• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Plug your favorite shows

Years
  • Or just good shows anyway. I've got three animated series to bring up which follow a common theme.

The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    Do you feel like a lot of superhero movies out now are a bit serious at times? (Yes, they are.) Want something that's more fun, colorful, and, well, like a comic book? Watch this series. Put up with the first few episodes as they're setting up the characters and you'll get a get a show with good stories, writing, and voice acting. Watch this and you won't have to wait years to see some of your (soon to be) favorite characters appear on the big screen. Enjoy them right now.

Tron: Uprising
    Did the Tron sequel leave you unsatisfied? (Yes, it did.) How about a much better take on the story of computer people fighting against other, eviler computer computer people? It has all the fun visuals and an actual story to back it up. Very enjoyable.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars
    Okay, so you're a Star Wars fan (of course) and you're watching the prequel movies and thinking to yourself over and over "If they'd only changed that part, and done this instead of that it could have been good" then this series is what you had in mind. It redeems all the characters (except for one, you know which one) and makes their adventures fun and exciting. And even when they're not all that exciting because they're focusing on some side character you don't care about it's set up so that you can just skip that episode without losing the overall plot. Convenient!

Years
  • The Wire is my favorite show of all time. Consistently excellent storylines, characters and dialogue throughout the course of the show. Highly recommend this.

As for animated TV series, the best one I've seen [excluding anime] is Avatar: The Last Airbender. Very interesting universe and cast of characters. Definitely not obscure by any means but worth checking out

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Bojack Horseman
    A cartoon about the reality of loneliness and meaning of life/what you are doing with your life. A pessimist, realistic show, with good quotes and just the right bit of sadness. One of the first cartoon I've seen with a real story developing, not only some good jokes/random aventures.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Her

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Bojack Horseman
    A cartoon about the reality of loneliness and meaning of life/what you are doing with your life. A pessimist, realistic show, with good quotes and just the right bit of sadness. One of the first cartoon I've seen with a real story developing, not only some good jokes/random aventures.

i was gonna come in with bojack tbh! +1

It really is a great show. The quote in one of the later Season 2 episodes where Wanda says "When you look at someone through rose-tinted glasses, all the red flags just look like flags." I'm not one to proclaim any faux-deepness, but that line stuck with me. It crushed me. The one person who could relate to Bojack on some level due to her being more literally stuck in the past than him and she inevitably leaves to his self-destructiveness. You don't blame her, either. She can't remain trapped in his spiral. It actually hurt, which is very hard for any visual medium to make me feel. God, I love Lisa Kudrow.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • The Wire is my favorite show of all time. Consistently excellent storylines, characters and dialogue throughout the course of the show. Highly recommend this.

As for animated TV series, the best one I've seen [excluding anime] is Avatar: The Last Airbender. Very interesting universe and cast of characters. Definitely not obscure by any means but worth checking out

I never could get past the first season The Wire. I just really lost interest when it wasn't a cop drama. Am I missing anything?

Breaking Bad and The Sopranos are my top picks for drama. Sons of Anarchy is good as well.

Years
  • I never could get past the first season The Wire. I just really lost interest when it wasn't a cop drama. Am I missing anything?

Breaking Bad and The Sopranos are my top picks for drama. Sons of Anarchy is good as well.

One of the things I appreciate about The Wire is that it's more than a cop drama, with one of the central themes of the show being how various "institutions" operate and how being part of an institution affects people. I can see why the divergent storylines and large cast can be off-putting but most of these are developed later into the show.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • i was gonna come in with bojack tbh! +1

It really is a great show. The quote in one of the later Season 2 episodes where Wanda says "When you look at someone through rose-tinted glasses, all the red flags just look like flags." I'm not one to proclaim any faux-deepness, but that line stuck with me. It crushed me. The one person who could relate to Bojack on some level due to her being more literally stuck in the past than him and she inevitably leaves to his self-destructiveness. You don't blame her, either. She can't remain trapped in his spiral. It actually hurt, which is very hard for any visual medium to make me feel. God, I love Lisa Kudrow.

S2 EP1 give me chills each time...

"You were born broken. It's your birth right"
    "..................... what are yo doing here."

"Everyday, it get a little easier. But you're gonna to do it everyday. That's the hard part.But it does get easier".

Oh and I watched Bojack SO MANY TIMES that each morning when I wake up I think "WAKE UP, IT'S THE MORNING"

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    The Sopranos is probably the best show I've ever seen. X-Files and Millennium are up there for me as well. As far as cartoons go, Batman the Animated Series has to be up there.

Midi

Charming Ghost~
    Years
  • Enjoy cooking shows with some food science and humor mixed in? Good Eats has you covered. Not to mention it has some pretty good recipes in it.

Back