• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: PokéCommunity Team Hack-off: Results

Vote for your favorite

• Team 1: Mysterious Mysteries

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Team 2: Prof. Oak's Aide

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Team 3: Dark Destiny

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Team 4: Team 4ever!

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    Congrats to Team 2 for winning the Team Hack-off!

Stay tuned for another similar competition in the following months, maybe.

Woop woop for winning, but well done to the other teams for their hacks too, all round! :) Shoutout to Team 2 though, it was tough as all hell but I had a blast overall :D

For what it's worth, Christos, this competition was a really fun idea. You guys made a solid effort to organise it, and the hitches were honestly due to the difficulties of a large group of strangers trying to co-ordinate their schedules. I would say something like "the deadlines put a lot of pressure on everyone", but that's obvious. A lack of a deadline would eliminate the sense of competition, and that in itself was the motivation to produce something in the first place.

TL;DR, this competition was a great idea, and I would recommend something similar in the future. Kinks can only be worked out through trial and error. Even with the extended (and re-extended) deadlines, you got 4 groups to hack together, and that's really something.

Years
    Yeees we did it! Awesome!

Huge thanks to all the people who voted for us, it's really appreciated! Actually I'd like to thank everyone who played it, especially those who gave us some feedback, this will surely help us improve the game.

Also thanks to the judges for hosting this contest, and for being so patient with us. Sorry that we made it last a bit longer than initially scheduled. :P

Last but not least, big thanks go to my fellow team members, Team 2! I think we got along with each other very well, and I definitely enjoyed working with all of you! Shout-out to giradialkia, who showed much commitment and shaped the hack most. :)

In other news, I have to apologize for something. A big, big sorry for the game crashes many of you encountered when using certain moves. When I played the hack, I noticed that some moves didn't work because we had applied an obsolete version of MrDollSteak's Decap patch. So I did the risky and just copied the data of the latest version to our hack, and after a few tries I actually got it to work. All the moves I used worked perfectly for me, so I reuploaded the new patch. But apparently, things got only worse by doing that, now moves that had worked before cause crashes. I can totally understand that people got annoyed by this, there's definitely nothing more bothersome than a game that crashes every few minutes. So thanks again to all the people who still voted for us despite of this. At least I can promise you that in our next release, this will be fixed for sure.

Anyway, taking part in this competition was a pleasure and I'm already looking forward to the next time something similar takes place!

Back