• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pleasure Cruise [Rated 18+]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
OK ^^ I wasn't sure about the black magic part; I really just wanted her to have herbal knowledge, at least ><' But yeah, it would be pretty unfair for her to know magic now, wouldn't it?

Kogenta

Lost Realist
Years
[OOC:
Goodbye, Farewell, & Amen: Yes, mostly length.
]

The day the S.S. Maria sailed was as beautiful and serene as any vacationer could hope for. Sky and sea were lit a bright, almost surreal blue by the warm sunlight. Across the ocean's surface a gentle breeze swept--salty in smell and taste, but cool and soothing to the skin. A white bow wave was raised by the ship as it split the waters, creating a spray not high enough to reach those on the deck, but wide enough to form a rainbow visible to anyone who cared to look for it.

Captain Fin checked the ship's readouts, enjoying the weather and humming a happy tune to himself as he considered the possibilities for the upcoming cruise. This is as smooth sailing as a man'll ever get. I hope the rest of the trip goes this well. He straightened and stretched before turning to look down from his vantage point on the top deck.

---------

In the kitchen, Jack leaned back against a counter and folded his arms. His dark eyes showed signs of exasperation, yet were not ill-humored. "Come on, Lily, be serious," he sighed with a shake of his head. Lily giggled as she nervously straightened her knee-length black skirt. With each note of laughter, her ponytail of glossy blonde hair moved and shone. Leaning over a pot of soup, Chef Paul muttered angry words to himself and sprinkled pepper into the mix of broth, vegetables, and chopped chicken.

----------

An open book of discouragingly large size and despairingly small print in his lap, Dr. Mortimer sat beside the desk in his office quietly reading. About him stood various cabinets and drawers containing the tools of his trade, while to his left a curtain divided off a bed for his patients. A knock on the door caused the doctor to look up. Adjusting his glasses, he responded, "Yes?"

"It's me, Will. I'm here to check that wobbly shelf."

Mortimer closed the volume. "Of course, thank you. Please come in."

----------

"I told you we should've turned on the lights first."

"No, you didn't."

"Yes, I did."

"No, you didn't."

". . . Yeah, I didn't."

Crash!

Sam lay at the base of the stairs of the ship's bottom deck, his dropped crate beside him. Sitting up in the darkness, he ruefully rubbed his back. "Ow . . ."

"Hold on, Sam! I'm coming," Terry called as he attempted to turn in the narrow stairwell. Crash! The boy tumbled down the stairs as gravity and an awkward turn wrest his own crate from his hands. "Uhnn . . . Was that you I landed on, Sam?"

"Yeah."

"What about my box?"

"That landed on me, too."

[OOC:

At this point, you have not been informed of the true purpose of the cruise. The current time is 2:15 (the cruise began at 1:00), and during boarding you were asked to meet in the ballroom at 3:30 for an important announcement. Until then, feel free to mingle, finish settling in, or enjoy any of the ship's activities.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to post the room assignments last night.

Character (RPer) [Room number]:
Victor Vien (Allelujah Haptism) [105]
Zephaniah Xylon (Callandor) [116]
Hiken "Ken" Kuroyami/Inaba Shinjin (TwilitDusk) [200]
Linda Clennell (Rabbit) [102]
Gregor Aurion (Captain Blue) [210]
Kyle Lopez/Kayley (JBCBlank) [119]
Jon Blaque (Lostt) [217]
Eli Lesser Que (~|symphony♪) [205]
Timothy Bellwood (.Sublime) [118]
Cierra Clover Riley (Serene) [220]
Giuseppe "Joe" Couragio Ventresca (Goodbye, Farewell, & Amen) [213]

I would have allowed you to keep your room number, Serena; but the ship does not have a room 333. Only two decks of rooms exist, and the room numbers go from 1 -20. I gave you the closest number, though. ^-^;;

If you forget your room number, it is listed in the OOC thread. ]

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Jon dressed differently than normal today. Instead of the average suit, he was dressed in a blue Hawaiin shirt with palm trees, and loose blue jeans, atop his head were sunglasses. He. was standing over the railing looking into the water with Serena at his side. He was staring intently into the water, not knowing that she was looking at him. It was a little hard to say good bye, but he was going, and she was going. Without looking at her he began his good-bye. "Serena, I know that we are gonna get married and all, but I have decided to let you spend a couple of weeks at your parents and with girlfriends to think about it. You always could change your mind, and I just don't want to impose something upon you that you will regret later. So, while you are at your mothers, I was set up on a cruise. I will truly miss you." He gaze was still locked on the water.

