• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum: Correct Nature Lengendary Birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Hmm... It's gonna take a lot of Elite 4 battling, reappearing birdies to get the right natures. Now I'm wondering if it's really worth it :o. But I want to restart it anyway so may as well =/.

Just as a suggestion, if you would rather avoid fighting the Elite Four over and over again, then you can just as easily trade over some Master Balls, save in front of Oak, hunt for the Legendary Birds, and reset without saving if their natures are not what you are looking for. You can also do the same with each subsequent release, if you only find one decent nature.

Dark Destiny

Your Destiny is in your hands
    Years
  • Wow... I'm surprised I've never heard of this. Is this just with Platinum?

I've also done some research on search sites searching for how other people discuessed catching their legendaries with the right nature. Not many people know of this method :o. They all say SR at oak. Not many people knew of the battling the E4 will reset them :o. Thanks for the info anway

Dark Destiny

Years
  • :o. I have no idea what works or w/e. I look forward for your results. ^_^ I'm currently getting ready to battle first gym.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I'm pretty sure all 3 can respawn. I haven't tested myself (I only have Moltres left), but I've heard others talking about it.
    Anyway, the best way to get the correct natures isn't to keep beating the E4 over and over again, respawning them each time; the best way is actually just to save in front of Oak before he releases them (can be respawned), catch them, and SR if the nature is incorrect. I guess this won't work if you're going for all three, though (they won't respawn if you catch them). Tricking the confusion berries onto them can help determine their nature; each berry will confuse the holder unless its nature boosts a certain stat.

Technically, the best way to ensure natures is to manipulate the RNG, but I'm not going into that now.

Dark Destiny

Years
  • RNG as in hacking?

The only games I have are yellow, gold, silver, P/D/Pt.
    So it's not great. I hope to do get the pokemon I want to use in battling myself rather than trading for it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    RNG is not hacking; by definition, hacking is using an external device to alter game data. RNG manipulation simply makes use of the way the game was programmed, and requires no outside device (other than a computer). You could even do all the calculations on paper (though it would be extremely time-consuming). I guess you could consider it a glitch, similar to GTS cloning or tweaking.

EDIT: If you want to get the Pokemon you battle with yourself, I would really recommend learning how the RNG works. Since I did, I've never had to trade for a single battle Pokemon. If you can make use of it, you can get world-class Pokemon in minutes (literally; I bred/caught the entire team of a Video Game World Championships competitor, all with flawless IVs and natures, in just a few days).

Dark Destiny

Years
  • So is this a site or programme you need to look at or download? And how can it manipulate the game?

EDIT: nevermind, I did a bit of research and as I don't have an AR i'll have to work it out myself =/. Meh, I'll see what happens later on.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back