• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pocket Monsters X and Y! (New anime and new info)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
  • Please don't tell me Ash loses to a rookie trainer again, but this time having the type advantage. If that happens, that means they made Ash the "noobiest noob that ever noobed".

Why, ShoPro?

I hope Ash gets Fennekin and Froakie this generation, but not Chespin.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Please don't tell me Ash loses to a rookie trainer again, but this time having the type advantage. If that happens, that means they made Ash the "noobiest noob that ever noobed".

Why, ShoPro?

I hope Ash gets Fennekin and Froakie this generation, but not Chespin.

Yep , There are a lot of better people for beating Ash rather then a rookie !
    Honestly , I would like more Antihero type superior rival rather then some rookie in XY series .
    Like N from Game !
    Plus , Gary was a challenging rival in Kento series without even beating or battling Ash .
    Why can't we have a rival like that ????
    Why can't we have a rival who doesn't need to beat Ash in order to prove himself a strong rival ?
    Specially a Same-aged *****y female rival who as cute & hot as the girl in my signature !
    That way viewer can enjoy both rivalry & shipping !

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    What I don't understand is that you keep bringing up this 'noob rival' that is going to defeat Ash in the first battle when, as far as I can tell, the rival that we have been rumored about may not even be a new trainer. After all, he's a world traveler right? Which means that he might have already gone to another region or two before arriving in Kalos.

We won't know how strong this rival is until we start seeing the new series and see how well written they him or her. No use really fretting about it now.

That said, I'm looking forward to the next teaser. Personally I want him to pick the Froakkie but the Chespin was most like the one he would get based on personality. Ah well.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • maybe Ash took a few years off after Unova LOL ( False Hope ) ash certainly looks older im liking the animation style lets see how it goes

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Somebody please zoom this Part -
    tumblr_mrxjjzoHBp1r8sc3ro1_500.png

Anyway , The problem with Pokemon is that the Writer trying to handle the show like some GAG Anime like ''Doremon'' and ''Barney the Dinosaur'' !
    Those idiot doesn't even understand that if Kids only like to see A boy going on an Adventure with his cute little Animal friend then creating a popular Kids anime would have been easy . Any Kids Anime can have been Popular with some cute Animal !
    Anybody can become Billionaire simply by making a Kids Anime about the adventure of some Kids and their cute Animal Friend and selling that Anime's merchandise .
    BUT LIFE ISN'T THAT EASY , ISN'T ?

Pokemon is an Kids Anime that need to be written in a shouene style ! Like ''Shogo chara'' which is a Kids Anime but it was Written in a Shoujo style !

For those Who doesn't know about shogo Chara-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56rwQf0vfz8

Pokemon didn't become popular just because some cute Pokemon like Pikachu !
    It become popular because it had other thing to enjoy rather then some Cute Anime .

What I don't understand is that you keep bringing up this 'noob rival' that is going to defeat Ash in the first battle when,
    Because I have no faith in Pokemon Anime stuff ! Unova League took all the faith I have left !
    Plus , DP series start with a Drew and BW series start with a Loss !
    So Is it too much ask for XY Series to start with a Victory ???
    I mean , My question to the writer

Why can't a new series of Pokemon start with showing the power & capability of the Protagonist like ''Prince of tennis'' , ''Fairy tail'' Or ''One Piece'' ???

Because that how I want XY Series to start !
    Plus , Ash doesn't need to lose to someone right away !
    FYI : I'm not shouting !

maybe Ash took a few years off after Unova LOL ( False Hope ) ash certainly looks older im liking the animation style lets see how it goes
    I would rather like Ash to lose to Overpower trainer like E4 Bruno at the last episode of BW who told Ash that he lost to the likes of Kotetsu , because he lets he guard down against opponent who has a disadvantage over him such as Kotetsu (6 Vs 5) , Roxie (6 Vs 3) and Trip (Newbie) .
    He told Ash that he need to train his mind before going on another journey and offer to train Ash for 2 year .
    Ash accept his offer and start his journey to Kalo region after 2 year of harsh training .
    That would be much better .

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Somebody please zoom this Part -

Anyway , The problem with Pokemon is that the Writer trying to handle the show like some GAG Anime like ''Doremon'' and ''Barney the Dinosaur'' !

Those idiot doesn't even understand that if Kids only like to see A boy going on an Adventure with his cute little Animal friend then creating a popular Kids anime would have been easy . Any Kids Anime can have been Popular with some cute Animal !

Anybody can become Billionaire simply by making a Kids Anime about the adventure of some Kids and their cute Animal Friend and selling that Anime's merchandise .

BUT LIFE ISN'T THAT EASY , ISN'T ?

Pokemon is an Kids Anime that need to be written in a shouene style ! Like ''Shogo chara'' which is a Kids Anime but it was Written in a Shoujo style !

For those Who doesn't know about shogo Chara-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56rwQf0vfz8

Pokemon didn't become popular just because some cute Pokemon like Pikachu !

It become popular because it had other thing to enjoy rather then some Cute Anime .