It was silent for a good ten minutes. "Ok" came Serena's soft reply. "But don't worry, I love you. Jon, you are the only one for me. I would have never said yes to you if I even had the slightest doubt. I have never felt this way about anyone before."

"What is the feeling?" Jon interrupted her, finally looking up.

"It is like.. like.." she paused to think for a moment,"like a million tiny bugs moving around inside of me. You are such a nice person and always treat with respect. You are unlike any man I have met before, Jon. I love you." She stopped and looked at him.

"Do you?"

"Yes."

"Forever?"

"Forever and a day."

"Ok, I love you forever and two days" Jon said getting a little competitive.

"Three" Serena responded.

"Four"

"Five"

"Six" Jon whispered in her ear. Then he heard the sounds of the approaching boat and gave her a quick kiss. He headed for the end of the dock to wait for the boat.

"Wait" called Serena.

"Huh?"

The boat was pretty much there and Jon began climbing up the deck into the boat. "What?" He yelled to her.

Just as Jon was about to enter Serena yelled "Seven!" That marked her winning of their little game. Jon laughed. "Ah, that is one of the reasons I fell in love with her" Jon said to the crew member standing next to the door. They already had his bags and were taking them to his room.

The crew member at the door spoke up,"Sir, your room number is 217. I hope you find your accommodations to your liking." He paused and walked over to Jon, fumbled around in his pockets and pulled out a key. "Here is your key, sir. Oh, and what may I have the pleasure of addressing you by?

Jon felt in a good mood and decide to introduce himself like James Bond. "Blaque" He paused for a moment,"Jon Blaque" He chuckled a bit and took the keys. "And who are you?"

"I am Fin" He paused."Captain Fin" he said imitating Jon. He gave a light smile and then remembered about the meeting. "Oh, you have to be in the Ballroom at three-thirty for a meeting"

