up the steps covered with a luxurious maroon fabric rug.

The inside of the ship was positively glorious. The maroon rug kept running along the floor and halls, and crystal chandeliers glowed with a gold hue. The walls were decorated with dioramas, paintings, pictures, and unique artifacts, and were painted a warm sea blue. People of different genders walked the corridors, scurrying around and trying to find their rooms. A few yards away, a girl who looked a couple years younger than Courtney stood hunched over a map.

"Room 45…Courtney….." Courtney heard the girl mutter to herself and walk off. Courtney followed her, and pretending to be a person passing by, swiped a glance at the map. Room 45 was in the back, Courtney saw, and so she headed towards it. Making her way through a few halls, Courtney found that she had gotten lost. The rooms here all had single digit numbers on them, Courtney saw, and she figured that she must have took a wrong turn. After back-tracking a bit, she turned the right way, and walked in to room forty-five…. Where the girl from before sat on one of the beds.

"Oh hello there." Courtney said, with a smile. "I'm Courtney."

Years
  • Glaceon let out a growl as someone entered the room and Alice looked up, eyes locking onto the person in front of her. The girl seemed to be a bit older than her, with sparkling emerald eyes. Alice stood, making sure to pick up Glaceon, unless he got stepped on accidentally. He whipped his tail in annoyance, as if saying, 'I can take care of myself!'. Alice assumed she was Courtney, her room-mate. "Hello, I'm Alice," she smiled slightly, "I assume you're my new room-mate?" "Giilaaaa!" Glaceon added, staring intently at the Persian across him before switching and glaring at the Ariados. Alice shushed him with a tug on his tail.

King!

better
    Years
  • "Yeah, I guess so." Courtney replied. The girls eyes had locked onto hers, and she saw that they had a sad look to them, and were an unusual shade of red. Sammy, eyeing the Glaceon, prowled over to the bed Alice had taken, and leaped onto it, curling up into a ball. Courtney sighed. "Wrong bed." She said, walking over and scooping Sammy up and placing him on the right bed. "Sorry about that. So, where do you come from?" She asked. Meanwhile, Ariados had scurried off of Courtney's head, and walked over to the Glaceon, and held out a leg, giving the Glaceon a nod, and smiling. Courtney chuckled.

Years
  • Courtney picked up the Persian and put it on the other bed. The jewel on it's head was green-ish in color, 'It's green, hm...'. "Johto, Blackthorn city. I lived there with my parents...and my brother," Alice replied, putting down Glaceon in front of the Ariados. She noted the emerald markings, 'How peculiar. The same color as her eyes.' The silk spinning Pokemon held out one of it's pincers and waved it at Glaceon, like it wanted to shake hands. Alice laughed inwardly, holding onto one of Glaceon's paws and shaking with the Ariados. 'How cute' she thought. "and you? where do you come from, Courtney?

King!

better
    Years
  • Courtney watched as Archie stuck out a pincer, and Alice helped the Glaceon shake it. "And you?" Alice asked. "Where do you come from Courtney?"

"I'm from Rustburo City, it wasn't far away from the port..." Courtney answered. Then, she turned to her bed and started unpacking her clothes, laying them out in outfits on the bed. "Why were you invited?" She asked Alice, and then proceeded to hang her clothes in the closet by her bed. The two sides of the room were pretty much identical, both of them had a bed, closet, and nightstand, in the same place. In the front of the room, however, facing the beds was a television, sitting on a small table, and in front of it, was another table, a coffee table mage of oak wood.

Silhouette

Years
  • End of Day I

Otis paced on the deck, not noticing Rocky who had apparently seen his riddance of the Carvanha. He was honestly bored out of his mind. He leaned on the side of the rail. It was morning now, and he had hardly shut an eye for rest. The sun was barely over the horizon in the distance. Suddenly, a voice called from the radio on Otis's belt. It was the captain of the ship.

"Otis, I need you for a minute.. this could be bad," he said. Otis picked up the radio, looking over the water still. What now?? he thought.

As he made his way up the stairs on the outside of the ship, he noticed that the air was dense with fog. He shrugged it off, and kept his way up. He finally reached the captain's quarters.

