• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Akagi would be Cyrus, I suppose.

Not much information has been released yet, though I am highly interested in the "Battle Frontier" of Pokemon Platinum. I was disappointed by Giratina's Origin form sprite in the game, as it really looked something that was rushed and desperate to get done. I suspect that in the battlefield the Health Bars' format will change. Such evidence is found in the screenshot where the hero battles the wild Giratina. I certainly hope that Pokemon Platinum will hold many new features that adapt to the environment. What I have really been wanting to see is seasons in the game, but I doubt that will be held in Pokemon Platinum. I want a bigger and more interesting storyline, and a bigger game since most of the previous games had storylines that ended too quickly. I loved the installment of the PokeNav and I wish it would make a reappearance in Pokemon Platinum. I am highly interested in what the storyline will be like. I wonder what this "deeper story" involving Giratina will be. It obviously will be quite large since Giratina has gained another form. I always had thought that Platinum would be quite a random name, seeing that Giratina is actually named after an Opal. Ah, well, I look forward to Platinum being on the market next year. I am sure to buy this game.

darkace

super dark elite kid
    Years
    I think a battle should rage outn against the three, ending with shaymin freezing all three of them with is new type, and put them in different places. Then we have to find them all, but are the starters the same.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I suspect that Origin Forme Girantina will be more Offensively oriented. The only base stat we know for sure is its Base 150 HP. All Pokemon with Alternate forms retain the same Base HP.

I just hope it isn't soemthing simple like this:

HP: 150
    ATT: 120
    DEF: 100
    SP.ATT: 120
    SP.DEF: 100
    SPEED: 90

Just switch the attack stats into defense. I think this would be mroe appropriate, as it's quite slow for an Uber still witht he above Configuration:

DEF: 90
    SP.DEF: 90
    SPEED: 110

There. Now we have Speed that can utilize the beefed up Attack Stats, while still remaining Bulky due to it's HP.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Pokémon Platinum

Ah, much better to organize into another sticky, the F.A.Q was getting a little out of hand. o_o"

` What do you think?

I believe the game will have some needed upgrades, such as the wireless connection underground. I do wonder two things the most... Volkner is said to no longer be the gym leader of Sunyshore, there are various scenarios that can come from this, so interested to see the outcome or any information released on that. Secondly, how Giratina's fits into the game and, more in-depth, the red chain. Will the Lake Trio still affect Giratina? Will the plot have a large change? I wonder about that. The storyline should take quite a rift, I believe.

Other notes, I'm also interested with Clade. on this edition of "Battle Frontier" (I have no clue what it's called for Platinum) of Pokémon Platinum.It was fun in emerald, and like to see what they do with it for this.

So overall, I think the game is getting some needed additions... And looking forward to playing it.

` What do you want to happen?

I want a revamp in contests. There's just no hype to it at all, and for some people they are quite easy. Maybe adding difficulty levels as you win them? I want to see hype where, say, your in the fourth town and you get a notification that a grand contest is coming up. Maybe a one time thing, such as the S.S. Anne was. I hope for Dialga and Palkia to be catchable at level 70. D/P just needs more side events, after you complete the elite four... It well... Gets rather boring, to be completely honest, once you complete the island and such, etc. I'd also like to see Volkner become Elite Four, get a revamped team, and fight him. It's one of the various possibilities floating about, and I'd be quite content with that. Though, Cynthia is fantastic, and I would never mind her being the champion. Just want Volkner to get some worthy challengers. :o

Bringing back a multiple attempt at the gyms is a needed upgrade as well, in my opinion. Along with the level rate... What I mean by that is an upgrade in levels of our opponents, as you've seen since Red, Blue, and Yellow... The level rate has decreased some, I still want a higher rate back. Or at least an option in the beginning, Hard or Normal. Making trainers stay in a town and train for once so they can actually keep up with the level rate is a good thing, in my opinion. Maybe it's just me with that. XD

Dunsparce said:
    DEF: 100
    SP.DEF: 100
    SPEED: 90

Just switch the attack stats into defense. I think this would be mroe appropriate, as it's quite slow for an Uber still witht he above Configuration:

DEF: 90
    SP.DEF: 90
    SPEED: 110

The thing is... It's stats reach 680, which is uber. Oh well, it would fun I guess for the trainers who play the uber metagame. I kinda hoped the stats would take some random major hit with this form so we could bring try it in OU. XD Though, meh, keep the beast locked away.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    The thing is... It's stats reach 680, which is uber. Oh well, it would fun I guess for the trainers who play the uber metagame. I kinda hoped the stats would take some random major hit with this form so we could bring try it in OU. XD Though, meh, keep the beast locked away.

They'd NEVER Reduce or Add to the BST. Regardless, it will have a BST on 680 and will most likely remain Uber.

And like I said, it will Still have Base 150 HP u.u

Which one of the two configurations I made seem to fit it the most?

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    They'd NEVER Reduce or Add to the BST. Regardless, it will have a BST on 680 and will most likely remain Uber.

And like I said, it will Still have Base 150 HP u.u

Which one of the two configurations I made seem to fit it the most?

