• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Exploration and Corruption of the New Frontier (IC)(PG-13)

jarchio

Worst nightmare, best ally
    Years
    Nodding jarchio was kind of shocked at how fast everything was going and zoned out. "always, always keep an eye out for corruption" the shinx said. Jarchio couldnt help himself but to answer. "You mean like that" he whispered to where only the shinx could hear and gestured his eyes towards the floating pokemons back. When the shinx looked, jarchio glanced down and noticed its bad leg. "W-whats wrong with your leg?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Leigh smiled at the response. Jaricho was certainly well organized. Sounded like somebody well worthy of being a part of the guild. Team Salvadores seemed to be getting along with their new member as well. Though, Leigh couldn't help but notice that Chunk once again gave Leigh another one of... "those looks"... Afterwards he was telling the Riolu something, but Leigh couldn't make out what any of them were saying. Probably just being friendly.

The corrupt blotch reacted a little once again. All it did was bubble a little. It wasn't very noticeable. However Leigh was still completely unaware that this blotch had a mind of its own. "Well, I'll be going back to my seat guys. I'm starving." Leigh said as he floated back to his chair. As he floated back, The corrupt blotch moved behind Leigh and again made a taunting happy face, This time directed to Jarchio.

Last edited:

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
    "Yes." Chunk quickly replied, trying to avoid looking at Leigh for too long. "Exactly like that."

As the Shinx turned to look at the Riolu with yet another serious gaze, he noticed Jarchio was looking down at his leg.

"W-What's wrong with your leg?"

Chunk turned only his eyes down at the hinder leg, the events of the night when he left home flashing in his mind. He shook his head as if to shake the thought away and turned around.

"Nothing. It's... it's perfectly fine." He answered just as quickly as before. "Just... don't... lose your focus on the matter."

Kid's like he's afraid of it. That's why he was afraid of showing the birthmark.

jarchio

Years
    "O-ok" jarchio said turning his attention to the shinx. As he listened his mark started to glow and burn his arm. "HMM?" he thought as he hid his arm behind his back so no one could see it glowing through the wraps. In secret he looked around. "an aura disturbance... Here?!?!" he thought to himself. When the floating pokemon started to speak he snapped back to the shinx speaking to him.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    OOC: I'm guessing the aura disturbance was just the reaction of Leigh's blotch? If not I'd like a little idea on what you're planning to make sure it makes sense...

IC:
    Chunk was becoming more and more curious as a partner to Layne. Perhaps the way he looked at Chunk rose suspicion in Chunk, but whatever the case, Chunk was definitely one of a kind. Layne normally worked with Pyro, and he was one of a kind too. True enough, each pokemon of the world was different, but......who knew. Layne wasn't sure why Chunk seemed so dang aggressive. Once again, Layne wasn't getting a full picture, and he was starting to suspect, Chunk was hiding a good amount of the picture. And that suspicion rose even higher when their new team member, Jaricho asked him what was wrong with Chunk's leg.

Layne didn't go into it, but if Chunk was indeed hiding something, things would be harder. Harder to prepare for, harder to look into, harder in general. Layne sighed, and though a bit weirded out by the actions of Chunk, by nudging their new partner towards him with his head, he managed to say, "Yeah...welcome to the team."

Thunder rumbled outside. And Layne took Chunk aside yet again. He had noticed once again his aggressive behavior towards Leigh. "Look, I know you say it's instinctive, and all, but what good is it if we can't even get along with fellow guild members? Please try to calm yourself down. I'm not asking you to sleep with the guy or anything...just try and...hold down those instincts for at least 15 minutes. Or something..."

OOC: WE MADE IT! 500 POSTS AND WE'RE STILL ALIVE! Thanks guys for sticking with it so far!

D. Lawride

Years
    After the thunderstorm broke outside and Layne took Chunk aside to talk to him, the Shinx couldn't avoid but give off a solemn look at his teammate.
    Contain his instincts? When there was such a danger out there, walking their guild's halls?

"See, even the kid is noticing it! Something here is not right, and I won't stay back while it isn't fixed." He added to the look, raising one of his front paws to show a claw. "Even if I have to do it myself."

Electricity began to course through the claw, but Chunk promptly hid it away and turned to Layne again.

"But it won't get to that. Sooner or later, he's gonna come out. IT is gonna come out." He looked away, towards the crowd. "And you might find out I won't be there to help when that happens. That little blob over there; that thing is dangerous. For all we know, corruption generates corruption, so for all we know, it might even spread out to one of us."

