• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity History

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    People
    Castrainer

Wow, I am first in your list. I feel proud.

Anyway, I'll just... adjust the post I made a year ago, by commenting on it myself.

It started back in 2003, when I joined a Brazilian Pokémon community website called PokéStar Evolution, and started to work there as a newsposter/newsfinder. Since I had the best English out of the members there, it was usually my task to 'investigate' foreign forums and websites for exclusive Pokémon information. And then I found this place.
    Back at that time, I had like 5 contacts on MSN and everything was so innocent. And here I had found a forum with a steady growth in members, activity, and a lot of people who shared the same interests as I. Soon later, PokéStar Evolution died, but I continued to come here.

This part is immutable. That's how I got to PC.

My first year on PC was marked by a single thread: the Crush Thread. It's a shame that a thread of those proportions will never exist again... everyone should have the experience of posting in a thread that's pure, chaotic fun. In that thread alone, I met a lot of people and had great times- PC was basically the Crush Thread. If you started posting there, soon you'd know all the cool people.
    Well anyway, during that time, many things happened- pairings and unpairings, 120+ MSN contacts, 200 posts a day... Maybe too many things. And as time passed, the staff were starting to lose control over that thread, and it was finally closed. Not many months later, I had my computer taken away from me. Sad times. Three months later, on Christmas day, I was back. Yay.

Yes, things were happening too fast. I bet you new members will be tired of hearing stuff about the Crush Thread, but it was just that awesome.

This is the time when they tried to remake the Crush Thread- but it just wasn't the same, so it failed horribly. Everyone from the CT had moved to the new 'great thread', the Daily Chit-Chat. It was almost like a Crush Thread, except it had... rules. We could live with that, though, and the DCC was our new hangout. Me and some friends (Chibi, Jack, Kura, Simon) even called ourselves the DCC <censored> (lol) the greatest group to ever exist on PC. (awesome.jpg)
    After many trials and hardcomes (but not really), I was promoted to moderator, but not many months later I got fed up with life and kinda gave up on the internet, lol. Sometime later, after recovering, I came back kinda unmotivated, and the state of the forum didn't help either. Many had left, many weren't active, and it just wasn't that fun anymore. Then, in December that year, I gave up on the forum, and got myself banned out of pure irritation. :D If I had to tell you one positive thing about that, it helped me find out who were really my friends (those who still wanted to talk to me), and who were the 'others'

I'd like to thank these friends for still being my closest friends. ilu all. ;w ;

The 2-and-a-half years I was banned were spent on random small communities around the internet. Nothing really big, but I had fun exploring all kinds of places and making friends from everywhere in the intertubes (also watching just like every anime I could :B).

Not really PC-related, but insightful somehow.

After I came back, I decided it was finally time to show my perfection and make new friends.

This wasn't in the old post but it's the truth. :D

Anyway, I've had quite a full history here in PC, but I think it was fun and worth it in the end. I made so many awesome friends here and I hope to make some more while this forum still exists~

And, again, I'd like to thank those that still consider me.
    To those that I haven't talked in a while, I hope you know that doesn't mean I dispise you or anything; it's just that we lost means of contact or something.
    And those that, even after five years are still talking to me, a big, bold, underlined, pink to you all~

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    Well, I haven't been her that long so I really cant put down too much. But I'll give it a shot.

I first came to PC because I was looking for a place for a clan that I lead on another site to stay in touch. I got to looking around and decided to stay for a while. Its been two months since then and I'm nowhere near ready to leave. Heres some of my posting history:

I started posting in the Pokémon Groups section. I joined a few groups and learned all the basics of posting. Then I moved on to the Metal and Color Generation Games (GB/GBC) section for a couple of posts. But I didn't really start posting until I started posting in the Off-topic Discussions. I started a marijuana poll and got to debating. My first maybe 20 posts were in that section. After that it was one debate after another and here I am with nearly 300 posts. I've made some friends and I'm having a great time. Thats my past here at PC.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    My memory might be pretty jumbled and hazy, but here's the story of my life on PC~

PC was in fact, the very first (out of the only two) online forums that I have ever joined. I don't remember in the least what compelled me to join in the first place, because I left myself no clues in my earliest posts. This is my third account here. Until recently, I've had the habit of packing up and leaving online communities out of nowhere, and returning several months to a year or so later, and starting fresh.

My first account was ShadowCharizard, created in October 2004. At the time I was 16, and in my opinion, an embarrassment to nature. I'm shocked at how different I am from back then, and when I read back over my posts, baffled at how insane I was. Granted, I'm still insane now, but I can be mature about it, and I don't type "u" for "you."

In those days I was completely batsh*t crazy over Vegeta and DBZ in general, and to be honest I don't recall being significantly into Pokemon at the time (compared to other times in my life), so again, it remains a mystery why this was my first forum. I didn't post much, but I remember having posted in the art forums, of course, and made some other stupid threads about stupid things.

I'm not sure when or why, but I left, and I believe during my time away I joined a DBZ forum called MyFavoriteGames, or MFG. That was the only forum besides PC I ever joined.

To make a long story short, I ended up having a crush on a mod at MFG, and became friends with him (he had a girlfriend at the time), but once I got a boyfriend IRL, I ended up migrating away from MFG and moved back to PC as the user DragonHeart.

