• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PMD: Exploration and Corruption of the New Frontier (IC)(PG-13)

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
Years
  • Hirotaro entered the guild with the three explorers, and Bruno followed. Hirotaro lead them all to his chamber, and turned to face them all. Bruno stood at the entrance of the chamber. Hirotaro sighed. "Something is telling me, that something hapened while we were gone."

It didn't surprise him none, but he wished his top apprentices would handle things better in the future.

"Can I get a story from each of you?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • The guild master guided everyone to his chambers. He was originally called there when he first arrived to the guild. He was going to have a little chat with him after all it seemed. He stopped hiding behind Alaska and floated in between everyone.

"As you can see, A corrupt substance dwells within me. But... its odd. This thing talks to me and can even possess me. I took out Team Salvedores alone because of it... Their leader got hurt the most though." Leigh paused and looked down at the floor. "B... but I didn't want to hurt him! The corrupt blotch... well... it protected me in a way but I didn't want to hurt Chunk that badly!" Leigh didn't want to tell the guild master that Chunk freaking threatened to kill him. It was enough that Leigh was slightly corrupt.

"So what are you gonna do with me... huh?" He asked with a depressed tone.

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
  • "Something is telling me, that something hapened while we were gone," the guildmaster said as everyone walked inside. Oh, you bet something did. "Can I get a story from each of you?" he asked. Alaska looked to the side at Leigh without moving her head. She didn't want to make any sudden movements and then have someone cry, "corruption!" Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad, but she could take no risks here. Leigh explained everything that happened. "So what are you gonna do with me... huh?" he asked sadly.

Alaska couldn't take it anymore. This wasn't just. You don't accuse somebody of causing something without first knowing the whole story. It seemed that nowadays it was "Guilty until proven innocent," instead of the other way around, like it should've been. "Don't you wanna talk about who started it?!" Alaska found herself asking. She finally turned her head fully to look at Leigh, and then she looked up at the guildmaster as if saying, C'mon, give the kid a break.

Megaman765

Years
  • Leigh flinched when Alaska asked if he was going to mention Chunk or not. He was the one who started it but Leigh could understand his reasoning for being so rash. He wasn't sure what happened but Leigh could tell. Chunk must have lost something to the Corruption. Killing carriers seemed to be a viable option in his mind. But... eh...

"...Yes. I was threatened to be killed... but don't take it out on Chunk! Something was probably going through his mind... I don't really want to blame him for the mess... I nearly killed him and his team myself!" Leigh insisted.

jarchio

Worst nightmare, best ally
    Years
  • "S-Sir if i may...." jarchio said with a sort of worried look. "its my fault... I could have stopped chunk, but i sat there and watched...." he said hanging his head. But he wassnt even sure he could have stopped him. "i was to afraid to leave the bed. I-i didnt know what to do so i watched hoping someone else saw what was going on...." He said avoiding eye contact with the guildmaster by staring at the ground. "so in a way its mostly my fault..." he said with a sad sigh as he rubbed his bandaged mark.

D. Lawride

Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!
    Years
  • "I'm not a child..." He whispered to himself once Layne disappeared behind the walls. Why did he insist in treating him like so? He was the leader! "Tsc... Get some rest..." He continued, lying down and closing his eyes.

But he couldn't sleep. His duel with Leigh was still latent, flashing in mind like a slideshow, showing each and every step he took, and every blow he endured, until he couldn't take it anymore and was thrown away by the last, most powerful attack. It was such a vivid memory that he could almost feel the energy wave strike him, forcing the Shinx to open his eyes again and notice that he was sweating.

"Damn corruption..."

It was then that he began to hear voices. At first he didn't give much notice, but once they grew closer and more varied, he couldn't help but get up and approach the room's entrance.

"Don't you wanna talk about who started it?!" That voice... he had heard it before...
    But it didn't matter; that could only mean that the conversation was about him and the battle, and that alone made Chunk's eyes go red.

