• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Project: Revamp GSC

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Sorry, but if they weren't revamps, I'd have taken them down. Please point me to whichever ones you are referring to.

Your Slowking is hardly a revamp.
    It has like, zero shading from the neckpiece down.

Proof seems to be doing a good job on his, but there are a few others that hardly classify as revamps.

I'm going to have to go with Foxhound! on this one.

Adagio~

♪ s.l.o.w.b.e.a.t ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    Tense atmosphere much? ^^'

Anyways, I finished the Chikorita I put up a claim for. It's from the Gold sprite, I hope you don't mind.

I'm willing to work more on it, especially if you don't like the way I've changed the body shape. And the shading on the leaf was a little iffy. But you be the judge~

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    The face looks a little. . Flat. Especially around the mouth, which should be considerably more round.

Adagio~

♪ s.l.o.w.b.e.a.t ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    Ah, Thanks for pointing it out~ I'll fiddle with the face. Like the head? It just seems so bulbish on the old sprites compared to the new ones. :x

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Once you fix it, I'll make my decision whether or not to except it.

But that Vulpix and Chikorita are two of the best submitted, how could you put up that Slowking and Moltres but not the Vulpix and Chikorita?

Adagio~

♪ s.l.o.w.b.e.a.t ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    Ah, no sweat.

Alright ShinjisLover, I'll go crazy if I edit anymore. Here's the new Chikorita (I don't like the face on the newer one though :x), but that's my opinion.

old v1:
    (I didn't change the shading on the leaf on this one.)

new v2:

You have permission to change the shading, as it's obviously not my forte, and I'm still a beginner~

Edit:
    Changed the mouth, and the leaf is different.

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    V1 is far better, it always has being, it was an excellent revamp to begin with.

I done an Electabuzz, however due to the fact the head already activated her rep just to derep me for a comment that is over a fortnight old, i dare say she'll refuse this on a similarly stupid basis.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    But that Vulpix and Chikorita are two of the best submitted, how could you put up that Slowking and Moltres but not the Vulpix and Chikorita?

I didn't except Vulpix and Chikorita because the creators said they had to fix up some things. And, if you haven't noticed, I do listen to them. =/

V1 is far better, it always has being, it was an excellent revamp to begin with.

I done an Electabuzz, however due to the fact the head already activated her rep just to derep me for a comment that is over a fortnight old, i dare say she'll refuse this on a similarly stupid basis.

Firstly, v1's face was too flat.

Secondly, you mean "you've done an Electabuzz" not "you done an Electabuzz". Thirdly, I didn't have to activate my rep just to deprep you. I can derep you without having to activate my rep. So deal with it and don't complain. =/

And fourthly, you wanted me to be more strict, so I'm being more strict: The base of the tail on Electabuzz has no shading. It should be darker, since Electabuzz's tail is under Electabuzz.

So, what now? If I've offended you, I guess I'm sorry, but that doesn't mean you need to go around and act as if you're better then me.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011

I didn't except Vulpix and Chikorita because the creators said they had to fix up some things. And, if you haven't noticed, I do listen to them. =/

Firstly, v1's face was too flat.

Secondly, you mean "you've done an Electabuzz" not "you done an Electabuzz". Thirdly, I didn't have to activate my rep just to deprep you. I can derep you without having to activate my rep. So deal with it and don't complain. =/

And fourthly, you wanted me to be more strict, so I'm being more strict: The base of the tail on Electabuzz has no shading. It should be darker, since Electabuzz's tail is under Electabuzz.

So, what now? If I've offended you, I guess I'm sorry, but that doesn't mean you need to go around and act as if you're better then me.

Firstly - No, it's face was fine, the only issue was the leaf

Secondly - You mean "didn;t accept" not "didn't except". When trying to belittle someone and you are using their grammar skills as a means to do so, atleast make sure your grammar doesn't suck equally as bad.

Thirdly - I was under the impression people who disable rep couldnt give it out.

Fourthly - by quality control i didn't mean "turn away generally good sprites for flaws that arent really there". i meant don't accept revamps that are clearly lacking, i.e the slowking, moltres etc. (no offense to the spriters, again it's just the truth).

In regards to my Electrabuzz, It clearly has shading, zoom in and you will see that out of 9 pixels, 5 are dark, 2 are hue switched and 2 are base colour.

I'm sorry, but that doesn't mean you need to go around and act as if you're better then me.
    I'm not the one who started with personal jibes and the "mightier than thou" attitude, all I done was state my thoughts on the quality of some of the revamps.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    All right, you know what, I don't care. Electabuzz hasn't been accepted. You're starting to irk me with your continuous high and mighty attitude, and you really should either 1) go back to your own pixel project, or 2) fix Electabuzz's tail and be done with it. Whatever you just said, I honestly didn't bother to waste my life reading. =/​

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    All right, you know what, I don't care. Electabuzz hasn't been accepted. You're starting to irk me with your continuous high and mighty attitude, and you really should either 1) go back to your own pixel project, or 2) fix Electabuzz's tail and be done with it. Whatever you just said, I honestly didn't bother to waste my life reading. =/

So even though you accepted a moltres that looks nothing like moltres and a Slowking with next to no shading, you won't accept an electabuzz because there's apparently no shading on one tiny 9 pixel section even though there clearly actually is shading?

Adagio~

♪ s.l.o.w.b.e.a.t ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2010
    Here Tunaboy.
    Try this site. ^^ Hope that helps~

edit: Beat me. lol. Both sites work.

Back