• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Plume or Cover Fossil

Will you get Plume or Cover fossil?

• Total voters

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    I think my boyfriend prefers the Pokemon from the Shell fossil, so I will get the one from the Wing, and we'll breed one for each other. Am I wrong in assuming they're breedable? (O_O);

Years
    Both are surprisingly powerful, Tirtouga has the broken Shell Break while Archen is the 5th generation's Aerodactyl with a bad ability.

But I like the bird better, the turtle I won't have much use for. Besides, I'd rather my Rock type have an immunity.

Years
    I actually like both these fossil Pokemon a lot. Tirtouga and Archen (that the right name?) are adorable. <3 But Archen's evolution's baldness bothers me (yeah, Archen is bald too, but it makes it work :B). So whenever I get Black, I'll choose the Lid Fossil first.

Angelique

Le Magnifique
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    Aww yeahh, shell fossil! I loved its design before I found out its dub name, which is equally amazing. Carracosta~

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I think my boyfriend prefers the Pokemon from the Shell fossil, so I will get the one from the Wing, and we'll breed one for each other. Am I wrong in assuming they're breedable? (O_O);

No, they are breedable. :)

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I find Archen to be absolutely adorable so I will choose the Wing Fossil. I love Archeops too because it is really good in battles and it has the most amazing design <3 I don't really care for the turtles much :(

Years
    I plan on getting both via two games. :D
    I'll probably get the shell fossil on White, and the lid fossil on Black.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Lid.

Only because Tirtouga evolves into Carracosta.
    Plume or Cover Fossil
    Blastoise's figgen' Great-Grandad.
    Plume or Cover Fossil

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Woot? o_O
    I have just checked Serebii and it didn't say that the fossils can only be chosen once, in Relic Castle. Did Bulbapedia actually lie? I'm a bit confused.
    I guess that the fossils can be obtainable only once, like we thought previously. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Pkmn Trainer Touko

King N's Queen
    Years
    Definitely the Wing fossil!

Aaken is my dream Pokemon!! I have ALWAYS dreamed of them making my favourite dinosaur into a Pokemon!

It's based on Archeopteryx and I'm literally obsessed with that dinosaur/ancestor of modern birds.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
    Archeops for me.
    Wait a second, in Spiral Mountain a man gives you a fossil every day (after National Dex), he should give you also the other 5th gen fossil, right?

Years
    I shall be picking the lid fossil when I start my journey through Unova. I just love everything about Carracosta, it's design, it's typing, and
    especially it's ever-so-dependable ability, Sturdy. While I'm not going to use it for certain, there's a good chance it will find its way on to my team, should
    I ever need a Water or Rock type.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'll get one in each game (not sure which one I'll do in which game yet). I'll probably get the Shell/Lid Fossil in my main game, as turtles are awesome (coming from a Blastoise fan).

Back