((OOC: Woohoo! xD))

jarchio

Years
    (OOC Yup it was the corruption)

As the burning sensation faded jarchio walked to the window and watched the storm. "layne and chunk" he repeated to himself determined to memorize the names. Wth a loud clap of thunder and a bright flash of lightning jarchio swaped his thoughts to adventures. "this should be fun" he thought to himself as he gazed at the window holding back the rain. Gazing on the rain and shadows played tricks on his eyes and thought he could see pokemon running around.

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    The Riolu introduced himself as "Jarchio". Interesting name, Alaska thought. Jarchio was discussing his joining of the group with Layne and Chunk. Alaska didn't want to intrude their conversation, so she backed off a few feet away and continued watching them from the safe distance. Leigh floated back to his seat, as he was starving. Upon turning, the corrupt blotch moved to his back and seemed to taunt Jarchio with a happy grin. Alaska looked at Jarchio to see if he noticed, but apparently he did not.

However, he did get an "aura disturbance", as he called it. Alaska started to get worried, as Chunk seemed to hate Leigh and threw quite a bit of angry glares at him. Alaska thought it'd be best to just tell Leigh about his blotch, because she didn't want to see anything happen to him. Well, it still could, but Alaska had to try. She ran to Leigh on all fours and stood up again when she got next to his chair. "Leigh... you know... you know your corrupted blotch is making faces at everybody, right?" Alaska asked, at once realizing how stupid that sounded when she said it aloud. It sounded way better in her head.

Megaman765

Years
    The blotch stopped acting up as soon as Alaska began to tell Leigh about it. "...What? I know its been acting weird but thats just silly." Leigh said, looking back at the corrupt blotch, which didn't seem to be moving at all. "...hmm... It acts weird at night, but I don't think it ever made faces at anybody..." Leigh really didn't want to believe it. It sounded weird. Thought maybe this was normal behavior for the corruption. Perhaps it was forshadowing Leigh's own future.

"...Keep an eye on it would you Alaska? I don't want to make any more enemies here." He asked her. Leigh then whispered directly into alaska's mind. "Um... you ever get the feeling that Chunk guy hates my guts for some reason? He's been looking at me kinda funny..."

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    Alaska whispered near Leigh, "Yeah, I think he doesn't like you just because of that small black blotch. I'm serious when I say it makes faces, and I promise I will watch over it for you." Alaska looked over at the others and then continued. "I also promise that I won't allow him to attack you, if he does try."

Alaska hoped this Chunk guy wouldn't go too far with this. After all, Leigh obviously meant no harm. This... this blotch, however, most likely will keep attempting to taunt people to the point that they'll think Leigh himself is making it do that. Alaska will have to carefully do what Leigh says, and watch out for anything strange this little piece of corruption tries to do.

SamuraiMaster

Years
    Chunk obviously noticed Jaricho's sudden disturbance before going to the window to watch the storm outside. "See, even the kid is noticing it! Something here is not right, and I won't stay back while it isn't fixed. Even if I have to do it myself."

Layne couldn't do anything more about it. Chunk's mind was set.

"But it won't get to that. Sooner or later, he's gonna come out. IT is gonna come out. And you might find out I won't be there to help when that happens. That little blob over there; that thing is dangerous. For all we know, corruption generates corruption, so for all we know, it might even spread out to one of us."

Layne watched Chunk walk away (I'm assuming he does anyway). Layne barely noticed himself at the moment, until the cramping pain began to enter his hand and jaw area. He had not noticed. His right fist was clentched, and his jaw was locked. But why?

He barely knew Leigh, so why was he on the defensive for him, when Chunk obviously saw an oncoming threat? Layne relaxed and eventually came to the answer. He believed....he HAD to believe that any pokemon, even those that had fallen to it completely could be....saved. Leigh had been exposed. Pyro himself had been exposed...and he still had to figure out what happened to Autumn. Had she fallen?

Layne had come here to help her solve the mystery, and/or see her reach safely home.

This wasn't helping his current feelings. He simply snatched up a nearby apple and bit into it, and sat down again, eyes closed, drifting back into thought.

D. Lawride

Years
    After uttering the finishing words to Layne, Chunk turned and walked away, partly to allow his partner to rethink his point of view of the situation.

Why wasn't it obvious that the situation was dangerous when Chunk himself saw it like black over white? What shrouded their sight and kept them from seeing what was real instead of what they thought? Why was he the only one concerned - well, not counting the new member of their team (who was still on their side) - about the possible threat of corruption?

"I won't allow the situation to repeat itself again." He muttered to himself while distractedly crossing the dining hall. "I can't let cor-... argh..."

At the most unexpected time - halfway through the hall - the usual pain in his leg struck again, this time even more harshly, for whatever reason.

