• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen playing through silver for the first time (where is a leafstone?)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jun 26, 2022
I'm a long time fan who was always terrible at games so when I was younger I played red and yellow a little bit but never completed the game. I'm playing through silver now, and stuck at Blackthorn gym. I'm searching all over for a leafstone to evolve my Weepinbell now but all the help I've looked up leads me to Kanto. Any help for finding the leafstone or this part of the game?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Appears to only be in Kanto (Route 25) in Silver, according to Bulbapedia. Could get one via Mystery Gift too, technically. (Good luck. Counts 15 other items under the "Rare" category.) Requires trading one over otherwise.

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
Years
More specifically, you get it from Bill's grandfather in the cottage at the end of Route 25, after showing him an Oddish. You only get one in-game, so choose who you use it on wisely (or clone it first)!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Oct 9, 2022
I'm a long time fan who was always terrible at games so when I was younger I played red and yellow a little bit but never completed the game. I'm playing through silver now, and stuck at Blackthorn gym. I'm searching all over for a leafstone to evolve my Weepinbell now but all the help I've looked up leads me to Kanto. Any help for finding the leafstone or this part of the game?

I believe you can only get one leafstone in silver from bills dad on route 25(bills house in gen1).in crystal there are NPCs who phone you and give you stones from time to time.my suggestion is find someone playing crystal who needs a mareep or remoraid and so on and is willing to trade pokemon holding their excess stones for pokemon they cant catch in their own version.it will save them at least 100 hours of restarting silver/gold and is well worth it imo

Back