• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen PKMN Trainer Red

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    To be honest I played Gold like a real game, meaning I didn't even know what the hell is gonna happen next. I got there and next thing I know there's Red. Red.

Red.

Red!

OMG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all he rather says so yeah.
    He beat the **** out of me, but I won. Hyper Potions baby! And I had two Feraligatrs, one level 100 and the other 84.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
    Years
    Hmm...i dont remember my team but i remember my Typhlosion and my Heracross did good job in the battle i defeated him. I think it was on the 7th or 8th try. And he wasn't so though, the only ones who gave me problems were his Charizard and his Snorlax. Lmao his Pikachu lv.81 sucks.

Years
    Upon seeing that level 81 Pikachu, I don't exactly remember how I reacted but I knew it was going to be one hell of a battle and I remember taking more than 10 tries to beat this guy. When I finally beat him I just jumped across my house and tired myself out in the process.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
    I cloned my Lugia five times and beat him that way. I guess that could count as cheating, but I just wanted to see what would happen when I won. I'm training my current team to be able to beat him "legitimately." It'll probably be a little while before they're a high enough level. They're only about level 65, with the exception of Sylvestor the Lugia (he's level 81).

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2016
    I remember the team I had in Crystal: Feraligatr, Red Gyarados, Scizor, Tyranitar, Scuicune and Crobat.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I certainly wasn't able to defeat him in my first try. If I remember correctly, it took me three tries to finally get him defeated. His team was a lot stronger than mine, because my Pokémon were very underleveled. All of his Pokémon were ten to twenty levels higher than the ones I had. After I was defeated by him, I had to train my Pokémon for almost six days to gain the courage to challenge him again. xD"

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    It's so many years ago, I can't even remember which Pokemon I had. I think there was a Aerodactyl on my team (at least on my Crystal), but the others...I've forgotten ^^"
    In Gold I guess I beat it with my recent team (many years ago, too). There was a Tyranitar and Lugia but the others I don't know, since its members changed many times...

A question that still keeps remaining: why is he even up there, I mean it doesn't seem like he has any food supplies up there? Does he have a cell phone and did Prof. Oak call him like "Hey Red, how's it going? Long time no see, a lot of stuff happened. There was Team Rocket and stuff but surely you knew that already. Also there's this boy/girl who beat all the gym leaders in Johto and Kanto and who's now on his way to Mount Silver, so could you please go to the top of the mountain to fight him/her? Thanks a lot. Also your mother talked to me earlier. It would be really nice if you could call her back. Bye!"

Alloute

Cat Burglar
    Years
    I beat Red the 1st time I fought him with my Dragonite, Lugia and Raikou. I had them all up to level 80 when I battled Red and the battle was tough but I won in the end. I always liked battling Red for the challenge.

Years
    Red is by far, the strongest person I have ever faced in any Pokemon game. By the time I reach him, a had a team full of lvl 65 and 1 lvl 73, and he still wipes the floor with me. It took me around 13 tries to actually beat him, no joke.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2018
    I did it with all pokemon underleveled, if you fight all his pokemon with a counter type it's quite easy :D

Sirfetch’d

I managed to defeat him on my first try with little to no effort. My team was extremely over leveled and took him down without a fight. I think that people make too big of a fuss as to how powerful Red actually is.

Ari Niko

Sincerity
    Years
    Party of 6, all under-leveled. I really wish they made Red more powerful... Earthquake will OHKO his Pikachu, and everything from there can be 2-3HKO'd.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    Snorlax should of been at level 100.

Many agrees that Snorlax is the "King of GSC", the absolutely best pokemon in the entire game. Some may argue that Mewtwo and Tyranitar, or perhaps even Dragonite are stronger (They can withstand Ghost and Rock), but Snorlax is one bulky bastard to take down.

Perhaps Pikachu should of been a couple of levels higher. Maybe Lvl 86. But it didn't bother me too much. To actually face a trainer with Pkm over lvl 70 was very satisfying.

Hitmonlee lvl 73 + High Jump Kick = Hurts.

Back