• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pocket Monsters Platinum speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudkiprulz

Yay Mudkipz
    Years
    The "choose your own song" idea seems interesting, however, I wouldn't care either way weather they put that feature in or not.

I like the temperature app idea. One more thing: I hope the Poketch has color in Platinum! I really don't like this monochrome thing they have going on in DP.

yah i agree to those three.... even though i dont have wifi.....

the tempertaure app is cool (made by me)

u can change color by giving the person in pal park a keckleon, but you can only turn it into one color.... so ya that idea is good 2.

technogen

gameshark code hacker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    the game looks good... kind of like a emerald or crystal for the d/p generation.
    i was happy with pearl, so this should be a good game. from what i hear it comes out in japan in september. and US sometime in spring 09.

there will be new areas (i think) in a couple screenshots i saw, there were 2 new areas:
    1: some kind of castle type area
    2: some kind of game room

if they made an emerald for diamond and pearl wouldn't it be with Arceus as the main legendary?

Years
    Yes the idea of it being hot fine cold would be better than farenhit and celsis because if they don't swich it would be bad and if they do it would take to long and one question i personaly like dawns new out fit but i hate lucass so i think i will be a girl because i reallly hate the guys outfit what about you

mudkiprulz

Yay Mudkipz
    Years
    if they made an emerald for diamond and pearl wouldn't it be with Arceus as the main legendary?

no, not really.... you didnt see mew as the main pokemon in yellow... you see suicune (its about the dogs but mainly on a hunt for suicune)and u didnt see the main pokemon in emerald jirachi or deoxys.... there was rayquaza. it had a link to kyogre and groudon. and, if they put arceus in thar, people would pretty much own with it.

i dont get why they put giratina in, it has no link with dialga/palkia?

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    @hothead: use correct grammar, its hard to understand you.
    @mudkiprulz: IMO, Giratina is to Dialga and Palkia as Rayquaza is to Kyogre and Groudon. The third Pokemon (in this case, Giratina) is responsible for keeping the two others (Dialga and Palkia) under raps.

mudkiprulz

Yay Mudkipz
    Years
    @hothead: use correct grammar, its hard to understand you.
    @mudkiprulz: IMO, Giratina is to Dialga and Palkia as Rayquaza is to Kyogre and Groudon. The third Pokemon (in this case, Giratina) is responsible for keeping the two others (Dialga and Palkia) under raps.
    in this case... but didnt before it never had anything to do with them?
    Well i think it has a link cause its part dragon and has the same eyes and has a jewl on it or somthin like that.
    same eyes... y es about dragon type, but has no jewels... but it sorta has a pattern....

exept unlike kyogre,ground, and rayquaza, dialga and palkia and giratina have a two pokemon gap inbetween...

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    I hope battles look better in this game. Nintendo hasn't revamped the battle system since Red/Blue. It's the same thing except with cleaner graphics. When Diamond and Pearl came out I was expecting the battles to look more like battles, something like Dragon Quest Monsters Joker or something but the game still hasn't changed, Pokemon Ranger looks better than D/P. They seriously need to revamp the entire game.

Also, going to other regions wouldn't be such a bad idea. It worked for G/S and to me it looks like why that was popular was because you can go back to Kanto, no one really cared about Johto from what I'm reading.

If any of this was already posted then sorry. But this is what I think should change and hopefully be in Platinum but I doubt it will.

GS the Bounty Hunter

Chomp Pwnz On Shoddy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2009
    I've read alot about Jasmine being a Gym Leader in Sinnoh. But aren't G/S/C and D/P at the same time? Threfore,Jasmine couldn't very well be the gym leader in two places at once.

Years
    I hope battles look better in this game. Nintendo hasn't revamped the battle system since Red/Blue. It's the same thing except with cleaner graphics. When Diamond and Pearl came out I was expecting the battles to look more like battles, something like Dragon Quest Monsters Joker or something but the game still hasn't changed, Pokemon Ranger looks better than D/P. They seriously need to revamp the entire game.

Also, going to other regions wouldn't be such a bad idea. It worked for G/S and to me it looks like why that was popular was because you can go back to Kanto, no one really cared about Johto from what I'm reading.

If any of this was already posted then sorry. But this is what I think should change and hopefully be in Platinum but I doubt it will.

Sorry i do not agree with you because if they revamp the games to much like in pokemon ranger it would become crap i like the system how it is now i this has nothing to do with it but i hated the fact that with final fantasy X was awsome the battle system rocked and then in Final fantasy XII completly screwed it up i would hate it if they recked my favorite game pokemon like they did to Final fantasy

Qwerty-117

Is looking for a VBScripter
    Years
    no, not really.... you didnt see mew as the main pokemon in yellow... you see suicune (its about the dogs but mainly on a hunt for suicune)and u didnt see the main pokemon in emerald jirachi or deoxys.... there was rayquaza. it had a link to kyogre and groudon. and, if they put arceus in thar, people would pretty much own with it.

i dont get why they put giratina in, it has no link with dialga/palkia?
    actually, giratina has a big link to dialga and palkia, just not many ppl know it because it wasnt emphasised in D/P enough. Giratina is the 3rd of the dragon trio, dragon/steel is dialga, dragon/water is palkia and dragon/ghost is giratina, but there is a gap of 2 or 3 in the pokedex order. also, shaymin's new form wont be legit in platinum, it has to be traded from D/P and it changes form on its way back and forth, just like deoxys, and I think regigigas's new form is a fake, it hasnt been talked about and had enough pics, the pics it does have look like it was made from an empoleon.

Johnnyboi

Street Pokéster
    Years
    Meh, Pokémon Platinum will probably just be a sugarpill for me, Pokemon Gold & Silver DS would get me way more exited.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    despite how exciting Platinum is, i would like to see what nintendo is planning on for the 2nd generation remake.

Brien

Epic Panda.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    What I want to see is more customization.

I wish you had more interaction as yourself

not a lookalike of a pokemon trainer ( for example: looking like ash kechum)

I would enjoy designing your character sprite and possibly make it so you can challenge gym leaders again.

also, access to other regions would be nice.

lets bring back the glory of gold/silver/crystal... and then some.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    its a good idea, but im not sure that the DS cartridge can hold the capacity for customizable characters along with the maps and the pokemon, etc., but correct me if im wrong.

Savage Crystal

Down The Highway
    Years
    despite how exciting Platinum is, i would like to see what nintendo is planning on for the 2nd generation remake.

Who says Nintendo is planning a G/S/C remake?

The only reason I'd be interested in going into other regions, is if it's somehow connected to the storyline {Highly unlikely}, or if it was majorly revamped. {But I really don't see that happening.}

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Lot of pages here, I don't have the time to read through all of them, so sorry if this has been talked about before.

I've heard all kinds of stuff about Shaymin Sky Form, a new (evolved?) form of Shaymin. Can someone tell me if this just a fanart trend or if it's really something they have planned?

And while we're on the topic of speculation, anyone think there's a chance of an announcement at E3 of a Pokemon Platformer for Wii? I think that would be awesome, something that's not just a stadium mode of the handheld, but a full-blown 3D platformer.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    the shaymin sky forme has been confirmed. it will switch formes between games. sky forme in platinum, normal forme in D/P, just like Giratina.

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
    Years
    They might "announce" Platinum at E3, but Pokemon has never (I don't think) been announced at E3 before corocoro. So to answer your question: No.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back