• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Platinum Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
Years
  • This thread works in the same way as the Diamond/Pearl Thread, except this one is exclusively for Platinum-related simple questions about the Japanese release. The "Post your findings" thread is not the place to ask such questions, which is why I have decided to post this one.

The current D/P Q&A thread will become a D/P/P one once the English language version of Platinum is released.

If you have any questions regarding the new formes of Shaymin, Giratina and Rotom and information about their predicted use in the competitive metagame, please use this discussion thread in the S&M section.

DO NOT ASK ANY DIAMOND OR PEARL VERSION RELATED QUESTIONS HERE! PLEASE USE THE OTHER THREAD!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Here's something I would like to know from those of you playing the game, though: there was a rumor that you could get Oak's Letter & the Member Pass by progressing through the Battle Frontier (getting the medals, increasing your winning streak, etc). Has anybody been able to check this?

EDIT: And for that matter, I'd like to know how soon you can get the Glacidia's Flower item, too.

I never got an answer for this in the findings thread.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Oh, hey! Nice thread!
    I want to know where I can find Defog (The guy on the marsh gives you a different item) and Rock Climb (I don't remember this one xD) on Platinum.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Oh, hey! Nice thread!
    I want to know where I can find Defog (The guy on the marsh gives you a different item) and Rock Climb (I don't remember this one xD) on Platinum.

I saw on one of Marriland's videos, you can get it at the Solaceon Ruins. :mudkip;):

EDIT:
    I'm still pretty confused. You DO get Shaymin through an event on Platinum, like in D/P, right?
    Because, you get the Gardecia flower early in game, but I'm not sure if you get Shaymin through game, or event. :\

Wind~

Last edited:

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    for anyone who has gotten pretty far in platinum
    Where do you catch Houndour or Houndoom
    I really need to know

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Only problem is, you only get the Gardecia Flower if you have the 11th movie Shaymin. Likewise only the 11th movie Regigigas allows you to get the other three Regis (is my understanding based on serebii.net information)

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Only problem is, you only get the Gardecia Flower if you have the 11th movie Shaymin. Likewise only the 11th movie Regigigas allows you to get the other three Regis (is my understanding based on serebii.net information)
    That seems to be right too, looking at the leaflet I got at the movie theaters.

Drats, I didn't get a Regigigas because I didn't bother buying an advance-purchase ticket.

Moi.

I think I got ownt.
    Years
  • Okay the news on shaymin is: you get shaymin from an event for the 11th movie.

With this 11th movie shaymin in your party go to flamora town, and there should be a blonde girl there.
    She gives you the glacedia flower and its free to use on any shaymin you may have.

splosh

Russian Reversaler
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    Um, I've just defeated Byron and I think you're supposed to go to the library with your rival, but in my case he appears to be blocking the entrance......

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • I saw on one of Marriland's videos, you can get it at the Solaceon Ruins. :mudkip;):

EDIT:
    I'm still pretty confused. You DO get Shaymin through an event on Platinum, like in D/P, right?
    Because, you get the Gardecia flower early in game, but I'm not sure if you get Shaymin through game, or event. :\

Wind~

Only the 11th Movie Shaymin works with the Glacidia Flower, meaning even if there IS an in-game Shaymin, it won't work with the Glacidia Flower.

EDIT: I suppose you could get around this by opening a Shaymin and changing its ID and SID to that of the Movie Shaymin...

for anyone who has gotten pretty far in platinum
    Where do you catch Houndour or Houndoom
    I really need to know

I found mine at night on the route below Hearthome City. (Houndour - Lv22)

Um, I've just defeated Byron and I think you're supposed to go to the library with your rival, but in my case he appears to be blocking the entrance......

You need to get strength. It is now found at Iron Island. Talk to the sailor and he takes you to Iron Island. Riley will be waiting for you, blocking the entrance. He gives you HM03 (Strength) then goes inside. You can now follow him and obtain the Riolu egg similar to DP, or go back to Canalave, and your Rival will now let you in the library.

Last edited:

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • what are the types of the new rotom forms and how do you get them?

-Frost Forme (Blizzard)
    -Wash Forme (Hydro Pump)
    -Heat Forme (Overheat)
    -Cut Forme (Leaf Storm)
    -Spin Forme (Air Cutter)

They all are Electric/Ghost type with their own unique moves. You get them by using an Item known as the Secret Key in a certain location, which can only be obtained via Mystery Gift WiFi or Wireless in a store in Japan hosting the event. Based on the location determines which forme Rotom will be. And the event begins on September 28.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • Hey! Can someone tell me what I have to do after I beat Byron? Because the Rival stays in front of Canalave Library and don't let you enter...

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • Tortured_Soul said:
    You need to get strength. It is now found at Iron Island. Talk to the sailor and he takes you to Iron Island. Riley will be waiting for you, blocking the entrance. He gives you HM03 (Strength) then goes inside. You can now follow him and obtain the Riolu egg similar to DP, or go back to Canalave, and your Rival will now let you in the library.

:D

Thanks for the Shaymin .sav file. Now i've got a Skymin too. ;)

~T_S

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    thanks
    now i know where to catch houndour thanks alot guys!!!!!!!!
    route below harthrome hey?
    okay thanks again!

splosh

Russian Reversaler
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016

Thanks for that, and Kike-Scott I think this is the solution to your problem too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back