• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: PlatinumQoL - Now compatible with Following Platinum

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2023
    Are you planning to add things like the B/W repel system, decapitalization, or updated move sets?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Are you planning to add things like the B/W repel system, decapitalization, or updated move sets?
    While I would like to add them, for the B/W repel and remove overworld poison damage it would take assembly knowledge as it doesn't seem anyone has done it yet.
    Right now I'm looking trough how to remove the Surf HM requirements, which are also hardcoded, so at most if I ever figure this out I could look how to implement those things.
    I didn't think about capitalization, I'll look into it.
    I don't plan to update movesets as I would like to leave the battles as close to the original as possible.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • I know not that many people play them anymore, but would it be possible for you to backport some of the changes to Diamond and Pearl? Most importantly the trade evolutions, HM changes, and event Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    how about to make use of new universal pokemon game randomizer ZX it has more features
    Randomizers only work using Vanilla game offsets, it's theoretically possible to make a fork to work with ROMHacks but I don't really know how to find the offsets.
    What you can do is randomize a vanilla game and then transfer the wild encounter and/or trainer data narc files to a ROMHack.

I know not that many people play them anymore, but would it be possible for you to backport some of the changes to Diamond and Pearl? Most importantly the trade evolutions, HM changes, and event Pokemon.
    Platinum and DP have different script commands, so I can't just transfer script files from one game to another. Sorry but it's not something I'm looking forward as I already have other projects to deal with.
    If you're interested in doing it yourself I can point you towards resources for gen 4 scripting.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • Platinum and DP have different script commands, so I can't just transfer script files from one game to another. Sorry but it's not something I'm looking forward as I already have other projects to deal with.
    If you're interested in doing it yourself I can point you towards resources for gen 4 scripting.

I don't know much about scripting yet, but I can try. Resources would be much appreciated but I am very much a beginner when it comes to romhacking.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I don't know much about scripting yet, but I can try. Resources would be much appreciated but I am very much a beginner when it comes to romhacking.
    This video explains the basics pretty well, you may also want to join the discord server linked in the description for more information, if you are interested you can ping me there.
    You will need DSPRE but the version linked in the description is outdated, the new one can be found here: https://github.com/AdAstra-LD/DS-Pokemon-Rom-Editor/releases/tag/v1.7

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I really like this rom, the quality of life changins implamated make the game more enjoyable to play and even more than the original platinum. I think the only things that the hack needs to havr is faster dialogue and the updated moves/updated base stats, but in the momment the rom is amazing. I'll wait happily the next update! (Sorry for my bad english)

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
  • Please don't change moves/base stats, or at least keep a version with them just as they were in the original Platinum. I love how this hack functions as a vanilla+ hack and I don't want to lose it to feature creep.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I really like this rom, the quality of life changins implamated make the game more enjoyable to play and even more than the original platinum. I think the only things that the hack needs to havr is faster dialogue and the updated moves/updated base stats, but in the momment the rom is amazing. I'll wait happily the next update! (Sorry for my bad english)

Thanks! Sorry but I won't be changing base stays or movesets as the goal is to keep the original experience when it comes to battles.
    Also I don't know when the next update will come since I've hit kind of a roadblock and I'm also working on a different project

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Thanks! Sorry but I won't be changing base stays or movesets as the goal is to keep the original experience when it comes to battles.
    Also I don't know when the next update will come since I've hit kind of a roadblock and I'm also working on a different project

I'm fine with no updated base stats or movesets but I think the moves being updated to the most recent like generation 6 would be great. But your rom is really good thanks for making it, and I will happily wait for this project you are working on!

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Waiting for next releases. Enjoying it so far.
    Theres a bug in natures. Some are + +
    Not - +

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Update 1.4 released!
    Changelog:
    -Added a NPC in the Fight Area for triggering dual slot encounters
    PlatinumQoL - Now compatible with Following Platinum

-Fixed text displaying nature effects
    -Added another patch now compatible with a Following Platinum ROM.
    Due to how Following Platinum has new script commands and DSPRE issues with recognizing them, not all features from the regular version are present at the moment. Refer to the feature list for the ones currently present. There might be bugs in game for this reason.

Back