• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please rate this team tell me what you think.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    Team Building Process:

Infernape

Infernape is a great physical sweeper so why not have him on my team.

Infernape Swampert

Tentacruel & Gyarados are the most common Infernape counters, so knowing ThunderPunch can take care out Gyarados with the SD boost, give or take Intimidate, I decided to go with Swampert because he is the best Tentacruel counter.

Infernape Swampert
    Gliscor

Knowing all of Swampert's counters can easily be taunted by Gliscor and be countered by someone else Gliscor fit the picture. The only problem is some of the foe's might be packing Ice Beam so I'm open to suggestions here.

Infernape Swampert Gliscor
    Metagross

Since all of Gliscors counters are bulky water types packing Waterfall/Surf/Ice Beam I figure Metagross packing ThunderPunch is the best way to go here as ThunderPunch OHKO's even the bulkiest Gyarados but Vaporeon/Suicune can heal off the damage metagross does and stall it out so again open to suggestions.

Infernape Swampert Gliscor
    Metagross
    Blissey

Blissey have no problem dealing with Metagross' counters and Vaporeon/Suicune are completely walled by Blissey so why not go with the best special wall in the game.

Infernape Swampert Gliscor Metagross Blissey
    Donphan

Donphan being very Defensibly bulky can counter those fighting type counters like a champ. Also having access to rapid spin can easily take away SR and Spikes. With access to assurance he can get rid of those pesky ghost type who would otherwise be a viable threat to this team.

Looking at the team I have multiple accesses to SR, A special wall, and most of my pokes are defensively bulky (except Infernape and Blissey). And looking at it could be a viable counter to a sandstorm team as 4 of 6 are resisted to it. Now to the move sets:

The Lead:

Swampervrt/Swampert @Leftovers
    EV's 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Relaxed Nature / Torrent
    -Stealth Rock
    -Earthquake
    -Ice Beam
    -Roar

The Rapid Spinner:

Donphan @Leftovers
    EV's 252 HP / 188 AtK / 68 Def
    Adamant Nature / Sturdy
    -Rapid Spin
    -Earthquake
    -Assurance
    -Ice Shard

The Physical Wall:

Gliscor @Leftovers
    EV's 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature / Hyper Cutter
    -Taunt
    -Earthquake
    -Roost
    -U-turn

The Physical Sweeper:

Infernape @Life Orb
    EV's 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature / Blaze
    -Close Combat
    -Flare Blitz/Fire Punch
    -Swords Dance
    -ThunderPunch

The Special Wall:

Blissey @Leftovers
    EV's 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
    Bold Nature / Natural Cure
    -Wish
    -Protect
    -Thunderbolt
    -Toxic

The Physical Sweeper #2:

Metagross @Choice Band
    EV's 252 HP / 236 Atk / 12 Def / 8 Spe
    Adamant Nature / Clear Body
    -Bullet Punch
    -Meteor Mash
    -Earthquake
    -Thunderpunch

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • Note: I don't need suggestions for a Mixed/Special Sweeper, as it will drastically change this team.

a special sweeper can help your team, as when your infernape is gone
    a defensive skarmory will completely wall your team.

i cant offer much help, but what i said was obvious (no offence :) )

but i do like your team :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2010
    I do realize a Mixed/Special Sweeper would help a lot but Metagross Isn't the greatest at special and SD Infernape is far better than Mixape although Mixape is better for wall-breaking.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • well, then maybe try a starmie for a rapid spinner + special sweeper ?
    im not good with teams :)
    but if you wanna test your team i'll help, i vmed you :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Mixape weak.

Anyway, something more important.

I dont really see what this team does. It doesn't have a strategy at all. Using easy to wall stuff and easy to set up on things is asking for a torrid time. Stall and offense are both going to overwhelm this. This team is in the middle basically, not doing anything. Its one of those poor balanced teams that DO NOT WORK. You NEED a strategy.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123757

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...59&postcount=6

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=205008

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=209090

^read those.

I find myself posting this alot. Yes covering weaknesses is important, but being able to execute a strategy is just as important - if not more. Team building is covering weaks aswell as putting your OWN strategy into effect. Sitting back and not doing anything apart from taking hits really isn't going to win you matches. TL;DR 4 random walls/tanks + a random ape and CB Gross isn't gonna work. You need to support that better i.e Entey Hazards to compensate for your lack of offense and to wear down CB Goss/Ape counters or heck even a Gyarados to take advantage of the water types who switch into ape and get owned by its boosted hits. Ya know just SOMETHING lol. Basically what do you want this team to do and how are you gonna do it ?

Last edited:

Gardenia101

Official Lurker
    Years
  • Exactly what Dark Azelf said.
    You can't merely focus on covering weaknesses, because if you don't have some good strategy with the pokemon you're protecting, there's no point in covering weaknesses anyway. Besides; Many pokemon, especially Normal-Type pokemon, can pull off attacks unrelated to their own attacks. Covering y a grass type's weakness for fire won't work when you are against Togekiss, for instance. You can't block all of your weakesses easily with any kind of move, but if you get some good strategy to go with your pokemon you should be able to handle your weaknesses quite easily. Maybe I can try battling you to tell you what I mean

Back