I know they most likely won't change it's base stat total. It's another form... You can always hope for something. XD; But yeah, they won't change it. Oh well. ;P

I would believe the second fits... The wings give a sense that the new stats would have more speed. So yes, the second seems fit for it's look, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I guess Cyrus is going to pursue using Giratina this time around? Yay, I've always loved Giratina this gen. I dunno why, but it seems so much more interesting than all the other ubers. I even used my Master Ball on it (it's seriously underrated)

I just hope that in this gen, the E4 increase in levels. I want Lv. 80 Pokemon or at least a Red/Steven in this gen (high leveled trainer)

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    I guess Cyrus is going to pursue using Giratina this time around? Yay, I've always loved Giratina this gen. I dunno why, but it seems so much more interesting than all the other ubers. I even used my Master Ball on it (it's seriously underrated)

I just hope that in this gen, the E4 increase in levels. I want Lv. 80 Pokemon or at least a Red/Steven in this gen (high leveled trainer)

They better make it so that if you can battle an uber strong cynthia, than you can do it multiple times unlike Steven. One time isnt enough. Also rebattlng the gym leaders is definately needed.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    I think a battle should rage outn against the three, ending with shaymin freezing all three of them with is new type, and put them in different places. Then we have to find them all, but are the starters the same.
    I'd like you to know that Shaymin's Ice type has not been confirmed. And I would not support a triple battle because that would mean you would be showing the opponent half of your team right off the bat. That much power aimed at one Pokemon is quite much, too.

I haven't really thought of it, but I do agree with the statement of a speedier Giratina.

Toastypk

Baku.
    Years
    I honestly don't really want to think of wild speculations, I'll just wait to see what comes.

Though I do want it so that you can battle gym leaders again. Seriously.

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    What would be awesome is a new version of the Poketch with a Coloured interface, Gym leader rebattles, and the ability to catch Both Dialga and Palkia. Enhanced movesets for the starters would be good too.

Golden Shaymin

Taking a short break
    Years
    or the ability to explore johto then they wont have to work so hard to make a map of johto again but maybe after you get so far in the battle fronteir thingy

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    To everybody: I get pictures every time there's news on my profile. Check it out! (There are only three pictures so far- not adding Origin Form Giratina, but adding the battle pic)

Years
    or the ability to explore johto then they wont have to work so hard to make a map of johto again but maybe after you get so far in the battle fronteir thingy

I love this idea. After finishing the E4, (plus all the legendary and non-legendary side events, ) I'd like it if Professor Rowan comes and gives you an airplane ticket (or something like that lol) and gives you the ability to go back to Kanto, Johto and Hoenn. Of course, the Pokemon's max levels have to be increased, maybe up to 225. Or 150. Then you'd get to battle all the previous E4 again.

This is someone else's idea which I found in another forum, but I can't remember his/her username. Sorry :p
    Also, they seem to have left alot of unused areas and unobtainable Pokemon in DP. I'm thinking the storyline
    of the "third" version (Pokemon Amethyst? Pokemon Quartz?) will have to do with a big battle between Dialga
    and Palkia and Giratina, with Arceus coming down and either stopping the fight or leading said legendaries
    against the humans claiming that humanity has become too corrupted (THAT would be awesome).

Then all of the Sinnoh Elite Four (With the help of Lucas, Dawn, Pearl and Cynthia), the Hoenn Elite Four (with
    the aid of May, Brendan, Steven, Wallace, and Wally), and the Kanto/Johto Elite Four (With the aid of Red, Blue
    and Lance) all fight against Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus in a huge battle all over Sinnoh just after
    you get the 8th badge.

Then after you beat the Sinnoh League, you fight in the National League against GYM Leaders and Elite Four members
    of all regions.

That game would make an awesome 'battle of the gods' scenario for a last Pokemon game.

Every time I read this I feel excited, but I guess they won't make something like this...

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Rebattling gym leaders is a definite...I want to see them gain some new team members and re-challenge you. It'd be helpful if we don't have to wait until after the E4 but whatever works.

PokeNav, eh, I wouldn't mind seeing it back.

A journey back to Johto is something we've all been waiting for, but I doubt that's going to be an option. Though Jasmine on the beach in D/P might hint something is coming...

Battle Frontier? That'd be sweet. I loved the Emerald battle styles. Also, in D/P you teamed up with some pretty random people throughout to get by a cut-scene or two. Teaming up with important story characters like Cynthia or a gym leader (or Dawn, that's always fun) to have more of an effect in the main plot would be a good idea. ^_^

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Actually, in my albums I noticed that when Cyrus is talking to Giratina, there is Dialga and Palkia in the background. They might have to do something with this. I say that they might be obtainable.

Golden Shaymin

Taking a short break
    Years
    yeah they need to increase the max level of pokemon
    also im not too sure but i think they will change Volkner to champion like they did with wallace and give the 8th gym leader a french name like they did b4

EDIT: dont think the trip to johto will happen though i have heard a rumour that nintendo have copyrighted dawn hold and dusk silver but like i said its a rumour, expect anything

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    well, I dunno. The S.S Ticket is hidden in the game, so...

Maybe after you finish all the stuff in Sinnoh, you get that Ticket from Rowan/Oak. Then Oak leads you to a ship (The S.S Anne) And you go to Kanto, then after that to Johto?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back