• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Platinum hack: PlatinumQoL - Now compatible with Following Platinum

Years
Hello, sorry if my English is not very good, I am using a translator.
I have detected some problems where apparently when fighting with Kirlia in some double fights (specifically the Young Couple) the game freezes.
I don't know if it's an isolated case or a general problem.
There is also an unused stairwell on Route 215 (just off Veilstone City).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Yes there is a bug in Following Platinum that sometimes causes double battles to crash, it's not something I can fix unfortunately. At first I thought it was related to gift pokemon but seems way more inconsistent, I suggest saving before double battles and swapping the first and second pokemon in your party to see if it doesn't crash.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 8, 2022
Having a bug where there is a Protector item in the Distortion World where the Griseous Orb is supposed to be.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Small update 1.6.1 released!
Changelog:
•Reusable repel has been implemented
•Fixed a ladder appearing out of nowhere in Route 215
•Fixed Navel Rock peak map not displaying textures correctly
•Fixed Turtwig's line gen 6 style icon sprite (thanks again to Dakress)
•Replaced the Stardust in Turnback Cave Giratina's room with Griseous Orb. This is a workaround because for some reason the one in the distortion world got swapped with a Protector, but at the same time the tool I use can't edit map files for the Distortion World.
•Fixed a typo in the added dialogue

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 8, 2022
Oof, I hope not all items are scrambled. Did any other item seem out of place?

I didn't notice anything for any other significant items throughout my playthrough. Also one other minor thing that I'm not sure is intentional is that when you get the other starters from Rowan's lab, you can interact with the briefcase repeatedly to get multiple Pokemon up to as many empty party slots you have, instead of just 1.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
You mean you can get more than one of each starter you didn't pick? Then no, it's not intended

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 25, 2023
Can I apply an update to an already patched ROM? Or should I apply the patches again?
What to do with the saved games? :O

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Can I apply an update to an already patched ROM? Or should I apply the patches again?
What to do with the saved games? :O
You need to apply the patch to a clean Pokemon Platinum ROM. As for the save, you should be able to use the same save file, as long as you've saved in-game.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
You need to apply the patch to a clean Pokemon Platinum ROM. As for the save, you should be able to use the same save file, as long as you've saved in-game.

This is not true, it has to be patched on a Following Platinum ROM. You are correct about saves.

Years
The game freezes when starting a fight or leaving a city or using Fly.
Will it be the online patcher?
In fact the game went from 128 MB to only 80 MB at the time of patching it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
You are right, for some reason xdelta cut the patch file size which resulted in a wrong ROM size, no idea how this happened but should be fixed with the version I've just uploaded

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2023
Ok I don't know if I'm just having really bad luck but I think the GBA Pokemon spawns aren't working.
Update: I picked the Fire Red encounters and got Pineco to appear in route 229 which is supposed to be an Emerald encounter.
Update 2: I picked Leaf Green encounters and got Fire Red encounters.
Update 3: So it seems picking Sapphire encounters gives you nothing and picking Ruby encounters gives you Sapphire ones. Leaf Green encounters are unobtainable.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Yep there was an issue with order of the script, now it should be fixed in the new 1.6.2 update
Changelog:
•All added myhtical and legendary wild encounters will play the default Platinum legendary theme
•Fixed scripting issue with the dual slot cartridge NPC
•Fixed possible scripting issue that may freeze the game when losing against some of the added legendary encounters.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2023
I cant find a new room in the Galactic Lab after catching Heatran, is it in the Galactic HQ?

Last edited:
Years
It would be a great addition to be able to get some Battle Frontier TM's in the adventure like Thunder Wave, Calm Mind or Bulk Up or at least reduce their price (Like White 2/Black 2).

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
I uploaded a small update, there was a bug where the Mewtwo room was inaccessible even after completing the Stark Mountain storyline but now it should be fixed.

It would be a great addition to be able to get some Battle Frontier TM's in the adventure like Thunder Wave, Calm Mind or Bulk Up or at least reduce their price (Like White 2/Black 2).

I don't plan on making items normally accessible post game available before beating the champion but I can look into lowering the price.

Back