• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Exploration and Corruption of the New Frontier (IC)(PG-13)

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
  • Alaska watched the other explorers in the room talk. Chunk himself looked pretty battered after that fight. He should've quit earlier, since Leigh's corruption wasn't exactly going to go easy on anybody trying to do harm to his host. Alaska turned back to the window and watched the rain pour from the sky. Her eyes started to shut on their own, as she was starting to feel drowsy. They shut completely, only for the thunder to startle them open.

Alaska usually loved rain, but something about this storm was making her feel too melancholy to describe. Probably because her friend was being drenched in it. He had said earlier that he's used to it, but this rain was all but pleasant. Alaska lifted herself onto the windowsill and stared outside for some more good moments, and then she leaped out.

"Leigh! Leigh, where are you?!" she asked loudly, looking around.

The others would probably be mad at the fact that Alaska was trying to bring Leigh back, but that didn't matter. She continued walking around, checking behind boulders and bushes and just about anything else that was out there. Suddenly, she spotted Leigh behind a far bush.

"Leigh!" she exclaimed and dashed over on all fours. When she arrived at his spot, Alaska could see that he had been crying.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • Leigh woke up suddenly after hearing Alaska's voice. His first reaction was to back away more, still afraid. Leigh didn't think Alaska would hate him for doing this... But he was still scared either way. He concealed himself in the bush to stay out of sight but Alaska had already spotted him.

"Alaska...? I..." Leigh looked down with an upset look in his eyes. Tears were still dripping down from his eyes. "I'm corrupted. What am I going to do? They won't take me back and if the Guildmaster finds out what happened......" Leigh stared into Alaska's eyes and glanced at her feather which had been drooping down from all of the heavy rain.

"Come in Alaska. This bush is fine. Not much rain really gets in it. It's pretty comfy. Besides, If theres anyone I'd want to talk to at a time like this it would be you anyways." Leigh said giving a feint smile. Leigh floated into the large bush and peeked out at Alaska.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • Layne was not deaf to Chunk's words. "In the morning?' Layne wasn't so sure. "This may be stupid to say, but I might as well say it, we could be making a very critical move in this. We don't know the environment as well as the guild does. Perhaps we should at least ask for some sort of layout of the terrain. Or better yet, see if the guildmaster himself has a plan."

Layne wasn't so sure he would, who knew how many exploration teams had failed. Layne sighed. He couldn't find it in him to drift back to sleep. And it was halfway through the night....or at least it felt that way.

-----------------

Hirotaro and Bruno finally reached the entrance of the guild. "Well, that certainly took longer than I hoped," Bruno said. "Aplogies, guildmaster."

"Bruno," Hirotaro said, "think nothing of it. The Guild's still standing. Which hopefully means nothing too chaotic happened."

OOC: I'll let you decide if the guildmaster should intrude on Leigh and Alaska in the bush or not. I'm tired.

NightOfRemorse

Years
  • Leigh's eyes continued to drip with tears. If only that Chunk hadn't give him such a hard time, even if he did get a bit out of control. But who's fault was that? Leigh invited Alaska into his bush, and she followed without hesitation. She looked around, her eyes still able to see in the darkness.

"Leigh… what do you want to do? About the guildmaster, I mean," Alaska said, not whispering but not talking very loudly either. She didn't know any other way to ask him about the issue without worrying him. Alaska shook her pelt dry, her feather instantly perking up again.

"Apologies, guildmaster," a voice said outside the bush. Alaska's eyes widened at the sudden sound, and she moved some branches and leaves in order to look. The voice belonged to Bruno, and he was walking with… was it a Lucario?

The two came alone, without Retus. Oh boy. They left that poor snaky bastard alone out in the rain. He was annoying at times, but he sure did not deserve this. Then again, what if they killed him? Took care of him for good? Alaska doubted that would be better than being left outside in the middle of a storm, though. She let go of the branches, and they closed again into shape. She gestured her head toward where she just looked.