"What do you want?" Otis said, surprising the captain. The captain looked at Otis, and pointed out toward the sea. Barely visible past the dense fog, Otis could see a huge shadow. He started to worry that it was a huge Pokemon. One that he heard about in ancient legends... He decided to see if the captain knew what it was.

"What.. is that?" Otis queried.

"That is an island. I know you're probably thinking 'so what,' but there's one issue... That island was never there before, and it's right on our route!" The captain replied. Otis was a bit relieved, and he sighed. The captain glared at him. "I wouldn't be so relaxed yet, son. Since its right in our way, we'll have to go around it, past Pacifilog.. that means heavy currents," he finished. Otis nodded.

"Well, that's what this boat was for, right?" Otis said. He headed back for the deck, noticing the odd atmosphere of the situation. He felt claustrophobic with the fog all around. The sun was blocked by the fog, so it seemed dark still. It was just a dim orb in the sky. And that island... It seemed to stare as they went around it.

Otis could see a couple of small, blue, happy-looking Pokemon with long arms running around, as if playing, in the mysterious island's vegetation. He looked back, the fog clearing out. It was disappearing fast, almost supernaturally...

"Tornado!" he heard one of the trainers on the deck shout. Otis whipped around, and it was true; a waterspout was right where the ship had passed. In fact, it seemed like it was right on top of that island. Otis was in disbelief. He thought about those small, blue Pokemon, and how they were so innocent. As the tornado went off the other way, the sky was back to normal. It was getting bright, the sun rising farther into the sky. Then, Otis noticed that the island was gone. He looked out to where the island should be, but he saw nothing except for the endless water.

I hope we make it to the Battle Frontier in one piece... only a few more hours...

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • Kevin Ray Billiards walked onto the ship. He was confused. He went over to where a couple of other girls were standing. Kevin assumed that they knew what they were doing. Kevin waited for them to finish, and then moved forward. He saw a white map of the ship. He saw many rooms and names of other travelers. He saw his name. Kevin Ray Billiards: Room 20, the display read. He saw that the room was to the left of where he was, but it was 5 in the afternoon. Billiards usually hit the hay at around 8:30. He had a few hours of his day left to enjoy. He looked at the map and tried to find his way around the ship. There were a variety of options. Kevin went into the pool that was located outside of the ship. He walked right. A clear, blue sky was overcast all around the pool, brightening the atmosphere quite a bit. Kevin, though, was the only one in this section of the boat. He walked to the pools edge. His legs left the ground, and Kevin plunged into the water. A cold surge went through his body as it fell under the water. Then, Kevin regained altitude and swam to the 3 foot area, sitting on those steps. He summoned Espeon who sat on his lap. Kevin was thinking, What am I doing here? Relaxing in a cruise? That's not Kevin Ray Billiards. Kevin Ray Billiards is unstoppable and adventureous, not lazy, he was thinking. Unbeknownst to him, more was coming his way.

Later, Kevin was in bed, still confused. He wasn't quite sure what he was doing here. Espeon sat on his lap. Espeon was his best friend. He was very comforting and kind. Also, their personality was quite similar. Kevin fell asleep, on his soft, white matress, covered by brown covers in a plain white room.

The next morning, Kevin went up to the sky deck. The outside sky was thick with clouds. The sun was barely visible. Below this haunting sky stood an island covered by fog. Also, a tornado was visible in the near distance. Now there's some adventure. A tornado. I need to stop it. "Electrivire, go! Use Psychic!" Kevin commanded. Electrivire launched a Psychic beam that shrunk the tornado and sunk it into the water. "Return, Electrivire," commanded Kevin. Kevin noticed that the island disappeared and that the sky was cleared. That was weird...