"Why that..." He started, trailing off as he walked closer to the voice's origin. "B-But... that's the guildmaster...!"

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • OOC: Sorry for late notice but tomorrow, I will be gone for a couple days. Friend invited me out to Nebraska for Independence Day weekend. Let's see if I can get a quality post here.

IC:

Hirotaro held up a hand. He had heard what he needed to hear. "Your case of corruption, is quite unique I must say." he said to Leigh. "Most cases I've come across, involve slightly corrupt, or completely corrupt pokémon who either have or don't have control. You show some signs of control. Then again...the pokémon we encountered back there, also claimed control..." he said thinking out loud, about Retus.

When asked what he would do with him, before Hirotaro could answer, Alaska burst with a demand for who started it, which caused Leigh to talk more about the fight with Salvadores, and the Riolu, told also about how he could have stopped the leader an-
    Hirotaro held his hand up again. "Please..." he said. "I do not plan on doing anything to you, Leigh, that would seem harmful. Our mission is not to destroy corruption, but rid ourselves of it. I cannot say I know how to help you of your situation involving you small corruption. My suggestion is to carry with you at all times, a personal item with an aura made by myself and several other guildmasters across the land, which at least helps subdue corruption. What I can currently do, will only last for a day at most. Soon, it will wear off, and your corruptive side will rise again."

He looked at the Riolu. "As for you, I wouldn't put blame on yourself for what you failed to do. The spirit is willing to do many things, but the body will fail to respond."

Hirotaro breathed. "There is tension in the walls of the guild. Things are going to start to be very hard for everyone. My worries of safety, have indeed risen. We need more information, which means we need to find out what is on that mountain. Chances are, i will try to help when I can next time one team should leave for the mountain. We're running out of time."

Megaman765

Years
  • Leigh was releaved that the guild master wouldn't hurt him. He should have expected that from the beginning. He was upset still, but felt a little bit better. A personal item... ah! That crystal shard he had with him! Leigh checked around him and noticed it was gone... did the corruption consume it? He was more vulnerable then anything... but maybe he could find a replacement.

Signs of control... If he showed signs of control, then maybe that would be the key to not being taken over. Of course... if he were to learn about controling the corruption, the only one that would possibly be able to teach him would be Retus...

"T...thank you... Hirotaro..." Leigh said. He heard Hirotaro mention the safety of the guild. With the corruption spreading, everyone would have to figure out what was up in those mountains... guilds everywhere else were taking care of situations in their own respective areas. Best thing to do now would be to get some sleep.

"Alaska... could... um... I... could I possibly sleep with you...? I'm not too sure of going back to the guest room with Chunk..." He asked her. The rain was starting to slightly die down. It wasn't so loud as it was before and the lightning completely stopped.

D. Lawride

Years
  • Chunk listened through the guildmaster's speech to Leigh and the others in its team behind the room's wall.
    Tsc... Rid ourselves of corruption? Since when has that been proven to be effective?
    Corruption can't be 'rid of', it needs to be completely annihilated, else it would just come back and corrupt even more...
    Leigh was no exception.

But those thoughts faded away immediately as the guildmaster concluded its speech. The mountains were apparently also on the guild's agenda... If so, that could only prove useful to his team, and he would manage to take what he said to Layne forward.

"That would be us." He said, walking into the room and towards the Lucario. He tried to avoid eye contact with Leigh as he went through the crowd, but only managed to do it for half the way. "My team is leaving for the mountains first thing in the morning. Any help we can take is welcome."

From the corner of the eye, he also spotted Jarchio, and something came to his mind.

"You're welcome to come... if you still wish to join us." He told him.

NightOfRemorse

Years
  • The Riolu, Jarchio, tried to take all the blame for what happened. This kid was decent. Alaska was relieved hearing that the guildmaster had no resentment towards Leigh. This guildmaster wasn't bad, at all. However, Alaska was confused on one aspect. They were to rid themselves of the corruption, but not destroy it. Would that even be helpful? Would it not return again?