Everything went black.
~~~
Jon woke up, his head on the chair in his room and the rest of him on the floor. He stood up and wiped the drool from his mouth. His cellphone buzzed. He picked it up, and red the screen "3 Missed Calls" He pressed the view button and they were from Serena. His phone lit up abd buzzed. "One new Text Message, from Serena." He flipped it open. -hey were r u Did u get on safely Y didnt you call me bck- He hit the call button and it called her.

"Hello" came Serena's soft voice.

"Err.. Hi" replied Jon. "Sorry I didn't call immediately, I fell asleep, you know because I had to wake up super early. So, yeah I got on safely. So, what is so important?"

"I just wanted to make sure you got on safe ok?"

"Ok"

"I love you"

"I love you too. Bye, I have to go meet some of the other people around here, okay?"

"Okay, Bye"

"Bye" Jon hung up the phone and slipped it into his pocket. I could meet people up on the deck, and the fresh air will be nice. Jon headed for the stairs and noticed the theater on his way there. He climbed up the stairs and onto the deck. "Oh, right the meeting.." he checked the time -2:17-. "Ok I have time to spare." He walked over and got one of the long beach chairs and set it up. He sat in and pulled the sunglasses down over his eyes. To make sure he didn't fall asleep he pulled out his iPod and turned on loud heavy metal music. The song wasn't something he recognized, but it had a nice touch. He waited for what felt like twenty minutes for someone to come. No one came. He checked the time, -2:19-. Jon shrugged it off and listened to the strumming of the guitar and pounding of the drums.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
A silhouette emerged from the shadows. Cierra thought it to be her sick mother. After a staredown for a few moments, the mother reached a cold, pale hand out towards her daughter. Cierra looked at her, wide-eyed, and moved back. But her mother continued moving towards her.

"You'll join your father Cierra. Come here, he's with me..." she said, her voice almost a moan.

"Leave me alone!" Cierra exclaimed. "LEAVE. ME. ALONE!!!" It went dark. All around her, the shadows began taking form, and Cierra soon realized those forms to be her parents, as well as her late great aunt. They were calling her to join them, join them in a world of darkness.

"Leave me alone, please..." Cierra whimpered. The darkness soon fell back, and there was nothing but a peak of light shining at Cierra directly. Cierra fell back on the ground, arms and legs spread out, and closed her eyes.

Something soft, wet. Is it raining? No, wait, even if it were, I'm inside my cabin. Yeah, that's right, room 333. This is a cruise. I'm getting away from it all. So if that's not rain... Opening her eyes carefully, Cierra startled the sweet black cat, who was apparently licking her face.

"You woke me up, Gateau," Cierra said calmly to her cat. "But thank you. I was having that nightmare again." The cat seemed to smile, and it then went to join its companion, the gray cat Serene. Cierra looked out her window, and saw the clear blue sky on the gentle, almost-blue waves. She sighed, and turned around. I can finally get away from it all, she thought. Finally...

Cierra began recalling what had happened earlier. It was roughly 12:30. She ended up being late for the boarding, so she had to rush through the marketplace to get to the docks. She remembered how her cats grew tired, and she had to carry them along with her luggage. She dressed like a regular person would, but she had her regular outfit in the suitcase, hat included. If anyone asked about the cauldron, she'd say it was for in case of a leak in her room.

As she got on the boat, she was told to go to the ballroom around 3:30, where an important announcement would be made. She was then given a key, labeled "333" on it. At first, Cierra thought it some kind of joke, but the person who gave it out to her shrugged, so she ignored the number and went on down to her room.

"OK, guys, who wants a late lunch?" Cierra asked the two cats. Both ran up to her, their tails swishing back and forth. Cierra brought her cauldron from off one of the hooks (which were meant for towels or wet clothes) and got out a couple other materials, including a pan, some sticks to put on the pan, some matches, and some herbs. She began by lighting the sticks with one of the matches, and fortunately, the pan was thick enough a fire on the ship couldn't start. She filled up her cauldron with some water, and place it over the fire. As soon as the water boiled, Cierra tossed in some herbs and waited patiently.

After a while, the meal was complete. It was moist, but still solid nonetheless, just how her cats liked it. Cierra poured the concoction into each of their bowls, and then poured the rest into a jar for safekeeping. She proceeded to wash her cauldron with some herbs that surprisingly cleaned the cauldron dry, and hung the cauldron back on the rack when she was through. Looking at the clock, Cierra realized she had maybe forty-five minutes left until the meeting. She had woken up around 2:15, and it took roughly thirty minutes to get the meal for the cats. Sighing, Cierra laid back down on her bed and began humming a tune softly to herself.

The tune was quite nostalgic, as Cierra thought it to be. Its sad, haunting melody reminded her of how her father tragically died, and how her mother was placed in one of those mental asylums. As she continued humming the tune, tears softly rolled down her cheeks. After realizing this, Cierra stopped and wiped the tears away. It's OK, she reminded herself, they're in a better place. Both of them... She went back to humming again, but hummed a lesser nostalgic tune this time, to wash the feeling of sadness away as the ship moved over the calm, almost-blue waters...

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