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 21, 2016
    ((ooc:i know i haven't posted in a while but it's vacation...))
    After Rocky was done eating he went outside to look around but noticed the entire air was filled with fog.
    "What's going on?!"he ran up to the where the captain and Otis were.
    "Um what's that?"he noticed a strange island in front of them
    "That is an island. I know you're probably thinking 'so what,' but there's one issue... That island was never there before, and it's right on our route!" The captain replied. Otis looked a bit relieved, and he sighed. The captain glared at him. "I wouldn't be so relaxed yet, son. Since its right in our way, we'll have to go around it, past Pacifilog.. that means heavy currents," he finished. Otis nodded.
    Rocky looked at his map.
    he's right it wasn't there before
    then he heard one of the trainers yell
    "TORNADO!"Rocky ran out and saw a tornado appearing right on the island.
    Then the tornado vanished along with the island and the fog.
    Rocky stared at the Rainbow Wing that the big pokemon dropped earlier
    What is going on here he ran down to Otis who was talking to himself
    "um Otis are you sure this ship is safe?" he said staring at Otis forgetting he still had the rainbow wing in his hand.

Silhouette

Years
  • "Um... Otis, are you sure this ship is safe?" someone had asked him. Otis turned, and saw the kid, who he remembered was called Rocky. Otis quickly blinked the worry from his eyes, and nodded, unsure underneath.

"It'll be all fine. I just can't wait to get to.." he started to say, when the radio on his belt started to crackle. "Otis? We're arriving at the Frontier!" Otis's face instantly lit up. Finally, people would get to see his wonderful creation. Many years of work had not been in vain, and Otis finally realized that, but he forgot to take into account the future. The ship pulled up to the side of a gigantic pier, and there were already a large number of people. Otis realized that these were the people who had come from other regions. Flags with the battle frontier symbol flew about. The symbol consisted of three blue Pokeballs behind a larger, central one.

Otis led the group of trainers, which was relatively small compared to the number of people who were already here. The sun was high in the sky, as it was yesterday. Otis turned and faced his small group.

"Okay, trainers, you all need to line up inside of this gate," he said, pointing to a gigantic arch, separating them from the Battle Frontier, "and you need to receive a Frontier Pass, like this," he finished, holding up what seemed to be a small notebook with a black leather covering. He passed through the gate, and some of the staff saw him and waved. He nodded, with a happy look on his face, but he still couldn't imagine what that mysterious island was. He turned to the group.

"Just get your things here, and I'll be waiting on the other side. I'll set up your hotel rooms, and then you can get to your challenges."

King!

better
    Years
  • Chapter 2:

The night before had gone quickly, and Courtney had chatted a bit with Alice before they had both settled into their beds for a much needed rest. Nothing of importance. The next day had gone about the same way too. She had woken up, couldn't tell whether Alice had been asleep or away, and decided to go get some breakfast- Apple Pancakes for herself, and Gourmet PokeCakes for her Pokemon. Afterwards, she had decided to roam the ship, hoping to find something entertaining.

Once, around mid-morning, there had been an alarm sounding about an island blocking the way, but it was quickly dismissed. Another slightly interesting event that happened, around noon, was when Courtney accidentally got knocked over after running into a tall, good-looking man around her age, where a plain blue t-shirt, thus causing her to knock a short boy behind her down as well. But other than that, nothing.

Finally, not soon enough, the ship pulled up to the side of a gigantic pier, where a large amount of people and Pokemon already stood. Many flags bore the Battle Frontier symbol on them, which consisted of three blue Pokeballs behind a ,arger, main one. The trainers on the ship all turned to face the man in charge, who was leading them into the park.

"Okay trainers, line up just outside this gate," he said, pointing to a gigantic arch, which seperated them from the Battle Frontier. "And you need to recieve a Frontier Pass, like this," he added, holding up what seemed to be a small notebook, with black leather covering. The man seemed distracted for a second, then turned back to the group and finished, "Just get your things here, and I'll be waiting on the other side. I'll set up your hotel rooms, and then you can get to your challenges." With that, the man turned and walked through the arch-like gates.

Excited, Courtney lined up, and was glad to get a spot near the front of the line. She passed through the gates, and after security and all that jazz, was given her own Frontier Pass. 'Finally. This trip is going to be loads of fun! But I'll have to work hard as well. I'll show Roxanne I'm worth it!' Courtney thought, as she walked into the park.

Before reavealing too much to herself, Courtney quickly walked up to the man in charge. "Excuse me, sir. Otis, was it? I was wondering where my room was," she said, then added, "My name is Courtney."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back