"T...thank you... Hirotaro..." Leigh said. Oh, so his name was Hirotaro. That helped a lot. Thanks Leigh. "Alaska… could... um... I... could I possibly sleep with you...? I'm not too sure of going back to the guest room with Chunk..." Leigh said, sounding nervous. Alaska couldn't help but chuckle at the way he worded it.

"Of course! Don't worry, I'll be your bodyguard! I can stop that Shinx from getting anywhere near you! Watch," Alaska replied. She gently moved Leigh closer to Hirotaro. Then, she jumped in between them, facing Hirotaro. "Stay back, I have claws and I'm not afraid to use 'em!" Alaska exclaimed, demonstrating how great of a bodyguard she was. "See? Nothing will get past me," Alaska told Leigh. "and I'm sorry if I scared you too much, guildmaster," she joked. A lame one, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

"That would be us." a voice suddenly said. Alaska whipped her head toward it and saw Chunk walk in. She trembled slightly, holding back a growl and forcing herself not to lunge at the handicapped Shinx. If she couldn't control herself, it was she who would get kicked out of the guild for continuing the fighting. "My team is leaving for the mountains first thing in the morning. Any help we can take is welcome." Alaska glared at him. Only if you don't decide to attack us on the job. "You're welcome to come... if you still wish to join us," Chunk said to Jarchio.

jarchio

Years
  • Jarchio let a small smirk cross his face. "after i begged you to let me join you think i would just leave and have what? A life on the streets? Yea right i rather stay here where i feel welcome!" he said smiling wildly. Should i show them.... Should i reveal my secret to them before i get to know them. The though ran through jarchios mind over and over only to be met by the cruel words others have spat at him. Slowly jarchio made up his mind only to reveal his mark when he felt it was the right time.

"chunk thank you..... For giving me a chance..... I wot let you down..... Neither you guildmaster....." jarchio said holding back a few tears of joy before giving a slight bow to the guildmaster.

Megaman765

Years
  • Leigh couldn't help but smile during Alaska's whole Bodyguard act. She was so cheerful, and had so much spirit. Leigh was lucky to have a friend like that. Somebody close that would stick with you the whole way. Somebody to really trust as if they were a family member...family... Leigh decided to talk the Alaska privately in her mind as they walked out of the room.

"I really can't say if leaving for the mountains right away is such a good idea... Whatever got the other pokemon up there is bound to get us. We aren't like experts at this or anything, I know that... but... I'd rather not talk about that stuff for awhile." He said to Alaska. The rain outside had been dieing down... what perfect timing.

"Hey, the rains stopping... if we can't find anywhere to rest in here why don't we find somewhere outside?" Leigh said, floating down into Alaska's arms. "Hehe. You lead the way!" Leigh said cheerfully. He was fond being around Alaska... She was pretty much the closest thing to a sister he had at this point.

NightOfRemorse

Years
  • "I really can't say if leaving for the mountains right away is such a good idea... Whatever got the other pokemon up there is bound to get us. We aren't like experts at this or anything, I know that... but... I'd rather not talk about that stuff for awhile," Leigh said. Alaska thought about this remark for a moment. He did have a point, but she was really tempted to go and get the show on the road. What mattered now, however, was Leigh's wellbeing. It wouldn't be good if something were to happen and shake him up again.

"Hey, the rains stopping... if we can't find anywhere to rest in here why don't we find somewhere outside?" Leigh said, floating down into Alaska's arms. "Hehe. You lead the way!" he said cheerfully. This was a good sign. He was obviously a lot more relaxed. Alaska couldn't help but smile when he floated into her arms with ease. Just hours ago, he had gotten rather mad about her holding him.

