• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Tutoring Program

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    For those who haven't heard, we no longer have "our" server, so this program is going to have to be postponed for now...sort of. Classes are simply impossible without a server, but traditional one on one tutoring is still very possible on Smogon. This program is in fact still going on, but the class element will be gone until we can finally solve our server issues.

In the meantime, wouldn't we be able to just work on a team with our tutor? I know I've been meaning to do something with DA about a team, but whenever I get on Shoddy and he's on, we always forget to bring it up...so. I guess I'll just VM him some ideas and such.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    The server is up at last (see the announcement), so classes and individual sessions can be done there. You can always post here with any questions, problems, and/or comments.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    Well, if you all need a test dummy or anything of that matter, I can help out with whatever I can to get more out of the tutoring program. I'd like to help out if possible (it will help my mental instability that I'm going through right now.)

The Sceptile King

Just came back from a break!
    Years
    student

PokéCommnity Server Username(s):the sceptile king
    Time Zone:eeastern
    How active are you? [NOTE: "Active enough to do this" is NOT an acceptable answer.]:almost every day
    Is there anything you want us to know about you? [optional]i just started learning about compettiteve batteling
    What experience do you have playing Pokémon competitively?pratically none
    What do you feel like you need to improve on to become a good battler:everything

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    student

PokéCommnity Server Username(s):the sceptile king
    Time Zone:eeastern
    How active are you? [NOTE: "Active enough to do this" is NOT an acceptable answer.]:almost every day
    Is there anything you want us to know about you? [optional]i just started learning about compettiteve batteling
    What experience do you have playing Pokémon competitively?pratically none
    What do you feel like you need to improve on to become a good battler:everything

Apps have been closed and teachers and students chosen, so you're late. Wait until next round.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Okay so there has been a lot of time for individual sessions. I've been meaning to do this for awhile now but I finally got around to it. We will begin to organize classes. They are:

-competitive battling basics (especially what to expect battling on the ladder)
    -making use of EVs and natures/making EV spreads
    -strategies (both broad team strategies and stuff for individual Pokemon like luring and trapping)
    -team building
    -prediction (long-term thinking included)
    -adapting to the metagame/any other questions

@Students: Post to express interest in any combination of classes.

@Tutors: We need to figure out who is going to teach each class. I have my ideas but post/PM me for what you're interested in (you can say as many as you want since I'll eventually organize it out due to your preference).

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
    Out of all of the tutors available, I'd probably be best suited (And would like to) teach the Competitive Pokemon Basics. Whereas the other tutors are (definitely) more knowledgeable than I am, it's probably best lol.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Okay so there has been a lot of time for individual sessions. I've been meaning to do this for awhile now but I finally got around to it. We will begin to organize classes. They are:

-competitive battling basics (especially what to expect battling on the ladder)
    -making use of EVs and natures/making EV spreads
    -strategies (both broad team strategies and stuff for individual Pokemon like luring and trapping)
    -team building
    -prediction (long-term thinking included)
    -adapting to the metagame/any other questions

@Students: Post to express interest in any combination of classes.

@Tutors: We need to figure out who is going to teach each class. I have my ideas but post/PM me for what you're interested in (you can say as many as you want since I'll eventually organize it out due to your preference).

I'll probably PM members who didn't post here since I'm sure they didn't see this, but I do need more than three posts total for this, hahaha. There isn't any real rush, but we don't want this to stall for a long time.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I would probably do best teaching how to make use of EV spreads, since I'm probably lacking in the other fields more than the other tutors.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well ill do team building and strategies too if you want me to do that.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
    Years
    I could totally do metagame adapting or whatever you call it. :3 Since you know, I leave so often and I have to jump back in and adapt to a new metagame each time. So yeah, I've had experience with that. Anyway, I doubt I'll even get the position, but I might as well try. :/

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I think I need all of them, but mostly, I could use help with Strategies,Team building, Prediction and Adapting to the current Metagame.

By the way, I was Faster than a bullet.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    So are these classes even taking place ?

I also love how much "interest" there is in this too. :/

Back