"That's him, I think," she whispered. Bruno and the Lucario continued their conversation, but their voices were muffled by the distance, the cover and the storm. Alaska suddenly remembered that Lucario can sense aura. If the bush didn't hide them, neither would their auras.

jarchio

Worst nightmare, best ally
    Years
  • Jarchio quickly woke up. He faintly sensed aura of a Lucario nearby. "maybe he can make sense of this mark...." he whispered under his breath. His heart raced faster and faster for each second that past. Jarchio felt his chances of being accepted as a guildmember rise. Just one of his spieces ment good things for him. Even if he wassnt accepted... He'd finally be able to see a lucario after five long year.

SamuraiMaster

Years
  • Hirotaro stopped in his tracks. He shook off the feeling of the wet rain, which was starting to cease, and shut his eyes. He still saw. Not the way normal pokemon did, th landscape before him was lit in a bright blue, white and darkening color.

This was aura. And with it's help, he saw almost everything, including but not limited to corruption.....and the two pokemon hiding behind the bush.

Brunp saw Hirotaro's pose. "What is it?"

Hirotaro opened his eyes, and walked directly to the bush...

Megaman765

Years
  • "Leigh… what do you want to do? About the guildmaster, I mean," Alaska asked him quietly after joining him.

Leigh floated silently thinking of what would happen if the guildmaster found out what Leigh did. He was right outside. From what the other pokemon said, he seemed like a nice enough guy... But who knows what they did to Retus. Leigh could be next. He could be left out in the rain to die. So many thoughts and emotions rushed through him.

"I... I..." Leigh paused as he heard footsteps. The guildmaster... Being a Lucario he had sensed their auras most likely. It just HAD to be a Lucario. Leigh just wanted to run... but to where? A corrupt wasteland where he would probably end up dieing anyways? He realized he was acting childish... but couldn't help it. With all that happened today, Why wouldn't he be? No other 14 year old Solosis should go through this crap.

Leigh floated closer to Alaska so that he was right beside her. "I can barely think straight. Just stay here please... To be honest, your the only pokemon out of them all I could really trust." The young Solosis said, floating between her arms. "Heh. We only met today... Why do you care about me so much? Everyone else knows just as much about me but dosen't show the same feelings you do..." He asked, waiting for his imminent encounter with the Guildmaster. Right now all he could do is be close to somebody he could trust. Alaska was the only candidate.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
  • Chunk waited as the Riolu ran out of the room before turning to Layne again.

"The Guild master? The Guild itself? What are you expecting will happen? You think they'll give you a map and tell you where to look?" He continued, walking to the window to look outside, to watch the downpour flood the lowest regions of the forest. "Because they won't. They'll force us to struggle forward with nothing but ourselves."

The Shinx paused for a moment to think about his own words.

"You saw how you all protected Leigh. You were protecting a corrupted being. You all saw it enraged. If you protect corruption... how are you going to help those who want to vanquish it?"

NightOfRemorse

Years
  • Leigh floated in between Alaska's arms. She cupped her paws around him like a barrier. "I care about you because I know how you feel. Whether I met you today, or yesterday, I still want to help you out as best as I can," Alaska said, her gaze moving toward where the Lucario was approaching. Hopefully, the guildmaster would be more understanding of Leigh's situation, as long as Chunk didn't try to tell him something that didn't happen. Leigh didn't start the fight, after all.

Thunder rumbled outside, indicating that the storm wasn't about to be over anytime soon. It would be peaceful if they were inside and sleeping. Those beds were awfully comfy looking.

In that brief second, Alaska decided what she would do. She put her arms down and stuck her head out of the bush. She yawned a huge yawn. "That was a great nap…" Her eyes slowly traveled up to meet with the Lucario's. "Oh, hello there. What can I do for you?" Alaska asked, seemingly oblivious to the rain, and to Bruno who was walking behind the Lucario. The wind blew, pushing the rain to pour down like needles.

SamuraiMaster

Years
  • OOC: Sorry, the Rockies are back in town, which means more work.

IC:

Layne sighed at Chunk's words. "I understand your feelings." Par of Layne knew Chunk was right, but Layne had to keep his eyes on why he was here. "But I don't know if you understand mine."