It's him... it's him! He's... doing this... corrupted...! These were the thoughts that Chunk tried to express in words, but could only leave as thoughts, as the excruciating pain started to make the task of standing on all fours more difficult. He tried as hard as he could to hide the pain, but this time, he had to do it, even if shortly, so he could reach the Oran Berry in the bag without seeming like he needed any help. Almost...

He could feel the other front leg growing numb, and soon enough, he couldn't tell if the bag was open or not; only try to reach down and bite down; and luckily, it was the berry, and the bag was open.
    This eased it slightly, which allowed him to do something similar to crawling to a nearby place where he could sit down and eat the rest of the berry.

Hope nobody saw me...

((OOC: So, since I was cornered with no way to reply without more posts, I decided to make something of a stall one and start making Chunk believe even more that Leigh is Pandora's box xD))

jarchio

Years
    "Common!" jarchio whispered to himself. "Common!" he whispered again trying to use aura to outline his surroundings. Although jarchio was the strongest riolu he knew he still had trouble with aura, especialy when it came to outlining a area. "Almost" He whispered Again straining his powers. Suddenly thunder struck and Jarchio lost concentration. "AAAIIIEEE" he yelled out loud falling backwards.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
    (Aw Chunk's gonna pick on the blob at this rate :o)

Leigh chuckled a bit after seeing Jarchio's reaction to the lightning. The new guy would have been so easy to prank at a better time. He would have to do well to remember that in the future. For now, He decided to see what he could do about befriending the newcomer. Thunder and lightning were nothing to Leigh, being the outdoor pokemon he is. He's slept in these conditions and has had no problems thanks to the way his species works. Near leigh was a small slice of bread that had been leftover. Since it was closeby, He figured, why not finish it up? Leigh floated over to the bread slice, Concentrated, and began to absorb the Nutrients out of it. His own way of feeding himself since he can't put the food in his mouth. Eventually the leftover slice became dull and dry, And Leigh was a bit more filled up.

After the small snack, Leigh floated over to the Riolu. "Heheh, Your not letting a little bit of Lightning scare ya are you?" Leigh said as he stopped next to Jarchio. "Heheh, I can't tell you how much times I've slept through situations like this. This storm is nothing." He said, Keeping a cheerful mode and trying to ignore the corrupt blotch.

jarchio

Years
    "I have too.... In a tree." he said trying to top the pokemons story... "I was trying to make a outline of the outside using aura." he said rubbing the back of his head. "but umm, the thunder caught me off gaurd." Finishing his sentence jarchios stomach started to growl. "Sorry" he said smiling "Last time I ate was breakfast." As if to just now notice the plates of food jarchio caught himself starring. "Oh" he said pulling out a handfull of orange gummies. Quickly he started to devoure them gummy after gummy.

Last edited:

New2

<--- Your squishy doom.
    Years
    Xell snapped out of his trance and noticed the food on the table. Without thinking, he sat down at a place setting and began to devour it, mindlessly, and like a machine. When it was gone, he simply rested and listened to the conversation, still far too observant and far too quiet to speak up. All he really wanted to do was observe the new guy, but the lightning overhead was rather distracting, and interruptive of his train of thought. He turned his attention toward the Riolu.

He happened to be scarfing down Gummies like there was no tomorrow. Xell chuckled silently to himself as he became an onlooker. Leigh was joking with him about the storm... typical Leigh. He found himself surprised thinking that, for he had only met him for less then a day and he already felt like he knew him. Perhaps it was a sign of friendship? Only time would tell.

Megaman765

Years
    "Two times eh? Dunno if I should call ya brave or stupid..." He joked cheerfully.

Jarchio must have been more hungry then Leigh. He was packing himself with Gummies like a monster. Hopefully he had the courtesy to leave some food for the others. Looking out the window, Leigh had hoped that he would see both Bruno and the guild master back by now with both Retus and Cruor captured. However it was growing extremely late... They should be fine... both of them are well trained in battle after all... right?

Leigh simpily just wandered around the dining hall aimlessly to hopefully kill some time.

(ooc: I'm running out of stuff to post here :p We need to get something to happen :o)

SamuraiMaster

Years
    (ooc: I'm running out of stuff to post here :p We need to get something to happen :o)
    OOC
    I will admit, I am kinda stalling right now. I kinda NEED Michael to post back soon. But for now, what I can say is for the guild members to get ready to end their day. Hopefully we advance shortly.

IC:

Layne breathed in deep, and stood up. It was getting late, and chances were, he'd have to start getting used to early mornings...again. Sometimes he just hated early morning wake ups.

"I'm going to go find a guest room." he said passing by Chunk. "See you in the morning..."

With that, Layne walked out of the dining hall, toward the hall.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2011
    Looks up at guild...."Maybe I can find some warmth here" Night Cane walks inside the guild

Back