"I ain't got nothin' on you babe, I ain't got nothin' but you babe, we gotta stick it through the sticks, yeah, yeah," Victor Vien, looking not a day over twenty-four, was very slowly making his way around the cruise ship, peering curiously at the lavish surroundings that were nothing like his $800 rental studio. As he recited the steady beating words that were pulsing through his chunky headphones around his neck, the volume turned up, Vic dodged other passengers by spinning around them, making a rhythmic dance just by walking. It was just the way Vic rolled. "Gotta bring it up, gotta pick it up, dance m'man, dance dance- Pshaaaaaa!" Vic stalled, his toes up and his hands in the air like a DJ. He loosened after a few seconds, an amused smile on his face as he unlocked the door to room 105.

"Well dang this ain't whatchu see every day down in the home." Vic looked around, chewing on his words and feeling incredibly out of place, "Well whatever." He continued in a normal manner of speech, pulling out his mp3 player and tossing it along with his headphones onto the bed. "This is kind of more strung up then I'd expected." He muttered to himself, dropping his backpack on the floor and nodding in an impressed kind of way at his luggage, which was already sitting on the stand. "Effecient." He observed, "Clean. Luxiurious." He rubbed his chin, narrowing a scrutinizing eye at the hotel-esque room. "Buuut, I think it'll take a little more convincing. Still likin' London."

For some reason, Vic had felt very alone in being that so many people had other people seeing them off, while Vic marched right aboard without saying his goodbyes to anyone. Well, sure he'd told his crew that he'd be off playin' a rich boy for awhile, but it's not like he dragged any of them out here. Not that they would've come anyway. "Man those rich peeps don't want us down there!" They'd say. Vic didn't see how his case was any different, since he lived just like them, regardless of the fact that he had plenty of money to live in an apartment that actually had paint on the walls and flooring other than poured concrete. He didn't mind though.

It made experiences like this all the more rewarding.

Glancing at his watch, Vic compared it with the alarm clock on the nightstand. Now, what to do until 3:30...?

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2009
Ken paced inside his room. The deck was too crowded to watch the ocean, and the wind was blowing the wrong way even if everyone did clear out. The room was too small, and they didn't have a dojo...

Great, now he sounded like he was whining.

Sitting down on the bed, he sighed to himself. He was supposed to enjoy this, take it as a break from his training and competitions... but when you did something for so long, it became strange to suddenly have it removed from your life.

He got up, heading onto the deck. Maybe he'd meet someone interesting there, anyway...

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
'**YOU'VE WON**' Blinked on the computer screen. Under the large text was a slightly smaller link, saying, 'Learn More!'. Before exiting the small pop-up on the library computer, like Eli would've normally done, his mouse seemed to control itself and had clicked on the link saying 'Learn More!'.

Another tab opened on the monitor, this one more vividly colored.

'Congratulations!' Eli read at the top of the screen. 'YOU have won a luxury cruise on the S.S. Maria – free of charge. There are absolutely no gimmicks or catches. All you have to do is print of a brochure explaining how to get to the docks, and telling you more about this exclusive cruise.

'Print Brochure Now' another link read, and Eli once again clicked it without thinking.

I can't believe I've fallen for this, Eli thought, but I've actually won a cruise! Now all I have to do is relax.

He heard the printer stop making the loud annoying noises signifying the printer is at work, and rushed over to get the brochure before anyone else was able to get it and steal his trip.

On the back of the paper it read, 'Free admission to the S.S. Maria,' then in smaller print, 'Winner of free admission through Internet giveaway,'. Eli sat down on one of the comfortable chairs in the library. He read through almost all of the writing on the brochure before finally coming across the date and time that he needed to be on the docks.

'1:00 on 6/23/09'

Crap. That's today… I better get going, Eli thought.

He gathered what little stuff he had: his contact case and solution, his dorky wire-rimmed glasses, his jacket, and his flute. Can't forget the flute. He ran out of the library, and could swear he would have died if looks could kill: the librarian was staring a hole through his back; Eli could feel her eyes beating down on him.

Once on the streets, away from the demented librarian, he quickly made his way to the docks. He glanced at his watch, which read 12:52. He ran the rest of the way to the S.S. Maria once he was aware of how late he was.

As he approached the ship, he could tell he was late. He could see people waving goodbye to their loved ones that were boarding the ship.

People on this ship are actually loved by family, and they are actually leaving that luxury for a cruise? Eli thought in disgust has he walked onto the ship.

His thoughts were interrupted by an innocent crew member.

"Your ticket, please?" he said.

Eli handed him his brochure, and the member looked confused. He whispered into a small walky-talky and a few moments later another crew member appeared.

"Ah," he said, "I'm Captain Finn, and I see you have won our Internet giveaway. Congratulations. Who might you be?"

"I-I'm Eli Que,"

"Okay. How old are you?"

"I'm only fourteen,"

A look of sadness took over the Captain's face, before being ripped away by a large smile. "Do you have any luggage?" Eli shook his head. "Uhh, okay. Your room number is, uhh," he paused as he looked at a computer screen, "number 205."