Because I have no faith in Pokemon Anime stuff ! Unova League took all the faith I have left !

Plus , DP series start with a Drew and BW series start with a Loss !

So Is it too much ask for XY Series to start with a Victory ???

I mean , My question to the writer

Why can't a new series of Pokemon start with showing the power & capability of the Protagonist like ''Prince of tennis'' , ''Fairy tail'' Or ''One Piece'' ???

Because that how I want XY Series to start !

Plus , Ash doesn't need to lose to someone right away !

FYI : I'm not shouting !

I would rather like Ash to lose to Overpower trainer like E4 Bruno at the last episode of BW who told Ash that he lost to the likes of Kotetsu , because he lets he guard down against opponent who has a disadvantage over him such as Kotetsu (6 Vs 5) , Roxie (6 Vs 3) and Trip (Newbie) .

He told Ash that he need to train his mind before going on another journey and offer to train Ash for 2 year .

Ash accept his offer and start his journey to Kalo region after 2 year of harsh training .

That would be much better .

I did on my wii u, it's alexa and some other person, who appears to be wearing a big coat. Maybe ash is traveling with them?

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Seriously , Is Ash going to get his ass kicked by another stinking rookie again because he's first person Ash met !
    Why don't they start a series with Ash beating a strong trainer for ONCE ?
    At least that would something new since none other series start with Ash winning a battle .
    I believe it could be cool if XY series begin with Ash saving the Male/female cast from a bully by beating a crap out of him in Pokemon battle and later that bully become Ash's rival or closet friend .
    Because Kids love an Antagonistic Character becoming good friend with the Protagonist .
    And why the hack that Gible doing with Iris ?
    How much favoritism does the girl gets ?
    May be , It would be much better if Iris Axew's evlove and beat one of Clare's Pokemon .
    Rather then showing off that Dragonite again !
    And seriously , Can the XY teaser show anything else beside Ash running around and 3 kalo starter moving .
    REALLY , I'M BEEN WATCHING THE SAME THING FOR 3 TEASER ! WHEN WILL THEY REVEAL SOMETHING NEW LIKE ASH'S NEW TRAVELING COMPANION OR RIVAL .
    Is The XY Anime Wedsite out yet ?

Great Personality doesn't matter if her personality doesn't fit her role .
    Iris personality didn't suit her role as a Cast girl ! She was more suited to be a mysterious referring character and final gym Leader .
    For example , You might want a female rival who's kind & gentle .
    But if you want a good series then Ash's female rival has to be a complete ***** Or else the rivalry won't be any fan .
    Because that what her role want her to be !
    ROLE > PERSONALITY.
    That why Misty still the best despite being less developed then all other cast girl because Her personality suit her Role .
    While Iris failed because she was writer attempt to create a Positive & energetic cheerful version of Misty .

I disargee with you. I thought Iris had a great personality that did fit her role as an main character, an whole lot more then Dawn who's personality was just bland and boring, even Misty had a really great personality which is the reason why she is the number 1 female main character.

BW series was more like an win too me, while DP series felt more like an loss. The XY series looks more interesting by the mintue and i also seen Alexa in the preview aswell.

I really do hope Ash get's all three of the Kalos starters.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I did on my wii u, it's alexa and some other person, who appears to be wearing a big coat. Maybe ash is traveling with them?

I think that's Clemont !
    150px-XY_Clemont.png

So Ether Ash traveling with him Or he just show up their when Ash was battling .
    I hope Clemont doesn't try to be another older brother figure like Brock/Cilan !
    I rather prefer he & Ash's friendship to be like typical guys where both of them will often be engage in a friendly quarrel but still remain close friend .
    Oh I don't know how to explain that
    Here a fanfic-

(Ash & Co is in a tight situation and Ash make plan that require using one of Clemont's invention)

Clemont : Well , I'm off !

Ash : Good Luck !

Clemont : Really , Aren't you afraid that My Gadget will malfunction and get backfired again?

Ash : Don't worry , I'm have complete Faith in You !

(However , Clemont's invention does get backfired on Clemont )

Clemont : Oh , My Back !

Ash : Failed , Just as I expected !

Clemont : ASH , YOU JERK ! DIDN'T YOU SAID THAT YOU HAVE COMPLETE FAITH IN ME !

Ash : I did ! I have ''Complete Faith'' that You will fail !

Clemont : I'M GONNA KILL YOU !

Thats the type of Love & Hate relationship I want !