Layne stood up. "You are team leader, so the decision is in your hands. Try and get some rest." With that, Layne walked off, and out of the guest room.

--------

Hirotaro was greeted by a Sneasel. "That was a great nap…" Hirotaro couldn't help but give the 'what?' look. He didn't need to be a Lucario to know something was out of place here. "Oh, hello there. What can I do for you?"

"You can tell me why you're sleeping out here..." he simply said, "And who's behind you." he said, sensing a...very strange aura behind the Sneasel.

jarchio

Years
  • Jarchio quickly ran to a window closest to the outside. His excitement quickly turned to terror as he saw the lucario standing by a bush with the sneasel he saw in the dinning room, or what ever they called it here. Slowly he noticed an aura behind the sneasel. "leigh...." he murmered watching the scene. Yeah leigh sent him flying and lost control.... But was any of that his fault or a reason not to try and be friendly.... After all leigh was the one who came up to talk to him while everyone was eating.

"think jarchio.... Think...." he mumbled to himself in frustration. Suddenly he noticed a piece of rubble below his feet. "here goes my chances...." he sighed and picked up the stone. Quickly he aimed for the lucario and threw it as hard as he could, hitting the pokemon in the arm with a loud smack.

Megaman765

Years
  • (Was gonna wait for night but I guess I can get something up)

Leigh shuddered in fear behind Alaska. The guildmaster was right there... and he obviously knew something was wrong. What was he supposed to do? He was thinking too much... that was it. But what they did to Retus... the same could happen to Leigh.

"You can tell me why you're sleeping out here..." he simply said, "And who's behind you."

Leigh should have just gave himself up. Either way, He was gonna lead a pretty crappy life if he isolated himself. Might as well just get it over with as depressed as he was... As he peeked out of the bush, Leigh noticed somebody else was outside. It was the Riolu from before... For whatever reason, He picked up a small rock, and aimed for the guild master.

"Look out!" Leigh yelled as he jumped in front of the guild master and used protect to block the incoming rock. Probobly wasn't worth being dramatic but now he was in the open and exposed. Leigh looked back at the Guildmaster with fear and was slowly backing away. The corruption reacted to the night sky...

NightOfRemorse

Years
  • Alaska's eye's half shut as the Lucario, erm, guildmaster talked, barely understanding what he said. "What? Nobody is-" Alaska's sentence was cut off as Leigh sprang out and yelled, "Look out!" he jumped in front of the guildmaster and used Protect as a rock soared over. The rock hit the barrier and fell to the ground. Alaska quit acting tired, since the cover was obviously blown now. She jumped out of the bush and looked at where the rock had come from. It had been thrown by Jarchio. Alaska looked at the guildmaster to see how he reacted to this.

"...Well, what do you think of our wonderful Leigh, here? He saved you from possible... possible terror!" She gasped and pointed at the little rock on the ground. True, the guildmaster knew that this little stone could not cause terror, but it was worth a shot. Alaska was ready, should any type of fight ensue.

SamuraiMaster

Years
  • OOC: Sorry, finished up a homestand today. So I'll be postig something soon, but at the moment, kinda busy.

SamuraiMaster

Years
  • Hirotaro was caught by surprise by what had all happened a once. Bruno saw who threw the stone and picked up the Riolu and held him up.

Hirotaro saw this but was then forced to listen to the Sneasel's possible terror routine. AND the guy who had just blocked th stone was reacting, only the way corrupted pokémon reacted.

Hirotaro held up a hand.

He closed his eyes. And looked at the Solosis. Corruption had touched him, no doubt. Not much, but he would need to rid himself of it soon. Hirotaro put a palm to the Solosis corrupt area, and focused hard.

(I'll let you decide what happens. I'm trying a method that will at least tame the corruption for the moment.)

Megaman765

Years
  • Leigh stood frozen in fear as the Guildmaster held his hand up. It wasn't any hostile energy but he was trying to do something with the corrupt blotch inside of Leigh... The blotch didn't like this one bit as it attempted to resist this energy. Eventually it gave in... the blotch's power was weakened temporarily... at least for the rest of the night. That wasn't to say it wouldn't go off wreaking havoc the next night...