Eli started to walk away, and the Captain stopped him and said, "Please come to the ballroom at three thirty, okay?"

"Okay," Eli replied as the Captain tossed him a key labeled 205.

Eli rushed to his room, and looked at the alarm clock. It read 2:15.

Hmm, what to do before 3:30? Ah, yes, lets take a nap.

Last edited:

Callandor

ughhh....
Years
Zeph was walking up the gang plank, leaving behind(forever he wished) those dispicable pretenders who called them selfs his family. "Look at them. Such a disgusting display," he mumbled.

"Excuse me sir?" asked some one. Zeph look up ahead of him. He had reached the top of the plank, and a crew member was stoping him from walking past.

"What!" Zeph barked. He had paid for the ticket...oh. He slamed the ticket in the persons hand. Who, in turn, gently placed the room key with the number 116 in Zeph's hand. Zeph just snered at the man. No, he looked more child then man.

Zeph started to walk in the ship, when, "Sir, I must tell you that you must be in the Ballroom by 3:30, for an important announcement. Also sir we don't have a golf course."

"Thanks," Zeph growled at the boy. He walked away carring the golf bag on his back along with two other backpacks and a small tent bag.

"Would you like me to take your..." he started.

"No," Zeph intrupted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Zeph finaly made it to his room, what he saw was what he expeted. Luxury far beyond what he had at that prison those pretenders had called home. He walked to the clock on the table next to one of the beds. Those idiots had got him a two person room. He was starting to be covinced that those particulay people really were just stupid. He went to unplug the clock, when he noticed that the plug was behind the bed. Then he went to move the bed, and found that it was nailed down.

"Damnit. This means I have to use my own clock," Zeph said. He went to the golf and got out a small stereo, and put in a CD. He hit the skip button four time, then hit the repeat button. The song that started playing was Immortal by Adema. Zeph then opened up one of the backpacks to reveal several of his minor tools. He took out his screwdriver and opened up the clock he had just taken out of his tent bag, sat down and started to tinker with the clock. When he was to be finished, with just a few more part he didn't have on him, it would be a very weak bomb.

Captain Blue

Blue the Justice
Years
Gregor approached the old wooden gangplank, his heart already feeling free from the evils of the city. He held his ticket out in front of him, hoping the crew would simply let him board without question. Just as his left foot touched the ship, however, he was stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

It was one of the ship's pursers. "Sir, please let us inspect your bag before you board the ship. It will only take a second."

Gregor's happy expression shattered upon hearing that. He stepped back, away from the ship, and spread his arms out. For the love of god, please don't open it..., he worried to himself.

The purser pulled out a handheld metal detector and ran it over Gregor and his bag. No sound was registered. "Thank you, sir. Enjoy your cruise!"

Gregor exhaled a deep sigh of relief. "You're very welcome. I'll be sure to enjoy it the best I can." So, with that, he stepped onto the ship, when he was stopped again by the same purser.

"Sir, I almost forgot to tell you which room you'll be staying in.", he announced as he handed a key with a small wood plank to Gregor. Carved into said plank was the number 210. "Your room is room 210. You're free to walk around the ship as you please, but remember to go to the ballroom at 3:30 for an important announcement. Until then, enjoy."

Gregor pocketed the key and shambled along the halls until he found an old map of the ship on the wall. He studied it until he found room 210, then jogged to his room. The door was locked, as logic would denote. Gregor unlocked the door to his room...but then it hit him. Even though I'd like to just sit back and relax for this cruise, there are certainly friends to make on this ship. I should pass the time by speaking with them. He shut the door quietly as he went back and began to wander the halls, hoping to either find someone, or hear someone in their room, enter, and socialize with them in their rooms.

Sublime

Blimey!
Years
"Well, this is...adequate" Timothy Bellwood, a sharp-dressed twenty-seven year old, uttered with a hint dissapointment drifting along with his sentence. He had been waiting for this cruise for a few days now; mainly to releive stress that had been introduced by his recent seperation with his wife. She's a persistant one though. She hasn't stopped calling him since the seperation, so Tim thought this would be a relaxcing retreat for a while.

He fumbled around the lower potion of the ship for awhile, trying to find some guidance. It was then that he was stopped by one of the ship's crew. It was a rather husky man that stopped him; he also looked as if he had served a good time at sea. You just get that feeling when around a seasalt like him.

"You must be...Mr.Bellwood?" The man asked, glancing at a clipboard. It must've had some information about Tim on it for the man to know who he was.

"Yea, I am. Can you uh..Tell me where my room is by any chance?" Tim asked, fumbling his words a bit.

"As a matter of fact, yes!" The crewman replied, handing Tim a keychain with a shiny silver key and a worn piece of plastic hung on it. The keychain read, S.S.Maria, releaving you of all your life's troubles! Under the slogan was a half peeled off sticker that read Room 118.

"Thanks man, I'll be seeing you." Tim thanked the man with a small wave and started to head off. Until he was interupted, that is.

"Wait, wait!" The same, seafaring man from before called. "You must be in the ballroom at 3:30 for an important meeting! Don't be late!"

"Alright." Tim said giving a final wave and walking away.

