• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pkmn from other regions

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
  • Are you surprised by the amount of Non Unova pokemon are in BW2? Personally I was very surprised. Not disappointed one more like "oh wow, really?"

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Personally it didn't make to much sense that there weren't any in the first games. I knew What they were trying to do but it was kinda stupid. I would have to say gen 2 is my favorite and HG SS are my favorite ( of course I prefer gen 5 me mechanics and deeper story, but content wise I love HG SS ) and that was because while it gave us a new adventure , new characters and new pokemon it also brought us back to Kanto which showed us even tho the pokemon world is big it is still connected.

I think pokemon works best when it's all connected.

So I loved the fact that they added a ton of older pokemon. And I loved the pokemon they made available early on. I had my full team of Oshawatt growlith , rilou and elikid all before my second badge.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I wasn't surprised when the older Pokemon were put in the Unova Dex, but I was pleased when that happened because there are some people who'd rather play the game with mixed-region Pokemon.

But I was disappointed when the Pikachu line wasn't put in; it's the mascot of the franchise, and that was surprising.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They usually do that when it's the second game in the generation, it's better than sticking to the same Pokedex limiting your options. I personally love the fact that they introduced 300 this time, such a variety of choices.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
    Years
  • I was not suprised but i was defenitly glad that they added them. It was a great additon and supports the idea of you catching ALL the pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2017
    Really happy at the decision to include the old gen of pokemon.
    I honestly do not like the 5th gen.... all the pokemon look... not like pokemon.. Or is that just me ? The 5th gen pokemon look REALLY out of place with the old gen. Bleh.

Pokemon designs were really lame.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
    Years
  • I liked the fact that they put older region Pokemon in the games. I mean in black and white 1 almost everyone in team plasma had the same Pokemon. Watchog, patrat, sandile and other common stuff. in bw2 they have a better variety of Pokèmon's that you battle against team plasma.

Years
  • I wasn't surprised that they made older-gen Pokemon available in B2W2; since Black and White were basically introductions to Unova, a brand new Pokemon world, it seemed reasonable that we could only use entirely new Pokemon for the main story. However with B2W2, I think people would've been a bit tired of that, and so the 'Pokemon migrating' excuse works perfectly well.

I was surprised at the sheer amount of previous-gen Pokemon that were made available in B2W2- I still can't get past the fact that there's 300 Pokemon in the Regional Dex alone. And I pretty much love ALL the Pokemon that were included, it's like GameFreak just knew what Pokemon I'd want and said 'Yeah, let's put them in the first few routes!'. So I was very pleasantly surprised about that. :)

Back