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2017
    ok first of all, Hi :D
    second of all i REALLY enjoyed DP for many reasons (and btw my fav pokemon ash had there is Staraptor cause of close combat and brave bird, ofc this is excluding Pikachu and his volt-tackle cause that's too awesome)

and BW was good at the start cause of ashawott, the slightly improved look of the moves, and cause of Team rocket's new cool style even though i am also happy with their comical selfs. that time when they robbed that place, they were pretty epic. that series REALLY starts to take off after Iris gets that Dragonite or the cross dressing episode. whichever came first.

though this XY season looks so :U AMAZING! and i like chespin, it feel like he would be kinda a cross between Brock's responsible side, and the energy of ashawott. though it's kinda sad that no one is caring for the fire fox :< if it turn into a look alike of the ninetails pokemon, it will be awesome :U and even if it become a fighting type, it will probably look super cool like that Girl's Digimon in season 3 of digimon

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Hopefully , Ash won't be too childish like BW !
    I don't want to see that Shameless attitude Ash had in BW .
    There no problem in being Childish .
    But Ash shown to be too Chidless and a truly pathetic & incompetent Kid !
    Popular character like Goku (Dragonball Z) , Luffy (One Piece) , Bossun (Sket dance) & Natsu (fairy tail) act childish too !
    But they only appear to be childish ! In reality , They aren't as childish as they seem . In tight moment , They shown to be much more mature & serious then all other character !
    ITS LIKE THEY HAVE DUEL PERSONALITY .
    Hopefully , Ash will be like that too in XY series !
    He will act childish & sarcastic to mess with the female cast but will show a serious & calm attitude whenever he will face a challenge .
    Like Nate here-
    DP28.jpg

See how clam he is during his conversation with Colress .
    That what I want to see in XY Ash!
    Ash to be calm like Nate during serious moment and for him to similar conversation that Nate & Colress having .
    It will be cool see other character to underestimate Ash due to his childish attitude and get surprise when Ash shows his serious side .
    Also , To see Villainous Team taking a interest in Ash and seeing him as a threat .
    I'M SICK OFF GOOD BOY ASH , I WANT NAUGHTY KID ASH !

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I think that's Clemont !

So Ether Ash traveling with him Or he just show up their when Ash was battling .

I hope Clemont doesn't try to be another older brother figure like Brock/Cilan !

I rather prefer he & Ash's friendship to be like typical guys where both of them will often be engage in a friendly quarrel but still remain close friend .

Oh I don't know how to explain that

Here a fanfic-

(Ash & Co is in a tight situation and Ash make plan that require using one of Clemont's invention)

Clemont : Well , I'm off !

Ash : Good Luck !

Clemont : Really , Aren't you afraid that My Gadget will malfunction and get backfired again?

Ash : Don't worry , I'm have complete Faith in You !

(However , Clemont's invention does get backfired on Clemont )

Clemont : Oh , My Back !

Ash : Failed , Just as I expected !

Clemont : ASH , YOU JERK ! DIDN'T YOU SAID THAT YOU HAVE COMPLETE FAITH IN ME !

Ash : I did ! I have ''Complete Faith'' that You will fail !

Clemont : I'M GONNA KILL YOU !

Thats the type of Love & Hate relationship I want !

That be a cool idea to have. He ismy favorite leader so far.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    BW series did a wonderful job with Ash's character unlike the DP series, at least the XY series will be more interesting and keep with the tone of the interesting BW Ash personality.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    BW series did a wonderful job with Ash's character unlike the DP series, at least the XY series will be more interesting and keep with the tone of the interesting BW Ash personality.

BW did the worst job with Ash !
    DP Ash was competent , smart , Strong and Admirable !
    The Only bad thing about DP Ash that who was too gentle & Goody Goody .
    And BW Ash is incompetent , weak , Pathetic , Forgetful , SHAMELESS ,Stupid & Humiliating !
    And BW Ash also has same Gentle Goody Goody personality of DP Ash . Only difference is that this time he jump & dance like an idiot on the street .

BW Ash is simply a combination of all the bad quality of Original Ash & DP Ash !
    Original Ash's incompetence & Forgetful attitude + DP Ash's goody goody personality=BW Ash !

EVEN THE ORIGINAL ASH FROMKENTO LEAGUE & ORANGE LEAGUE WAS MUCH BETTER THEN BW ASH !!!!!

Hopefully Writer isn't keeping a tone with that trash Ash !
    Because People want -

Original Ash's arrogant ,laid-back , sarcastic & mischievous attitude + DP Ash's competence , Skill and cleverness = XY Ash !

Thats what everybody want !Accept probably you who want Ash to be Joker !

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
  • Original Ash's arrogant ,laid-back , sarcastic & mischievous attitude + DP Ash's competence , Skill and cleverness = XY Ash !

I totally agree with you on this part. Ash should be more skilled and a little more badass in X and Y

P.s. Maby you and Piks should start a DP vs. BW thread.

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
  • Did we have any news about the X & Y anime? When is it going to be aired in the US?

I don't know when it will air in the US. usually it's about 120 days after it airs in japan. At the end of BW it was only 93 days i believe. So you should expect something between 90 and 120 days after it airs in japan.

If you're like me and you can't wait that long, you can always watch a english sub.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I really, really wanted to keep this thread open. This is a good topic with some interesting points and posts and well-meaning posters. But I can't justify keeping it up when all everyone does is argue about DP vs BW. I'm looking at you, Famon and Piks. Knock it off. I am so tired of you two ruining things for everyone else.

If your username is not Famon or Piks, feel free to make a new thread discussing the upcoming XY anime. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back