• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    I was wondering. What Pokemon did you guys use your Master Ball on in Platinum. I have been saved in front of Giratina for too long now and I am so tempted to throw it at it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I was wondering. What Pokemon did you guys use your Master Ball on in Platinum. I have been saved in front of Giratina for too long now and I am so tempted to throw it at it.
    Ultra Ball... I made its HP red then 1 ball, voila!!
    I suggest you to use Timer Ball, it's VERY VERY useful!

i finally have a movie 11 shaymin does anyone want one i clone them so every one can have one. i have a vid on youtube just type in monkeyx4 in youtube my vid is going to be there. thx

it can be change to sky shaymin just to tell yall that if you have platinum. if you dont just keep it antill platinum comes out in USA

I have a clone of a Giratina that I accidentally got from someone... I can't use it on Battle Revolution so I want to give it away...

... Shaymin person, can you clone a clone? If you can, would you be okay if you trade the Original Shaymin to me? I don't have any...
    Stop chatting here. It is disturbing.

Anyway I asked this awhile ago(but they said no one figured out how to, at that time): I finished all 5 Battle Facilities(I battle each Frontier Brain for 2 times already; I have Gold Badge already), but my Trainer Card hadn't upgrade yet. Why's that? How can I upgrade my card?

Last edited:

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    I have a question,

I have very limited knowledge of reading/speaking japanese

Is their a website where I can find a list of the words used in pokemon platinum
    that is translated.

I.E. The TM's or the different type of pokeballs, etc.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    For TMs use a English TM and HM list. They are the same as D/P so it is simple. For Items, Berries, PokeBalls, learn the sprites. Each as a picture and they are also the same as D/P.

Cyrus Lv.X

Intergalactic Space Crusader
    Years
    There is now the Platinum Orb, an Orb that increases the Dragon and Ghost attacks for Giratina, it also changes it to Origin Forme outside the Torn World...

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    This isn't a chat thread, it's for posting help questions in when people get stuck in their game, or need to know something O_o;

Have you talked to Cynthia's Grandmother in Celstic Town? I've only just gotten out of the Torn World after delaying my exit SRing for Giratina, so I cannot confirm myself yet, but I hear that this is what you must also do to get them to appear.

Thanks halcyonXlll, that must have been it, I talked to the grandmother and now that I'm at the spear pillar, there is the portal for daigla.
    Thanks very much!!

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    Ultra Ball... I made its HP red then 1 ball, voila!!
    I suggest you to use Timer Ball, it's VERY VERY useful!

Stop chatting here. It is disturbing.

Anyway I asked this awhile ago(but they said no one figured out how to, at that time): I finished all 5 Battle Facilities(I battle each Frontier Brain for 2 times already; I have Gold Badge already), but my Trainer Card hadn't upgrade yet. Why's that? How can I upgrade my card?

The trainer card isn't updated by clearing the Facilities. It is upgraded by winning a 100-win streak in the battle tower.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2008
    Quick Question

So now that Platinum is out, can you catch all the pokemon that are in Diamond and Pearl, or do Diamond and Pearl still have exclusives??
    In other words, if you have completed Diamond and Pearl, is there a need to buy Platinum?

Gkmeit

Will defeat all.
    Years
    I have it. I completely beat the game with the national dex and everything. I didn't complete the pokedex but I did do almost everything else.

R a i n n s a n雨

デンリュウ
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2010
    Gah! Japanese Jibberish Annoys Me...

I just got the Battle Recorder thingy from Handsome in Platinum and I don't now what to do with it. How does it work?

(And yes I did get Platinum...)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    The Battle Recorder can record the battles that you fight in. It will save it in what is similar to a Battle Log format, so you have a log to show your friends about the battle instead of having to videotape all your WiFi battles. Similar to how Shoddy saves your battle logs.

KidLink

I have a question,If you play with your R4/M3/CycloDS,etc..in a tourney of pokemon could you still play in tourneys or any other things?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I have a question,If you play with your R4/M3/CycloDS,etc..in a tourney of pokemon could you still play in tourneys or any other things?
    I'm not sure...
    But they'll most likely not let you participate(even you don't use cheats).
    Since it is not the real-deal game cartridge.

Bishopk

meow :)
    Years
    • CO
    • Seen Feb 16, 2018
    Certainly in official tournaments. Wifi tournaments... who'll know whether or not you're using a rom?

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, I suppose you could use an R4, unless they do a check on everyones cartridges or something (which I doubt). Well, I suggest you try it, as the worst they would probably do is prohibit you from using that specific cartridge during the tournament.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back