• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: PlatinumQoL - Now compatible with Following Platinum

darthbr

Banned
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Update 1.4 released!
    Changelog:
    -Added a NPC in the Fight Area for triggering dual slot encounters
    PlatinumQoL - Now compatible with Following Platinum

-Fixed text displaying nature effects
    -Added another patch now compatible with a Following Platinum ROM.
    Due to how Following Platinum has new script commands and DSPRE issues with recognizing them, not all features from the regular version are present at the moment. Refer to the feature list for the ones currently present. There might be bugs in game for this reason.

So only safari zone and starters are out from FP right. I Just saw these two

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    So only safari zone and starters are out from FP right. I Just saw these two
    All the mythicals/legendaries from the events except Manaphy egg are also not available at the moment in FP due to the scripting issues. And the dual slot encounter NPC too.

darthbr

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    All the mythicals/legendaries from the events except Manaphy egg are also not available at the moment in FP due to the scripting issues. And the dual slot encounter NPC too.

Oh i see. Dual encounters shouldnt be added at start? Like growlithe in first routes?

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2023
    They only appear if you have the national dex, and that's not a script so no idea how to change that

And if you change the scripts to when you receive the PokéDex, it will already deliver the NationalDex to you? I already managed to do this in Fire Red XD (But in Platinum... This might work!)

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    And if you change the scripts to when you receive the PokéDex, it will already deliver the NationalDex to you? I already managed to do this in Fire Red XD (But in Platinum... This might work!)
    Yes it's possible but I prefer not doing that, I would like to maintain the original progression and regional dex
    Overall I can just move the NPC to another location in the following version, but I prefer to not have inconcistencies and I'm looking into fixing the scripting issue as a whole

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Hello I was playing Following platinum QOL and I wanted my Slowpoke to evolve into a Slowking but when I got a water stone the game told me that Slowpoke can't use a water stone but your page said it would be able to use one and right now I don't know what to do

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Hello! Thank you for incorporating Following Plat into this.

I ran into a bug, however, where fighting on a double battle crashes the game every time without fail.
    Is this a common thing or did I do something wrong in the process? I used the 3541 rom and the non-fairy patch.

I know Following Plat had this bug at some point but then fixed it, so I wonder if it came back after they made the separate non-fairy type patch?

Anyway I'd appreciate any word on the subject. Thank you!

EDIT: I have since then tested the battle multiple times with different options and different settings and even by changing party members around and figured out that double battles only crash when my starter, Piplup, is on the frst slot.
    it is the weirdest thing and super specific. Piplup on the 2nd slot has no issues. Any other mon on the 1st or 2nd slot has no issues. But Piplup on the 1st slot, specifically, crashes double battles.
    I'm going to try and evolve him on the grass (he's lv15) and see if Prinplup also crashes the game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Hello! Thank you for incorporating Following Plat into this.

I ran into a bug, however, where fighting on a double battle crashes the game every time without fail.
    Is this a common thing or did I do something wrong in the process? I used the 3541 rom and the non-fairy patch.

I know Following Plat had this bug at some point but then fixed it, so I wonder if it came back after they made the separate non-fairy type patch?

Anyway I'd appreciate any word on the subject. Thank you!

EDIT: I have since then tested the battle multiple times with different options and different settings and even by changing party members around and figured out that double battles only crash when my starter, Piplup, is on the frst slot.
    it is the weirdest thing and super specific. Piplup on the 2nd slot has no issues. Any other mon on the 1st or 2nd slot has no issues. But Piplup on the 1st slot, specifically, crashes double battles.
    I'm going to try and evolve him on the grass (he's lv15) and see if Prinplup also crashes the game.
    That's a really weird bug, thanks for letting me know. I'll look into it and see if I can reach out to the Following Platinum developer for more information.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    That's a really weird bug, thanks for letting me know. I'll look into it and see if I can reach out to the Following Platinum developer for more information.