Tim had never been on a cruise liner. So the size of it was pretty staggering to him. He traversed the ship for what seemed liked ages until he found room 118. He put the cold key into the lock and listened to the tumblers fall. The door had a nasty creak to it, most likely from aging.

The room itself was reminiscint of a hotel room. The bolted down bed that smelled of cheap cleaners and honeymoon lust, the TV that only had three stations, the digital clock that was always about fifteen minutes behind, and the bathroom that had all the mini-sized goodies. Tim threw his bags carelessly onto the floor and strutted into the bathroom for some grooming.

He quickly brushed his hair in the mirror, which was badly chipped and smudged. After his grooming, he decided to take a look at what freebies this cruise had to offer. Mini-shampoo, mini-conditioner, mini-hand sanitizer, even mini-cologne. He pocketed the sanitizer and cologne for later use. Always gotta be clean and smell good, right?

He walked out of the bathroom and sat down on the unusually stiff bed. He felt his phone vibrate and heard the polyphonic version of "Feel Good Inc." play. He took his phone out of his pocket to see just who could be calling when everyone who knows he's on vacation.

Incoming Call-
Tiffany

"Shut the hell up" Tim scowled at the phone with disgust filling his voice. He promplty hit the ignore button and laid back on the bed. It wasn't but a minute later that he got a text message, this time causing a polyphonic "Dirty Harry" to play.

1 New Message
Tifanny-
Hey bbycakes, y dont u anser my calls? i <3 u

Tim was about sick of this. He was supposed to be relaxing. He hit the "Reply" button to give this woman the point.

To: Tiffany

He sent the message and closed his phone. The luminescant, green numbers glew in front of his face. 2:15

He let out a sigh as he dropped the phone on the bed. What the hell am I gonna do for an hour and fifteen minutes? He pondered as his eyes drifted shut...

JBCBlank

Satanist to the core.
Years
**WARNING**

SEXUALLY SUGGESTIVE CONTENT READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!

Spoiler:

((no he did not kill her. He made her... forget her troubles hehehe ))

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Joe walked to his grandson, "You take care of the bambinos, OK Jimmy?" The boy saluted his grandfather. Joe nodded and walked over to the boarding dock. A security guard asked him for his ticket, Joe showed the man his ticket and the man told him his room number. Before Joe walked through a metal detector he pulled out a clip of cash from his wallet, and handed it to the guard who watched the detector, "You wouldn't uh, mind ignoring the uh, contents of my bag would you?"

The guard stood behind the detector counting his newfound money. His bags went through and no one noticed the gun. Joe checked his ticket, 'Room 213'. Joe grunted, "Darned Kidney Stone…" Joe hefted his bags and set off for his room.

When Joe arrived in his room he quickly tossed his bags to the ground and laid down on his bed, Thank God for Dr. Kulver, Joe thought. Without the good doctor, Joe would've been at home in pain on his lumpy couch. Joe sagged into his bed even deeper and checked his wristwatch, '2:15' Plenty of time for a nap… And with that, Joe set his watch to go off at 3:15 and fell into a light sleep.

(OOC): In the OOC thread it sais I'm 202, here it says I'm 213...?

Last edited:

Kogenta

Lost Realist
Years
(OOC): In the OOC thread it sais I'm 202, here it says I'm 213...?

[OOC: Er, sorry. I thought both said 213 since I copied a pasted the room assignments here from the OOC thread.]

Still humming his cheerful tune, Captain Fin checked his watch. "Oh, 3:17 already. Heh, now I'm getting a little nervous." He adjusted his collar and pulled some notes out of a drawer. For a few seconds he shuffled through the papers, then placed one page on top. From one pocket he drew a heavy pen that he used to make a few marks. As long as I cover all the points, I think I can afford to enjoy myself with this. The captain tapped the base of the pen thoughtfully against his chin. Yes, no sense getting all up tight about some public speaking and ruining my excitement.

Fin cleared his throat and pressed a red, square button on the console. A green light switched on, and the man picked up a microphone attached to the control panel by a cord. Lifting the sound unit to his mouth, he spoke.

"Attention, passengers. This is a reminder that you have a meeting in the ballroom in . . . " He glanced back at his watch. "Approximately eight minutes. During this meeting, an important announcement will be made--one that I can guarantee you will not want to miss. Again, your attendance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you." Fin turned the PA system off.

------------

Sam and Terry propped open the double doors of the ballroom with wooden doorstops, a smile passing between them as they heard the Captain's announcement. Several rows of folding chairs had been set out in front of the stage for the guests they anticipated would soon arrive.

[OOC: Please guide your characters to the ballroom. Once everyone (preferrably) or at least most people have arrived, Captain Fin will begin the game.]

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Joe had gotten up 2 minutes before the Captain's announcment took place, but hadn't gotten out of bed before hand. Stupid annoncments... Joe rolled over, but realized he needed to get up. Before he headed off to the ballroom, he quickly tucked his pistol under his pillow, Better safe then sorry.

As Joe left his room, he found his mind racing... I'm on vacation, calm down Giuseppe. Calm Down. Joe clutched his Kidney which seared in pain, Damn Kidney. Joe sighed and headed towards the ballroom for the long awaited breefing.

