• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

planes and flying

Years
    • Age 22
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I've flown quite a few times before for family holidays. The last time I went on a plane was when I went to the USA in late 2017 for a tour I did with my school actually! It's a lot more enjoyable being on a plane with friends but it was the longest flight I had by far. I used to really hate flying (watching Air Crash Investigations is a very bad idea) but I've accepted I don't really have control over the situation and feel a lot more calm at turbulence etc. I don't mind which seat but sitting by the window is cozy. Usually I just nap or watch TV so it's not a huge deal.

Also since China Southern Airlines was mentioned, most of the flights I've done in my life are through that airline and can I say that as a result I still remember all of those flight safety videos and the random stretching exercises at the end? But yeah it's a pretty good airline :')

mariopepper

Banned
    Years
  • My family likes traveling around in the Summer, although we have yet to venture out of the states. I can assume someday we will.

Also, although it's a while off, I would also like to participate in a travel study before I finish college.

that is nice idea i think

Years
  • Also since China Southern Airlines was mentioned, most of the flights I've done in my life are through that airline and can I say that as a result I still remember all of those flight safety videos and the random stretching exercises at the end? But yeah it's a pretty good airline :')

I love their safety video. It's bizarrely entertaining and I always enjoy watching it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I used to fly a lot when I was younger since we lived really far away from our extended family and would visit them once or twice a year. But lately I fly once every one or two years, if that. Last flight I had was to Japan in June of last year! That flight is definitely the longest flight I've ever been on at about 13 hours, but I enjoy flying so it never feels like a big deal.

Planes are one of the few places I can sleep so if it's an overnight flight, I'm usually okay. I'm also lazy so I'm... also kind of fine not really getting up and walking around much, lol. Plus, I'm short, so legroom or lack thereof doesn't bother me at ALL since I don't use all my legroom anyway, no matter how cramped. Which means I'm also fine with the window seat since I don't need to get up much and it gives me a view. :D I'll take middle seat but only if I know someone beside me. (The last few times I've flown, I've taken window seat and no one has sat between me and whoever has the aisle seat and it was glorious.)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    i fly at least once a year for a work convention. i don't really like flying but i'm not paying for it and i'm getting paid so i can deal with it a little bit better.

other than that the only time i've flown was with my family to Disney. i barely remember that as i was 3 or 4 so i don't really count that.

Back