• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixelpusher's Dot Contest

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    My entry:

Years
  • I have changed the deadline to 12PM GMT -08:00.
    That is the time you stop updating your entries and the time before that, you get to complete your entries. It is also a time for people that are are finished can edit their results and stuff they need to do with their entries.

Good luck to everyone participating, judging will be finished asap!
    I will post this to everyone possible(especially people still with WIP)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • A competition open for me to enter!

I did this on paint, zoomed 800%. I hope it gets accepted:
    "Dawn and Piplup"

The background is meant to imitate that of contests. I used a total of 20 colours exactly :)

Last edited:

tpmrpg

Beginning Hacker, Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    you arn't allowed to use spray paint right cause bluerang's looks sprayed

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks for changing the deadline. It gave me enough time to finish this:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks for changing the deadline. It gave me enough time to finish this:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Wow you're amazing. I guess you're a professional artists, looking at all your other work. Great job!

I'm proud of my entry, it's sort of my first pixel art work :)

Years
  • I just want to clarify to everyone. The judging process is currently going underway. The results will be posted ASAP. As of now (and hours and hours ago) the deadline has long passed already(if it's not obvious). It ended at 12 PM GMT -08:00.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I didn't even use Paint. Lol I used GraphicsGale and GraFX2 for textures, and make the background in GraphicsGale

Years
  • The results are in! The judging process took quite a while because of the change in deadline, now remember I didn't judge these.

Results

3rd Place: Spherical Ice

Creativity - 10/10
    Skill - 6/10
    Theme - 9/10

Probably one of the most innovative piece I've seen in the competition. Even though its not as smooth as I would like it to be, it's a great piece. Probably the main reason I like it is because of the ying yang in the pokemon scene. Showing the opposites of those 4 different forms of those pokemon. Even though some of the anatomy could use work it's a nice piece. Like I said though it could still use work on some of the outline and anatomy. But otherwise a great piece by Spherical Ice.

2nd Place: aragornbird

Creativity - 7.5/10
    Skill - 9/10
    Theme - 10/10

No comments or criticism because of the sudden change of deadline.

1st Place: NiKaNoRoU

Creativity - 9/10
    Skill - 9/10
    Theme - 10/10

Im sure everybody knew this was going to place in 1st. Honestly this piece deserves it, with a that has perfectly smooth outline, near perfect shading, lighting, and a sense of style in each pokemon. Though there is minor lighting issues but like I said its minor most people wont notice it. Anyways it an excellent piece by nikanorou and I cant say much about it except that it certainly deserves 1st place.
    --------------------------------------------------
    That is it for the results! Congratulations everyone. To help on emblems, i'll be creating a list:

1st Place Emblem:
    NiKaNoRoU

2nd Place Emblem:
    aragornbird

3rd Place Emblem:
    Spherical Ice

Participant Emblem:
    Shiny Politoed
    Bloomilk C.
    Chaosong
    Zenith95s
    Negative-Zero
    Destiny Demon
    altariaking
    tpmrpg
    Bluerang1

Credit to CHIBI ROBO and Ben. for their excellent judging.

Thanks for participating everyone! It was quite fun, your emblems will be given asap. If you have a problem with the list please vm or pm me. Or post here.

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Congratz to those winners n_n
    I personally liked aragornbird's the best, but that's me. xD;

Years
  • Oh, awesome. Really well done Nika and Aragorn, you guys deserved it so much. A big "well done" to SP, Bloomilk, Chaosong, Zenith, Nega-0, Destiny, altariaking, tpmrpg and Bluerang as well, all of you guys' entries were really cool, and I guess it would match, seeing as you guys are cool too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    EDIT:Rude rant you don't need to see :(

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was really hoping I would get third place, considering I worked pretty hard on my piece, but I guess what made a piece qualify was having real Pokemon-style work, intead of your own

Hey, don't feel down. I don't think it'd got anything to do with whether or not it's Pokémon related or not, it's just whatever the judges deem good enough. Personally though, I think I was undeserving of third place anyway, as there were much better entries here.

Back