The room had giant oaken doors. He opened the doors and walked in, "Amazing!" Joe wandered around the grandiose room, found a lone table, and firmly sat down, expecting a boring lecture, Great

OOC:Typing on the Wii is hard...

Last edited:

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
Linda Clennel swept onboard in a wonderful mood. The sight of the great white liner moored on the background of a perfectly blue sky was very aesthetically pleasing. She admired the attendants' trim uniforms. This is what a luxury cruise should be like, she thought as the attendant offered to take her baggage. She demured, but he insisted, and she ended up following him and her little trolly down the hall to her room. It was part of being over forty that no one would allow you to carry your own bags, but it was still pleasant to be waited on and served. It was something else that came with the cost - but ah, don't think about the costs, she told herself. Just enjoy the pleasant interior.

This part of the ship was more like a hotel than anything, with tasteful panelling and a rich carpet. She opened the door to her room - how pleasant! There were no stairs to take - and found it just as agreeable. It was a dream in grey-green tints, with plush bedcovers and an ornate table lamp on the bedtable. The blinds were half drawn, casting the room in soft shadows. Linda, who had never liked sleeping in unfamiliar places, felt instantly soothed.

The attendant handed her the trolly and saluted smartly from the doorway, adding, "Please be at the ballroom by 3:30 for an announcement. It's right down the hall and to the left."

The clock on the wall read 2:25 pm. That gave her quite a lot of time. Linda spent it unhurriedly unpacking, humming softly and occasionally looking out the window. A few times she heard loud footsteps in the hall and thought, regretfully, that there were so few people her own age on the cruise. Children she could deal with, but the young men and women these days were so uncourteous.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Eli was suddenly wakened by the loud voice of the captain. "Attention, passengers. This is a reminder that you have a meeting in the ballroom in . . . approximately eight minutes. During this meeting, an important announcement will be made-one that I can guarantee you will not want to miss. Again, your attendance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you."

Damn, I hope I'm not late, Eli thought, trying not to be mad at the captain, I have to get dressed and ready and - wait, where is the ballroom? Damn!

Though Eli regretted it, he just kept on his sweaty clothes. He ran out of the door into the middle of the hall. He seemed to have bothered some of the snobby rich people already, who were looking at him like he was a pile of dirty rags.

He ran and found the closest crew member, a worried looking guy whose name was Jack.

"Where is the ballroom? I can't be late!"

The man, Jack, backed away from the seemingly crazy Eli, saying, "It's just one floor up, I'm sure you'll find it!"

Eli pushed Jack aside and ran up the stairs to the main deck. It had a sign pointing the ballroom. He ran in the direction of the ballroom and found it was full of about 17 people. He sat down in the back, and rested before the 'oh so important' announcement.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Contrary to his stereotype, Vic was very considerate about what the Captain might have to say. He'd taken the liberty to leave his mp3 player and headphones in his room, and wore a black blazer over his loose T-shirt, to hide the graffiti print. Hey, nobody here was into that stuff, he reasoned. There was no reason to garner all the attention for himself during the Captain's only time to shine, right? His brothers had always never had the chance to actually see the captains when they went on cruises, even with their high rankings. Or more like, they'd turned down the opportunity to do so. But it didn't really seem like a usual occurence. Might as well treat it importantly, right? Now there was only one problem with Vic's consideration. He was bored out of his mind. He'd arrive about fifteen minutes early, not having enough time to go to the gym, not having found a place when he could dance, and not having much else to do on a cruise, since watching water rush past was not very interesting, and he wasn't very tired. As such, Vic had taken to wandering around the ballroom area for just a few minutes, flashing friendly smiles at whoever passed him by, but moving fast enough so that he wouldn't have to stop to chat with them. Man what would he talk about if they stopped him?

At this thought, he decided it would now be prudent to return back to the ballroom. He didn't like being late, and being late after being early was possibly the worst and most frustrating thing Vic could ever experience. Since the beginning of the cruise, he'd dropped the dancing itch in his feet as he walked, dragging his feet instead. He'd seen various people he'd identified as apart of the crew, and spotted two men who looked just like each other when he'd arrived early. (Twins were such a fascinating phenomenon. If he should ever have children, Vic had already long decided that he would settle for nothing less than a pair of twins, as strange as his expectations were.) There were various others who seemed to talk to the other guests, but… Vic had yet to get back into the hang of acting like your everyday joe again. He observed carefully, but said nothing. He conjured up imaginary responses and additions to coversations, but never interjected. Practice, practice.

He sat down, automatically sliding down in his seat and slouching like there was no tomorrow. Oops. Vic chewed on the inside of his lip as he discreetly slid back up his seat into more proper poise, glancing around and settling into the uncomfortable position that he'd spend the next few days getting used to. In just a moment or two after Vic had corrected his posture, he glanced to his right when someone with a gray hoodie sat down beside him. Er, was that a kid?