After Hirotaro was done Leigh floated behind Alaska. He was still slightly traumatized from all of the events that had occurred. The guildmaster probobly didn't even know about what happened earlier in the guest rooms...

NightOfRemorse

Years
  • Alaska watched the guildmaster put his hand against the blotch on Leigh. Without hesitation, she stepped closer in case this Lucario decided to try anything against Leigh. When the guildmaster finished, Leigh hid behind Alaska.

"Are we to go inside?" she asked the guildmaster, holding her sharp claws up. Her eyes narrowed. Leigh had been bullied by everybody enough as it was. They didn't need the boss of the entire exploration guild to turn against Leigh, too. Alaska took very small sidesteps, enough to move toward the guild, but slow enough so that Leigh would be able to follow suit as he hid.

jarchio

Years
  • "sorry leigh.... I was only trying to help...." Jarchio muttered starring at the ground dangling from from a pokemons clutches. Slowly he closed his eyes ready to hear his punishment..... If he was lucky to even get one... He dangled there wishing he would have thought through all his choices. Wishing he would have stayed in the bed. He mostly wished he never got his hopes up.

"W-What are you going to do with me...." he muttered looking at the lucario then back to the ground. Jarchio quickly listed his options in his head. I can stay and probably lie my way into the guild. I can run.... But then i wouldnt ever know what would have happened. Or i can just take what ever is coming After he listed all his choices in his mind, Jarchio let out a sigh and waited for the larger pokemon to answer him.

Megaman765

Years
  • Rain was still pouring down from the sky. Retus couldn't take it anymore... he decided to stop and relax under a nearby tree. He would have prefered a cave but around this area, there wasn't going to be one for a long time. Retus felt a flow of emotions flow through his head... He was pissed at both Hirotaro and Bruno for what they did to him. Having been left in the rain to die? Not what he'd expect to happen. He worried about the Pokemon there being sent to the mountains and meeting certain doom. They didn't deserve to be corrupt, it was their involvement and curiosity that got them into that position. That's what Retus thought.

"Some Pokemon can be so cruel." Retus said to himself. A tiny Caterpie crawled down from the tree and rested on Retus' shoulder.

"Kehe. Your not corrupt? What are you doing around here? It's dangerous... someone so young shouldn't be in such a dangerous place..." He said to the baby Caterpie. It stayed though and slept on Retus's shoulder... He couldn't help but smile, looking at the innocent Pokemon. What was it doing around such a dangerous place? Just above him there were noises... the sound of a Butterfree.

"Stay here..." Retus whispered to the Caterpie as he placed it down on the grass. Retus climbed up the tree to check out what the noise was. There was indeed a butterfree, and three torn up Caterpie babies. It wasn't a corrupt pokemon that did it however, she showed signs of corruption. She was exposed... He could feel it.

Retus slowly walked to the wounded Butterfree... it was crying in pain. Once it turned, nothing could save it. "...Some Pokemon can be cruel creatures huh? Their actions create a physical substance and cause others around them to completely lose their minds... I'm sorry that you had to be one of the victims." He said to the dieing Butterfree. It's wings were changing to a darker color. He broke off a tree branch and sharpened the end of it with its claws.

"I don't want innocent Pokemon experiencing this terrible power. If I find your killer I'll be sure to make it pay dearly..." Retus held up the sharpened branch and impaled the butterfree against the tree, "saving" her from further corruption. Retus felt it was the only way to stop her from experiencing the power of corruption... and escape. It felt right.

Retus' eyes were glowing blue this time. A sign of sadness. He hoped down to the tree to check if the Caterpie was still there. Thankfully it was. Retus sat on the grass and places the Caterpie on his lap.

"I'll separate the Corrupt and the Pure... create a new world where nobody can do wrong. If it means losing my own mind to the corruption then that's fine..." His eyes turned red. The Caterpie on his lap snuggled closer to Retus. He chuckled and placed his hand on top of the Caterpie. Eventually, he fell asleep.

Back