~ "Wow, I've never seen a Pokémon like you before! You're like… jello…"
    "…Yes… Jello... Look miss. I'll only warn you once. Please put me down. I'm not fond of people touching me and I'd prefer not to make any enemies…" ~

Alaska laughed when she remembered their first meeting. "Alright, let's go back into the tree we were in before," Alaska replied happily. She walked toward the door, turned around and glimpsed one more time at Chunk with an I dare you to attack us, expression. Alaska opened the door and closed it once she and Leigh were outside. She held him in one arm and ran with her legs and other arm. She effortlessly scaled the tree. "It's so cool and fresh out here. The rain made it so nice," Alaska acknowledged.

Megaman765

Years
  • Leigh felt kinda dizzy when Alaska was running, holding him in one of her arms. She was fast no doubt... Leigh remembered battling her. Using snatch allowed Leigh to feel what it was like to be so quick. Once on top of the tree Leigh felt more relaxed. Being outside after the rain made it all the more refreshing. Leigh relaxed and sat on Alaska's lap.

"I'm glad the storm passed so soon... its always nice after a big rainstorm..." Leigh said, smiling at Alaska, yawning. It was odd... Leigh felt an odd joy being near Alaska. She was like a sister, and Leigh couldn't help but love her like one.

"I wonder if he's right. About me showing signs of control. It's not a power I'm willing to keep but if I can keep control of it, I can stop myself from being taken by it... perhaps... use it for..." Leigh paused. "...****. I sound like Retus now... Hehe..."

NightOfRemorse

Years
  • "Ay, don't get any ideas of overpowering all of us!" Alaska joked, laughing. "I think we should get some sleep, no doubt tomorrow will be an even longer day than today..." The thought of that was actually really tiring. The things they would run into when they made it to the top of that mountain... Would they meet even stronger corrupted Pokémon? What would happen if they were to somehow overpower the explorers? Alaska closed her eyes and tried to sleep, but she was still taking in everything that happened today.

((OOC: Wow, this is a short post. Hah.))

jarchio

Years
  • "i should go back to sleep...." jarchio said with a yawn before backing to the door. "guildmaster...." he said with a bow to show respect then left the room. Jarchio slowly stumbled to, where he thought his bed landed after the fight, and crawled into it. "if we run into corrupted pokemon..... Will we survive...." he asked himself shuddering at the fact that he was about to risk his life. Slowly without another thought jarchio fell asleep.

Megaman765

Years
  • Leigh smiled back to Alaska. Leigh was getting tired as well and so was Alaska. Her eyes were closed when she was finished talking. She looked like she was having trouble sleeping though. Leigh snuggled up against Alaska and got comfortable.

"Alaska... if I do lose my mind to the corruption... I'd like you to take care of me when that does happen. I don't want to hurt anymore pokemon..." Leigh asked her as he tried to fall asleep himself.

D. Lawride

Years
  • Alaska's bodyguard act distracted Chunk from what Jarchio was saying; what was up with that Sneasel? Why did she protect Leigh like that?

"Of course! Don't worry, I'll be your bodyguard! I can stop that Shinx from getting anywhere near you! Watch," She said, causing the Shinx to narrow his eyes at her as she continued to 'act', this time towards the guildmaster.
    Keep him away from Leigh? As if... everyone saw how well that had worked the previous night...

But he didn't do anything; he just watched as the twosome left the room, with Alaska turning around right before leaving, apparently to dare him with the look on her eyes.
    You don't know what getting into... He spoke in his mind before turning to the guildmaster, bowing, "Guildmaster." and leaving for his room. "I need to tell Layne that we're leaving."

"If we run into corrupted pokemon..... Will we survive...." He heard as he went away, and he couldn't help but wonder that as well.

"We'll see..."

jarchio

Years
  • Jarchio found himself once again waking, but this time it was because of a bad dream.... No... A horible dream. "m-my family...... Washed away..... Its not fair....." he said letting the tears roll from his eyes for a few moments. Slowly jarchio decide on sleeping on the roof of the guild which he'd done in other areas before.

On the roof jarchio quickly took a shaky breath letting the night air enter his body. "stars are gifts.... Cherish them..." jarchio mumbled something his father told him as he laid on the roof letting the nearby krikitunes lulaby him to sleep.

Last edited:
    Back