Vic glanced back at the door, but let it go. Whatever. If the kid wanted to sit without his parents, it wasn't Vic's problem. Heh, in fact, that was probably something he would've done himself back when he was the kiddo's age. As if he'd get caught dead sitting with his straight faced, sourpuss, tight lipped family. No no, it was thoughts like these that made you get older. Shoving the thoughts aside, Vic fished for a conversation starter. But to be blatantly honest, he wasn't particularly experienced with talking to actual children, even if he acted like one. He settled back into silence, glancing at his bracelet only to remember that he hadn't yet replaced it with his watch.

Dang. But hey, that would be a good spark for small talk.

… Hm, it'd probably make sense if the kid was ten years older. Vic sighed. Again, no dice. Not being able to communicate well was an interesting first happening for Vic. He enjoyed the new experience, but the awkwardness wasn't quite as pleasing.

Captain Blue

Blue the Justice
Years
Gregor was too nice to intrude on any rooms, and found nobody wandering the halls, so he had meandered the entire time to no avail. He then heard the PA system. "Attention, passengers. This is a reminder that you have a meeting in the ballroom in . . . approximately eight minutes. During this meeting, an important announcement will be made-one that I can guarantee you will not want to miss. Again, your attendance will be greatly appreciated. Thank you."

"Oh darn. I was hoping I'd be able to find a friend or two. I guess I'll have to just meet up with everyone in the ballroom....which way is it to the ballroom?", questioned Gregor. He wandered around again until he found the same map on the wall. He studied it again, then found the ballroom. "There it is", he confirmed. And so he simply walked to the ballroom at a brisk pace, wanting to be early. He found the large oaken doors of the ballroom and carefully pushed them open, not wanting to accidentally hurt anyone who might be behind or approaching the door from the other side. He was astonished with the quality of the glasswork in the ballroom, right down to the glasses, which seemed to have been made with real crystal. This is very high-class. I almost feel out of place., he thought to himself.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Jon song had ended. It ended in just enough time for him to hear about the meeting starting in about eight minutes. "Ok, well I am glad that I will get this over with.." He pulled out his headphones and pocketed his iPod. "Guess I'll go freshen up..." he walked down the stairs to his room. Pulling the key from his pocket he unlocked the door. He went to his bags and unzipped them. He pulled out his suit, the pants, overcoat, shirt, socks, and shoes. He tossed it all on his bed and then went into the bathroom. "Oh, forgot my toothbrush.." he walked back out and went to his bags again. This time he pulled up the velcro flap and pulled out a small travel toothbrush, some toothpaste and a small bottle of cologne. Now he was ready and went into the bathroom. Jon wet the toothbrush and squeezed some toothpaste onto it. He scrubbed his teeth and then spat. "Hm.. I wonder who else is on this cruise.." He scrubbed again, and during the time was thinking about who he would like to meet and who he wouldn't want to meet. He spat again. He came to the conclusion that he would want to meet someone like him, who likes to have a good time, but knows when it is serious. He started scrubbing again, spitting moments later. "I wouldn't want to meet someone like my co-worker.. all up-tight and serious all the time... what a drag.." he thought out loud. Scrubbing for his final time, Jon checked his watch. He had a few minutes to finish. He spat one last time before rinsing. He swished some water in his mouth, gargled it and then let it fall from his mouth.

On his way out the door, he grabbed his cologne bottle and tossed it on his bed. He scooped up his suit, and quickly dressed into it. He grabbed his bottle and sprayed on him. He sniffed, and felt okay with the smell. "Now... where is the ballroom.. I am sure that there are some maps around here.." He walked out the door, and looked to his left, nothing. To his right, he saw a map. He ran up to it, found his location and scanned for the ballroom. It said it was found on the fourth floor, the third one if you didn't count the storage area. He made his way there, and found a map a quickly. Looking at the map, he found the ballroom. Jon went into the room, and looked around. He wasn't the earliest person, but he didn't think he was the last to arrive. Choosing a seat as not to disturb anyone. He took a seat in front of a very young looking person. He sat up in good posture, and wore a black blazer. "God, I hope he isn't so serious as he appears to be.." Jon thought and then looked at the front of the room.

Rabbit

where is my mind?
Years
Linda entered the ballroom looking like a frazzled auntie. She had changed into a black skirt for comfort and had bundled up in an oversized knit sweater.There was a fixed look of pleasant surprise on her face as she looked up at the high ceiling with its crystal chandeliers and around at the wide panelled hall, and found it in good taste. Chairs had been set out for a few dozen people, and the room was beginning to fill up. There probably wern't many more to wait for, as the boarding lineup had been short.

Linda took a seat in the front row, where it was empty, and checked her watch. Only minutes to go. She settled back and folded her hands in her lap, beaming with approval at the empty stage. What could they expect to hear from the captain? Most likely, she reasoned, the announcement would have to do with cruise safety. That was quite routine for adventures of this sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back