• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Plume or Cover Fossil

Will you get Plume or Cover fossil?

• Total voters

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
Years
  • I got a Plume Fossil and kept resetting until I got one with a Jolly nature. I was then able to OHKO and outspeed everything and I mean EVERYTHING once he evolved into Archeops.

Truddler

Enjoy.
    Years
  • Carracosta looks awesome to me. Don't get me wrong, Archen and Archeops look cool too, it's just I like Tirtouga and Carracosta's design alot more.

レイジングブラスト

Back after a short break
    Years
  • I took a look at both of their stats and was far more impressed with Archen/Archeops's offensive power but then I realized Carracosta ends up learning Shell Break which makes me think it would be way better to pick up the cover rather than the plume.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I picked up the Plume. Archeops has always been awesome to me, but I was destroyed when I found out its ability was Defeatist. Even so, I still chose it, and now I've bred a Jolly one. :D

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • Archen is so useless. I chose it, and I quickly traded it off. Defeatist? What kind of ability is that? Why give an ability that makes your Pokemon worse when its HP is low? Ridiculous.

I don't have either fossil Pokemon now. Ditched Archen, and not interested in Tirtouga.

Because once it evolves,Archeops has a base 140 atk, combine it with Acrobatics (w/ no held items) you can pretty much wreck anything that doesn't resist Flying type moves.

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    I really like Archen/Archeops, but its ability?
    Oh well. It's still a nice Pokemon.

Years
  • I picked the Plume fossil (Archen) because I needed a flying pokemon on my team before I beat the Elite 4. He actually was very useful in my playthrough, with his sky-high stats, and I didn't have too much of a problem with his ability. Although that isn't to say that I wish he had a better one.

Heart Gold

Jellicent Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2012
    I picked the Cover Fossil. I needed a water type on my team and it seems to be the only decent one aside from Jellicent, but I already have a Ghost Type Chandelure in my planned team.

Archeops' ability really disappoints me after seeing it's stats. Even with it's high stats it's ability really ruins it for me.

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
  • The Plume Fossil. Archeops is one of the most badass flying-types ever, gameplay wise, other than Skarmory or Staraptor. It's ability doesn't even faze me, I sweep with it so fast. Sadly, it's a ripoff of Aerodactyl, so it loses coolness points there.

Noob out.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I like the turtle fossil... nice and slow :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Archen has a base stat total of something like, 567, it's Attack is through the roof, it's down right powerful and it's a bird! ~ Voted for the Plume Fossil.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i accidently chose the plume fossil in 2 of my games.
    but out of the 2 i would choose the turtle one

Back