• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please complete the entry title.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
  • Well, yesterday was Friday, so it follows that today is Saturday, yes? You can assume that, but for all most of you you know, the week in New Zealand goes MTuWThFSuSa. So it might well be Sunday right here.

/endrandom

I've had a good first week back at school. Didn't do my History homework, but meh. I got a good book and a half read. So let's have a review.

The Looking-Glass Wars by Frank Beddor

First off, this book is based off, obviously, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland or whatever it's called. So it's basically fanfiction. (I can actually say that on here and have people know what I mean, unlike real life.) It purports that the original story, with its comically evil Queen of Hearts and grinning Cheshire Cat was a version of what really happened that was twisted around to make it more 'kid-friendly'. It then proceeds to tell the real story of Alyss Heart, Princess of Wonderland. It's a wonderful story, and the characters are easy to recognise, yet totally different.

For example, the Cheshire Cat was ostensibly a warped wersion of The Cat. The Cat is the head assassin of Queen Redd, and he's a human-sized, anthropomorphic cat with large talons that he enjoys using to tear people to shreds.

So it's a different take on things. A lot more comedy, but much more action and bloodshed as well, which is more my thing.

Definitely worth reading. 8/10.

Eeurgh, I just felt so sick all of a sudden and had to rush outside to get some fresh air in order to avoid throwing up on my computer. >_< It was cold out there (think 6.30am in summer pajamas), but it obviously worked, cos I'm good now. OK, now I've got that out of the way . . . >_>

Back to my week. As well as reading a good book and half of a not-so-good book (it's all Roman politics, eergh. Where is the bloodshed?!), I got Part I of my twoshot finished and posted here. It's my pet project right now, and I'm currently writing the incredimably (yes there's a ma in there) violent Part II. So check it out if you like a) sci-fi, b) screwed-up romance, c) uber-angst, d) robots, e) me, or f) all of the above.

I'm currently listening to Will's radio show. I think he left a link to it somewhere on the blogs . . . somewhereS. It's playing November Rain right now which is alll goooood.

Anyway, what else, um. We have a school-wide singing competition next week, which I'm not looking forward to. I can't sing for peanuts, and I miss out on one of my favourite subjects to do it. What kind of BS is that?

Anyway, I need to go be writing some more. This blog wasn't quite so long as some of the others, right? I can't be bothered doing a tl;dr version.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Please, I've read that book 5 times and I still love it.

Matter Haddigan for the win.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • First off good luck on the singing competition.. :D

Why is it switched in New Zealand? :D

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Over down in NZ you are at least on Saturday at 8 in the morning? I think so cause its at least 11 hours ahead of me. So anyway saturday? I don't think so. I believe its called....
    caturday_7319.jpg

600px-718smiley.svg.png

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • Yes, it's Caturday. I was just screwing around. Yes, Chris, Hatter Madigan ftw.

And singing . . . eue, not looking forward to.

Bay

Years
  • Mitchman;bt27247 said:
    Over down in NZ you are at least on Saturday at 8 in the morning? I think so cause its at least 11 hours ahead of me. So anyway saturday? I don't think so. I believe its called....
    caturday_7319.jpg
    Oh my gosh, I love that pic! :3

Misheard Whisper

Years
  • lolcats are ftw.

And no. Lack of interest in sports, I have. Embodiment of the dark side, they are. Simply a method to vent one's anger, they become, hmm? Especially rugby,

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    They make fun of sports, but thats just so it can get on TV. The rest of the show is hilarious.

Back