This is where I remember things a little more clearly. As DragonHeart, I posted art/pixel art threads and probably made a bit more of a mark, though in the end my post count was still under 50 or so by the time I wandered away from PC again. Also during my time as DragonHeart, I remember there being significantly more activity in the art forums. I remember entering a pixel art contest in February '06 and placing 3rd. I remember Cowrie and Forest Grovyle posting a lot in the art forums, as well as Signomi. I remember looking up to those people. I remember a lot of other random people that were there, like Cookie Luvs Green, Allstories, Cybex Mewtwo, and many others. I think that one of the things I loved most about PC was that it was so much more friendly and welcoming than MFG was, what with all those rowdy DBZ fanboys.

For some reason, though, I left PC again, and didn't return until last year, when I made this account. At first, I'm not sure I actually intended to stick around, but wanted to see what had been going on here while I was gone, and see some familiar usernames again. It was my love for nostalgia that kicked in.

I wasn't really too active at first, but gradually I began to see PC as an online home, and with this account, I have been more active than on any other, whether on PC or MFG. Slowly but surely, I'm making my mark and becoming a part of the one place on the internet I can call home.

Years
    My PC history? ^_^

Well, well my very own Biography for PokeCommunity :3

Life with Pokemon Before PC...

I was part of the Pokemon Fandom during the "PokeMania" days of 1999-2002. Never really knew about the web then so no, no forums. D:

I was able to hold on to some semblance of connection to Pokemon after I bought Sapphire (A bootleg working copy) in my birthday of September 2003. But my love for Pokemon was dashed by my cousin who deleated my saved game in Sapphire which was the first time it happened to me. I was just so shocked that all of my hard work had been erased! The shock was too much that I then decided to abandon Pokemon following the notion that "It's for Kids." I also got into Golden Sun around that time so it filled the fanboy in me for a while.

Well once in a while on the intermn of 2005-2007 I watched the Anime on KidsWB...so I still remembered things a bit back then.
    Then it all started sometime in the Summer of 2007. I saw the son of one of my Mom's friend playing Diamond. It piqued my interest soooooooo much that I REALLY wanted to try it. The touch screen features entranced me. (I really thought that the "clean the badges" feature was awesome. XD) Then I decided to buy Emerald...Absolutely loved it! Reminded me of my childhood soooooo much so...
    By the December-ish of 2007. I just recently back got into the Pokemon Anime. I actually made it my goal to watch the Pokemon movies that I missed during the "Down time" I had on the years 2004-2006. Then I was able to read Dogasu's Summary and Coronis' Summary (Serebii) of Pokemon Special. I searched High and low in Little Tokyo's Kunokoniya Book Store during the Anime Club's field trip there. Then it turns out they only had Vol. 28 RAW...so I couldn't buy. XD

Then I searched Google and found out about one-manga.com which had All voulumes of PokeSpe until Vol.7. But after that I was at a loss. Searched Google again and found out about MangaVolume...but it barely touched the Gold Saga so in turn it led me to Mangafox. Thank Goodness for that website. Turns out the scanlators for up to the RS Saga were PC Members (That since then have been inactive) Finished reading the GSC Saga and started the RS saga in the Summer of 2008.

By then I realized that the Anime was very childish and moved on to the PokeSpe manga. XD (Still watching the Movies tho~)

PC Biography:

Anyways...in the May of 2008...i was wondering on which of what I considered the 3 "Big" remaining Pokemon forums to join. (Serebii?, BMGf? Or PokeCommunity?)
    I decided to join PokeCommunity after reading about the "n00b problems" of Serebbi. BMGf didn't have an active Pokemon Forum (Even though Dogasu was there...) But anyways it turns out that people here in PC were still posting in the Manga section! \o/
    I then decided to join PC. My account here remained inactive for a month due to classed and stuff like that. So during the summer I decided to use the free time I had after Summer School Chem stuff was done...TO READ MANGA'S! XD And be active here in PC. I decided at first to be only active in the Pokemon General and the Manga Sub-forum to try and build some rep and all that. XD I really thought that was a good thing to do back then...since I was too shy and scared to post in the other forums...fearing infractions and flame wars.

Well, well after summer ended I thought that I was going to have to go into a hiatus here in PC...but it turns out that I can use the computers at school to update stuff. XD
    So I posted a bit here and there...the Anime forum sometimes.

Then the real fun started. I went around in OC for a while seeing political threads. Posting a bit here and there...then during the summer there was this after school program on Medicine and the like. We watched movies, discussed things, etc. which really honed my Political Awareness (Yeah I was oh so cynical back then, and was caught in the mood of the US Primaries XD) realizing I had no one to talk to about this, I spontaneously, just before my birthday, decided to make that uber awesome US Elections 2008: Debate the Issues thread. I thought that since this was a Pokemon forum that it would be a fun thing. Gaining consensus and the like. But no...reality hit that thread. Turns out PC was home to a wide array of people across the political spectrum. The debates there turned so hot to the point of me "expressing my feelings" and shouting.

Then by some twist of fate...I decided to actually go to Aurafire's profile and actually apologize for my unwaranted behavior...We started chatting about stuff...and things became better from there...I felt more at ease posting...really had fun instead. ^_^

Eh..I'll update later when I have more time. XDDD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back