I've decided to back up my save because while I was extremely curious about how specific this bug was, I'm just glad I can keep playing through the game. I've attached it to this post in case you or anyone else wants to try and reproduce it. I'm right next to the Twins battle where the problem first occured.

Some more information: I play on a 3DS using TwilightMenu++. Regular DS mode, switching to DSi did nothing.
    Still haven't tried evolving piplup and see if prinplup does the same, but I might do that today.

Thank you for the attention!

View attachment Pokemon PlatinumQoL - Following Edition (piplup bug).sav

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I've decided to back up my save because while I was extremely curious about how specific this bug was, I'm just glad I can keep playing through the game. I've attached it to this post in case you or anyone else wants to try and reproduce it. I'm right next to the Twins battle where the problem first occured.

Some more information: I play on a 3DS using TwilightMenu++. Regular DS mode, switching to DSi did nothing.
    Still haven't tried evolving piplup and see if prinplup does the same, but I might do that today.

Thank you for the attention!

View attachment 103018

It seems to be a Following Platinum issue, I tested it on a regular FP ROM on emulator and still got the same crash when using Piplup as the 1st pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    It seems to be a Following Platinum issue, I tested it on a regular FP ROM on emulator and still got the same crash when using Piplup as the 1st pokemon.

Also! I evolved Piplup last night, and Prinplup has no issues whatsoever on the 1st slot! So I guess Piplup is truly a cursed pokemon for some reason.
    Good to know tho! And thanks for looking into it.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Hello ! Sorry for bothering again and double-posting, but figured i'd warn: the FP patch seems to have broken trade-evolutions as well. At least those that require items.

I've tried levelling up both an Onix with a metal coat equipped and a Porygon with Up-grade and neither evolved. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but that's what the randomizer page says I should be doing at least.
    Unsure if this affects item-less evolutions as well, but I'm training a Graveler too so I will know in due time.

Also, found another pokemon that breaks double battles! Togepi on 1st slot also does the same crash as Piplup.

Just throwing it out there

EDIT: Oh, also, the fossil trading NPC does not work! He doesn't respond to input, pressing 'A' on his spot doesn't seem to do anything.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Hello ! Sorry for bothering again and double-posting, but figured i'd warn: the FP patch seems to have broken trade-evolutions as well. At least those that require items.

I've tried levelling up both an Onix with a metal coat equipped and a Porygon with Up-grade and neither evolved. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but that's what the randomizer page says I should be doing at least.
    Unsure if this affects item-less evolutions as well, but I'm training a Graveler too so I will know in due time.

Also, found another pokemon that breaks double battles! Togepi on 1st slot also does the same crash as Piplup.

Just throwing it out there

EDIT: Oh, also, the fossil trading NPC does not work! He doesn't respond to input, pressing 'A' on his spot doesn't seem to do anything.

You're not bothering at all, thanks again for reporting the bugs you found!

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Hey! This hack seems amazing, I just wanted to ask, how many Pokémon are available in this hack? Is it possible to complete the national dex? Or just the regional dex with some extras?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Update 1.5 released!
    Changelog:
    •All features have been ported to the Following Platinum version which will be the only one to receive updates from now on
    •Fixed bugs with the fossil trader and trade evolutions
    •Pokemon icons have been changed with the gen 6 style ones
    •Decapitalized all pokemon names in battle
    •The Secret Key can be obtained after capturing Rotom and the Rotom room is now accessible correctly with working Rotom forms change
    •The member card can be obtained from the Sailor after saving his son with the Lunar Wing

Hey! This hack seems amazing, I just wanted to ask, how many Pokémon are available in this hack? Is it possible to complete the national dex? Or just the regional dex with some extras?
    At the moment every pokemon is available except for 13 legendaries/mythicals from gens 1-3

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    What are the unavailable legendaries? I'm guessing the legendaries that aren't in vanilla platinum but are in this hack are the Latis

Back