• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: PlatinumQoL - Now compatible with Following Platinum

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Awesome update man. I think switching to using Following Platinum as the go-to base is the right call given how popular that mod is already.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Update 1.5.1 released!
    PlatinumQoL - Now compatible with Following Platinum

Changelog:
    -Fixed the Pal Park not being properly accessible and assigned the correct encounter file
    -Fixed the text not appearing while receiving the Member Card in canalave
    -Added Suicune as static encounter to lake acuity
    -Added Raikou as static encounter to Valley Windworks
    -Added Entei as static encounter to outside Stark Mountain
    -Added Jirachi as static encounter to the ?! Unown Room in Solaceon ruins
    -Added Celebi as static encounter to Celestic Town shrine

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Oh shit! I just coincidentally came to this thread today to read an old post and was very happy to find not one but * two * updates.
    Highly appreciate the fixes to trade evolutions and the gen 6 icons are a very welcome visual addition.

This is great, thank you!

EDIT: Huh, for some reason I am not able to patch the rom. I get the following error:

- An error has occurred: xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

I have tried with both a Following Plat freshly patched rom and a vanilla one, but I get the same error for both.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    I absolutely love this hack so far! It has almost all I ever wanted in Platinum :D

One thing I'm wondering: Since the fps unlock menu option replaces the button configuration one, now it's stuck on L=A, making L and R nonfunctional inside the PC. Is there any way to change that back? I tried loading the save with a vanilla platinum rom to see if I could change that, but it wouldn't load.

On another note, are texts that don't fit the changed mechanics in the scope of this project? Like Professor Rowan warning me that I can only use a TM once when he gives me Return.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I absolutely love this hack so far! It has almost all I ever wanted in Platinum :D

One thing I'm wondering: Since the fps unlock menu option replaces the button configuration one, now it's stuck on L=A, making L and R nonfunctional inside the PC. Is there any way to change that back? I tried loading the save with a vanilla platinum rom to see if I could change that, but it wouldn't load.

On another note, are texts that don't fit the changed mechanics in the scope of this project? Like Professor Rowan warning me that I can only use a TM once when he gives me Return.

I can try look into it but unfortunately that seems something beyond my skill level. I never thought about those dialogues, can be misleading, I'll change them in the next update.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2023
    this is really good also two things
    1. i have an idea for a legendary location if your seeking ideas on the last couple missing ones, mew appears on fullmoon island after catching cresselia and receiving the members card
    2. either i have the worst luck, or glameow & purugly dont appear on route 222, its not a big deal since they do appear in their other locations, but i just wanted to point it out
    edit: one extra thing, if you could figure out how to remove the game punishing you for time travelling that would be good
    another edit: it seems you cant descend waterfalls apparently unless you bite the bullet and teach a pokemon waterfall

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2023
    also the sinnoh starters stuff seems to be messed up, professor rowan walks through your following pokemon to talk to you about it, and for some reason i could only get piplup before it told me that "The suitcase is empty"
    it works fine if you know in advance to only interact with it with 2 open slots, but if you interact with it with no open slots then your stuck only being able to get piplup

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2023
    sorry for so many comments but it seems that the shaymin event is bugged too, theres just no shaymin at flower paradise, leaving and reentering and resetting doesnt seem to fix it either

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Thanks for reporting the issue, I'll look into fixing that for the next update.
    What do you mean the game punishing you for time travelling? Like when changing the clock that all time based events in game won't change for 24 hours as well or something like that? It sounds like not really possible without a major code rewrite

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2023
    the route 218 ditto pokeradar encounter seems to not be working as well, but once again i could just have the worst luck

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I've checked all the encounter files, only route 222 is to be the same as vanilla for some reason, all the others have the version exclusives added. However I will bump up Ditto encounter rate from 10% to 20% since it's still the only way to get it aside from daily trophy garden encounters

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2023
    I LOVE this.
    I was looking to revisit platinum but I wanted a little more. Not the whole renegade experience.
    I wanted to be able to get all sinnoh pokemon and nothing else! (Getting johto pokemon outside of johto breaks immersion for me for example)
    The events being restored, it being compatible with Following platinum, etc...
    This really is for me the best experience.
    I know people usually want more from a hack, but for me... This... this is the gold standard. THANK YOU.
    If you EVER do the same for the other DS pokemon games, I'll give you my soul. I've searched everywhere for a hack that will allow me to catch all the pokemon from the game's respective regions (for HGSS the ones from Johto and Kanto (in Johto and Kanto respectively)) but no one has done anything like that.
    Really, truly... Thank you.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    New update 1.6 relased!
    PlatinumQoL - Now compatible with Following Platinum

Changelog:
    •The national dex can now be completed in its entirety. Check the Event and Pokemon location page for documentation on how to obtain all legendaries and mythicals.
    •Fixed Prof. Rowan Lab event bug where you couldn't receive the other two Sinnoh Starters and cutscene glitch with Following pokemon
    •Fixed the Route 222 encounter file and increased Ditto PokeRadar encounter rate from 10% to 20%
    •Changed in game text about the reusability of TMs

Back